NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanner discussion MUST remain in the Parking Lot.

Please keep your posts on topic.

No posting of rumors or perpetuating of rumors. For example, do not take as truth what someone says in a FB comment and then repeat it here as fact.

Please let us know if you find anything in the MSM about AY.

Thanks!

Hoppyfrog
mod

I was raised by my grandparents and I was taught to always be polite- I have called 911 and acknowledged the operator with a salutation "hello" it is just something that is ingrained in me, I do it without even thinking- I am also not a person that panics in an emergency- I am very focused on what needs done and I fall apart later.

It has always bothered me to see people judged on their emotional reaction in a time of crisis.
People do not follow a script on how to behave in a time of stress.

One thing that nobody has addressed is the fact that there is no absolute definition of what abuse is .
For some people any spanking at all is abuse to some, but to many people a spanking is just that a spanking-
that is also why so many people do not report abuse they see- it is very rare that a person is going to savagely beat a child in front of an audience- much more likely they will yell and swat which is much harder for the average by-stander to define as abuse.
And far to many people do not recognize mental and verbal abuse at all.

To me, playing with a lighter indicates flicking it on and off. I think, even from far away, if it was dark, you could tell someone was playing with a lighter. It's something I've seen adults do from time to time - mostly as a mindless thing, or maybe wanting a smoke but not having cigarettes on them. Kind of like clicking a pen.

I could see a person not thinking much of it at the time, but after a few days pass, remembering it. It's not really something that would jump out at you, particularly if your neighbors are in the habit of stepping outside to smoke.

Not sure what will come of it, but not automatically hinky to me.

I wondered why her parents or the fire department did not try to question Zahra to find out if she was playing with a lighter and started the fire. I know many fires have started from kids playing with matches.

Hi guys before I go into too much detail have you discussed the confrontation between KB and a LD on facebook about when the bio mum last saw Zahra......seems we are not being told the truth about this, it is not 8 months but when she was about 2....also looks like there may have been a bit more into that as well........

look all I hope noone from Giru is reading this.....but I also went to school with someone who has commented quite a lot on this case and all i can say is hhhmmmm......

WTH @ the 911 calls...

Dad's call to 911... as I listen to it over and over, my snarky side can't help but speak up and ask: did he not realize that he was calling 911, not The Wendy Williams show? How you doin?

These 911 calls reveal a lot, IMO... EB making the fire secondary in fact, and dad sounding like he was casually calling into the WW show. Either they have super powerful calm nerves when it comes to emergencies, or it was all staged and they failed miserably in making things sound convincing.

Incredible isn't it. If that doesn't say something about AB and his involvement I don't know what does.

Another article that states there was a second woman at the furniture store with them.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-teams-continue-search-for.html#ixzz12kqBVOXo

Zahra, who is hearing impaired and has a prosthetic leg, was reported missing 10 days ago. Police however have not been able to confirm that anyone other than family has seen the girl since Sept. 25, when she was spotted at a furniture store with her stepmother and another woman.

The first article actually said that the store employee went up to both of them and asked them if they needed any help as they were looking at a loveseat. Who is this other woman and why wouldn't she have come forward to say she was with Zahra that day?

Good find. This one clarifies their earlier "saw two women walking to the back of the store" article, I think. The other woman has so far been reported nowhere else.

Scanner discussion MUST remain in the Parking Lot.

Please keep your posts on topic.

No posting of rumors or perpetuating of rumors. For example, do not take as truth what someone says in a FB comment and then repeat it here as fact.

Please let us know if you find anything in the MSM about AY.

Thanks!

Hoppyfrog
mod

Will do hoppy - Hopefully soon.

Hi guys before I go into too much detail have you discussed the confrontation between KB and a LD on facebook about when the bio mum last saw Zahra......seems we are not being told the truth about this, it is not 8 months but when she was about 2....also looks like there may have been a bit more into that as well........

look all I hope noone from Giru is reading this.....but I also went to school with someone who has commented quite a lot on this case and all i can say is hhhmmmm......

I didn't take that to be much of anything really. It seems as though AB has stated that Zahra's mother has not been in her life since she was 8 months old. Apparently when she was 2 there was a visit with her mother and there are pictures of that. The person defending the birth mom seemed to think she had one over on KB that she was lying. KB never said the comment about the 8 months so that was the end of it wasn't it?

I dunno. I lived in a basement apt years ago and the upstairs naighbours were drug dealing.
The house was raided and I went into shock. When the police were questionning me I was in such a blind panic that I stammered "Uh...if I had known that you were coming, I would have cleaned up!'

You think in slow motion during a traumatic situation. That could be what AB was experiencing. JMO!

:floorlaugh: ahhhh.. That was the laugh I needed today.... This case is just so sad..... Sometimes we need that.... :)

Just added the Waterworks pics to the other ones I took at the Phillip Lane area. This http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/amylynn34/?albumview=slideshow

I need to sign off for tonight, I have a Medical Terminology test and Algebra homework to do. Yay me!! NOT!!
Thank you so much for this. So there are "islands" out there (read the pic of the signs). I guess the only access to those islands would be by boat (duh kinda moment - hey I'm blond). It does get very dark out there.

WTH @ the 911 calls...

Dad's call to 911... as I listen to it over and over, my snarky side can't help but speak up and ask: did he not realize that he was calling 911, not The Wendy Williams show? How you doin?

:angel: Maybe he was trying to sound like Joey from Friends.. How YOU doin?

I've been lurking here since the beginning of the whole Zahra ordeal began......I pray. I hope. I conjecture. I hypothesize and yet I feel like we're further away from getting to the bottom of this than we ever before. I'm praying for LE everyday. WHERE is she?? I feel borderline obsessive on finding this child.

My husband has a business on Springs Rd in Hickory and we also own another in the downtown area. I'm sure he's tired of hearing me tell him to look for her every morning as he leaves for work.

If we only we could just find this child to offer her the DIGNITY that she deserves as a child of this earth.

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to WS MountainChick. We are glad you are here.

ITA with your post.

:angel: Maybe he was trying to sound like Joey from Friends.. How YOU doin?
ever since I heard that 911 - that's what keeps poppin' into my head. It just blew me away when I heard it the first time - I was certainly not expecting to hear that. Just unbelieveable.

Thank you so much for this. So there are "islands" out there (read the pic of the signs). I guess the only access to those islands would be by boat (duh kinda moment - hey I'm blond). It does get very dark out there.

Yeah, they are more like little sand dunes I would call them. Not anything big at all. And about it being dark, the sun was going down as we were walking down the slope. There is one pic with a wet shirt in it just took it because it was the one thing that looked out of place. Tried to caption the rest of them. I HAVE to get off here NOW! LOL

I'm behind but just had to post.

Hey, how ya doin? I am officially off the fence again.

Wow :eek: And the WHOLE 911 audio hasn't been released yet right? Gosh how calm is HE?

I realized a pic was in there that shouldn't of been so I am going to see if the link still works without it. If not I will post a new link.

ETA: The link still works and the pic was removed. Have a great night. Praying for Zahra to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932