Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25451534/detail.html

In this video the reporter said something about the mattress being removed from the home. Then the reporter said LE said that even though the mattress was removed from the home does NOT mean it was slept on. This makes me think the new mattress theory is spot on and she never made it to the new home.

They also said that Lisa Dubbs (?), high profile Defense Attorney, was on the visitors log for visiting EB.

High Profile Defense Attorney! :eek:

Regarding the mattress and Zahra never making it to the new home, I bet AB will be cornered if LE can determine that. I know "she's been in puberty", but his story will not hold up if they can pin down the real events and the fact that AB hadn't seen his daughter for quite some time.

Is anyone else secretly hoping this case gets it's own forum soon? So hard to keep up with one thread. Finding links, etc. I wonder what the criteria is. We're on day 12 I believe.

Yes, but I have a feeling it's going to be over soon.

This Lisa Dubs?

During a rule 24 hearing Thursday in Caldwell County Superior Court, Assistant District Attorney Lori Goins said prosecutors plan to treat the case against 50-year-old William Eugene Murphy as a capital offense due to multiple aggravating factors. However, Lisa A. Dubs, Murphy’s defense attorney, argued against the decision, citing the length of time between the homicides and her client’s arrest.

Read more: News-Topic - Death penalty sought against William Murphy

http://www.newstopic.net/pages/full...liam+Murphy &id=7420422&instance=main_article

Thanks curious and agatha that helped...broke my heart as I was just going through the Caylee case when Zahras came up but very helpful...I love WS but its such a hard place when you put faces to the thread.

This Lisa Dubs?

During a rule 24 hearing Thursday in Caldwell County Superior Court, Assistant District Attorney Lori Goins said prosecutors plan to treat the case against 50-year-old William Eugene Murphy as a capital offense due to multiple aggravating factors. However, Lisa A. Dubs, Murphy’s defense attorney, argued against the decision, citing the length of time between the homicides and her client’s arrest.

Read more: News-Topic - Death penalty sought against William Murphy

http://www.newstopic.net/pages/full...liam+Murphy &id=7420422&instance=main_article

ugh! It certainly looks that way. Same area and county. Now I think we may know what the $10K is going to be used for?

She also has form defending mothers accused of killing their children, such as the Lisa Green case.

Closing Arguments Start In Lisa Greene Murder Trial

Posted: 5:46 pm EST January 22, 2008

Greene is accused of setting her Midland home on fire, leaving her children inside to die in January 2006.

Greene’s attorneys took out all the stops in their closing argument. They compared the prosecution’s case against her to a witch hunt. Attorney Lisa Dubs said a woman convicted of witchcraft and murder was wrongly put to death on ruins, and that shouldn’t happen to Greene.

The defense rejected points made by prosecuting attorneys, one after another, saying they weren’t based on facts but on rushed judgment. They said the prosecution’s case was based on talking badly about Greene’s character and how she treated her children.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/15114152/detail.html

Death hair? A loose term referring to:

The band that forms on a strand of hair after death. here is one explanation>>.

"“Banding” is a phenomenon that occurs in the hairs still attached to the scalp of a dead person eight to twelve hours post mortem. The hairs take on a translucent quality that can be observed microscopically. Centurion was able to present such “hair banding” testimony from three different forensic experts who examined the hairs and agreed that they were “banded.”

http://www.centurionministries.org/letters-060706.html

She also has form defending mothers accused of killing their children, such as the Lisa Green case.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. How could anyone, much less, a female defend someone killing a child? I think I will take a break this evening. As of right now, my faith in the US justice system is at an all time low.

Closing Arguments Start In Lisa Greene Murder Trial

Posted: 5:46 pm EST January 22, 2008

Greene is accused of setting her Midland home on fire, leaving her children inside to die in January 2006.

Greene’s attorneys took out all the stops in their closing argument. They compared the prosecution’s case against her to a witch hunt. Attorney Lisa Dubs said a woman convicted of witchcraft and murder was wrongly put to death on ruins, and that shouldn’t happen to Greene.

The defense rejected points made by prosecuting attorneys, one after another, saying they weren’t based on facts but on rushed judgment. They said the prosecution’s case was based on talking badly about Greene’s character and how she treated her children.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/15114152/detail.html

Why do I think we will hear the bolded underlined words above again in this case ????

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25451534/detail.html

In this video the reporter said something about the mattress being removed from the home. Then the reporter said LE said that even though the mattress was removed from the home does NOT mean it was slept on. This makes me think the new mattress theory is spot on and she never made it to the new home.

They also said that Lisa Dubbs (?), high profile Defense Attorney, was on the visitors log for visiting EB.

NOOOOOOOOOO! I have joked around with my husband to put in his will that if he was to ever die of mysterious causes that Lisa Dubbs would be my attorney. Especially since he knows I love him more than anything and he would want the best to defend me....and she is the best. I do NOT like to hear that. In fact I mentioned to friends/family when EB's attorney was interviewed by the newspapers that thank goodness her court-appointed attorney wasn't Dubbs. This makes me very unhappy!!!

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. How could anyone, much less, a female defend someone killing a child? I think I will take a break this evening. As of right now, my faith in the US justice system is at an all time low.

The fact that she is willing to defend that kind of crime should inspire you and restore you faith in US Justice System as it is what our system is founded on- EVERYONE is entitled to a defense a competent defense in fact.
Without that out system falls apart.

i'm sorry, i just don't get it. How could anyone, much less, a female defend someone killing a child? I think i will take a break this evening. As of right now, my faith in the us justice system is at an all time low.

money and recognition jmo

IMO, a child that survives two forms of cancer and is moved half way around the world with no family around - should bring about many new "priorities" to most parents.

She was going to get back her hearing back (or better ) and honored by a charity group - and AB doesn't go?? He sends her step mother of only 2 yrs??

Just doesn't seem too devoted to me but thats just my opinion.

My point was that 'devotion' can happen in more than one way. Outwardly he could have been thrilled that his daughters stepmother was showing her 'devotion' to his child. She does come off as a 'devoted' parent in the video I saw....He could be showing his Devotion by working and providing for his family. Also this was in May and he would have just started his job. A lot of people don't like to ask time off for when working a new job. <--- All my opinion of course :)

NOOOOOOOOOO! I have joked around with my husband to put in his will that if he was to ever die of mysterious causes that Lisa Dubbs would be my attorney. Especially since he knows I love him more than anything and he would want the best to defend me....and she is the best. I do NOT like to hear that. In fact I mentioned to friends/family when EB's attorney was interviewed by the newspapers that thank goodness her court-appointed attorney wasn't Dubbs. This makes me very unhappy!!!

There's nothing for you to worry about, but if you did need attorney here's her law firm link.

http://www.dubslawfirm.embarqspace.com/#/lisa-andrew-dubs/4541592642

BTW, does she have four children?

Just as an exercise...
Like many (most? all?) of the posters here, i believe the SM to be the perpetrator. I am wondering, though, as an academic exercise: say SM was NOT responsible for Z's disappearance. Is there any possibility, at all, that someone else did it?

Death bands of hair was discussed at great length in the Caylee Anthony forum, since a hair w/ a death band was found on a hair belonging to Caylee in the trunk of KC's car. IMO, this will be an important piece of evidence in the trial. The hair was found before Caylee was found and there was some discussion surrounding the possibility that the hair could have come from KC...but since she is still alive, imo that was pretty much a moot point.

Much of the topic is way over my head, but for me the most misunderstood fact regarding the death band was that some were under the impression that a death band could occur from a hair simply falling out and then 'dying' so to speak...but that's not so, it's 1 (or more of course) hairs from of an already deceased person that will form a death band. If that makes any sense to anyone, I'm afraid I'm not very good at explaining it! Very interesting reading though..and here is a link to the thread in that forum if anyone wants to get an idea of how this occurs..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71519"]What do we know about hair decomp ***REVISITED*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just as an exercise...
Like many (most? all?) of the posters here, i believe the SM to be the perpetrator. I am wondering, though, as an academic exercise: say SM was NOT responsible for Z's disappearance. Is there any possibility, at all, that someone else did it?

I don't believe so...for many reasons. For me to even ponder that possibility I would have to know why EB wrote the ransom note because I don't believe that she (they) had any intention of actually kidnapping AB's bosses daughter. Not only that..the fact that it appears (at least to me) that her own children believe her to be guilty and that speaks volumes to me. They know what went on in that household and they know her better than anyone. It was bad enough for at least the one daughter to contact DSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member