Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here it is:
Meanwhile, the residents of a trailer park in Caldwell County where Zahra lived until mid-summer are still hoping the girl will be found alive, but they admit that hope is fading. Search teams combed the woods around the trailer park last Wednesday.

"They need to come back and do some more," said Tabitha Haas.

Haas said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," Haas said.

Peggy Johnson claims a few days later, "the most awful smell was coming up out of the manhole in my yard."

She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

I think they had alot of complaints and they found out it was a sewer problem.

But WHY were they there??

Good morning all, from what is forecast to be a lovely sunny day here in southern Oz! I logged in to see if I could stop worrying.... but no. :( Poor Zahra.

I did find some coverage of the whole miserable story on the Oz MSM at last:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/f...ng-girl-in-us-20101021-16w1w.html?autostart=1

Nothing fabulously new, but then I suppose they are getting their info from US newspaper sources.

Now to go back and read all the postings you guys made while I was asleep! Thanks everyone for being there for my tiny, helpless compatriot in her time of need.

Just my own thoughts but I think they figured out there was no scent matching Z on the mattress in the house. That "new" mattress was probably the clue that triggered the hunt for her real mattress.

When I first saw it I felt it was too new, clean, nice to be Z's. I don't see EB allowing a bunch of money to go to Z for her comfort. For some reason they had to rid her real mattress :( and got a new one so things didn't look suspicious when they showed LE their missing daughter's bedroom.

Perhaps one of the nearby business owners remembers a mattress in the dumpster. Or there is surveillance video of this.
IMO, they have a tip or good info from someone that prompted the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or AB told them that they had just bought Zahra a new bed?

Bicicleta:

Man, I wish I could keep up with y'all! I try, but it's near impossible!

I looked at that too and agree that duct tape was used to hold the plastic on the bed. If you read further down the article, it says....

"NewsChannel 36 saw crews removing Zahra's mattresses and bed railings, saying search dogs will use these to constantly have her scent."

I do not believe that the Baker's would have bought a new bed for Zahra after she had died. They didn't want to spend any time or money on her when she was alive, no way they were spending anything on her if she is no longer living.

SM would if it kept her butt out of jail!

Any locals viewing this thread?
I am curious re: getting rid of a mattress in Hickory. Do you have to haul it to the landfill, or take it to a dumpster? That would require, well, planning and effort, relatively speaking, to physically dispose of a mattress away from your home, even if it is just twin-sized. I wonder if they dumped a mattress at the mobile home park?

We replaced my son's full size mattresses about a year ago and we put the old set out on the curb and called the city. They sent a truck to pick them up a couple days later. I see mattresses put out in the city limits quite often. The people down the street were selling their house and before they moved they put all of their's out for pick-up lol.

Perhaps if little Zahra passed away in her bed, and she laid there for a day or two, there were 'death hairs'. If mattress analysis found these 'death hairs;, that would clue them in it were the original mattress. if they found these 'death hairs; on the floor of her room, or in the car, but NOT in the mattress, then they would know the mattress had been replaced. They would also know she were gone. I am sure a few off these 'death hairs; would have fallen off in the process of moving her.

I still wonder if the sewer leak was a story to evade certain info or evidence they had recovered? I cannot believe it was not followed up more so than what the neighbor stated if they have not found her body yet! or know what happened to her...I think the piece of evidence they are searching for is to determine exactly when she was killed and to nail the killer.
just all my opinion though

Just came across this link, don't recall if the info in it has been posted before:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/article/-/8178830/relative-zahra-said-my-mumma-would-never-hit-me/

"Drum also told how the little girl's bedroom in her new home in North Carolina was sparsely furnished with barely any personal items. "I took her to see The Princess and the Frog last year and she said it was the first time she had ever been taken to the movies," Drum tells WHO. "The last time I saw her I took her to the park and whens he got back into the car she said, 'Thank you, Kim. This was the best day of my life.'" "

That is absolutely heartbreaking!!!

Quoting myself :crazy:

IMO, any devoted Dad would certainly have been there. :banghead:

My husband is a devoted father but he has had to miss school events, ultrasounds, doctor appt. because he works and is the sole provider. He even has an extremely flexible job but even so he can't just take off every time he wants to.

Just came across this link, don't recall if the info in it has been posted before:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/article/-/8178830/relative-zahra-said-my-mumma-would-never-hit-me/

Thank you Hamsterdance. :) From that news link...

Drum also told how the little girl's bedroom in her new home in North Carolina was sparsely furnished with barely any personal items. "I took her to see The Princess and the Frog last year and she said it was the first time she had ever been taken to the movies," Drum tells WHO. "The last time I saw her I took her to the park and whens he got back into the car she said, 'Thank you, Kim. This was the best day of my life.'"

This is why I don't feel Z would have a bed as nice as the one pulled from her home. I have read things like this multiple times. It seems like everything went to EB, I doubt Z ever got anything nice.

If the report about the movie is true, I could hug Drum for giving Z that wonderful day. I am so glad she got to see Princess and the Frog. That is such a great kids movie, I enjoyed it myself.

It may be nothing, but I keep thinking the comforter and pillows found in the vehicle are tied in here somewhere, also. Maybe they were hit on for decomp during the initial search?

Also, I remember seeing a girl about Zahra's age in EB's myspace photos, but I don't recall who she was. Perhaps this was someone who stayed overnights, therefore they got the replacement bed for that purpose? NOT sleuthing this child, just questioning the possibility.

Perhaps if little Zahra passed away in her bed, and she laid there for a day or two, there were 'death hairs'. If mattress analysis found these 'death hairs;, that would clue them in it were the original mattress. if they found these 'death hairs; on the floor of her room, or in the car, but NOT in the mattress, then they would know the mattress had been replaced. They would also know she were gone. I am sure a few off these 'death hairs; would have fallen off in the process of moving her.

I hope this doesnt sound to stupid but what are death hairs??

I'm not at all surprised to read that her room was "sparsely furnished with barely any personal items" :( :(

Does anyone have the link to the search warrants. TIA

I'm wonder if they took out EB's stolen vacuum cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbohacek