NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan Stacy.

That's the little guy I'm thinking of. What a sick case. I did a time-line for that case and had nightmares just thinking of the torture he endured. For some reason, I get the same feeling with this case. I don't know why. Time for me to get some sleep.

I tend to agree with you. The goth angle is not really a factor for me, its the other information or sketchy information I am focused on. Although, she does seem a bit old for that particular orientation. IMO goths are most heavily populated by disenfranchised youth.

With ya on the Goth thing.To each his own.It's all the other info and why in the world this beautiful little girl who is so strong got such a short end of the stick with this kind of crap.MOO

Nurse there is no excuse for what this is looking like it is going to turn out to be - none! Glad you are here on the thread friend - do you know about prothesis and how long they can stay on w/o being removed and what distance would a girl Zahra's age be expected to walk with one of these prothesis? Here is a pix of the prothesis - and no, I can't spell that word.
if you keep one on too long, depending on how new it is (do we know when it was last fitted???) you can get blisters and decubitus ulcers from keeping it on or walking on it too long. Sleeping in one... have not heard of that, as a professional nurse, at all. Anyone else with a prosthetic who sleeps in it feel free to chime in. It is kind of like sleeping with your dentures in.

What also is important to keep in mind is that with children with prosthetics thy must CONSTANTLY be refitted as they grow. At her age she could go thru a good dozen or more to adulthood as her long bones grow. I personally wonder if her prosthetic/amputation was being actively followed by a doctor once she came to the US...

And trust me.. if this SM was making her walk around on a prosthetic that was too small for her it would have been beyond excruciating! (and until I see some documentation/media reports that she was being cared for state side I just don't believe it was happeneing. not at all... and my HEART HURTS ALL THAT MUCH MORE! AS A FELLOW CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVOR)

Anyone check to find out where they lived before this? TIA

I am not at all sure how Dad's immigration status plays into any of this sad situation, if at all. However, if she petitioned for him on a fiance or immigrant visa, that is only a temporary green card. He will have to petition for removal of conditional status after 2 years of marriage. If wife is in jail (for whatever reason), I am not sure that is going to happen. If he is not involved in this, I see a move back to Australia and if our prayers were answered..back with his daughter.

Nurse there is no excuse for what this is looking like it is going to turn out to be - none! Glad you are here on the thread friend - do you know about prothesis and how long they can stay on w/o being removed and what distance would a girl Zahra's age be expected to walk with one of these prothesis? Here is a pix of the prothesis - and no, I can't spell that word.
I'm not "nurse" but I did try to answer that question upthread. I'm sure she would've taken it off at night when she slept, but as far as how far she could walk that would be up to the individual, her own strength and how well the prosthesis fit. As she had the amputation five years ago, she may have done quite well now, as long as she had the physical strength and a proper fitting prosthesis. :) MOO

ETA ~ thank you nurse for the reply also....I see most of what I posted you have confirmed! :)

Thank you everyone for such insightful, heartfelt comments on this case, as well as providing great up to the minute updates on this nightmare that is unfolding. All I can say is that it makes my heart hurt so bad I want to cry. There truly are no words. This wonderful little girl---and those parents.....

I have to stop typing now.:furious:

I am not at all sure how Dad's immigration status plays into any of this sad situation, if at all. However, if she petitioned for him on a fiance or immigrant visa, that is only a temporary green card. He will have to petition for removal of conditional status after 2 years of marriage. If wife is in jail (for whatever reason), I am not sure that is going to happen. If he is not involved in this, I see a move back to Australia and if our prayers were answered..back with his daughter.
health care benefits for Zahra

Anyone check to find out where they lived before this? TIA

They lived in neighboring Caldwell County...and apparently other places as well. Seems they moved quite a bit...

They've been married since 2007 I believe and if he has anything to do with this which is looking more and more likely he will be staying in the U.S of A for a very very long time.

I am so disgusted in so many ways.

My thoughts, hopes, prayers, and everything else are with you little freckled Zahra. You never deserved cancer and you never, EVER deserved to be gone from your bed tonight. God BLESS YOU and KEEP YOU.

health care benefits for Zahra

Zahra would have received free health care in Australia - it doesn't make sense for her father to move her to the States if she still needed medical attention. We have some of the best cancer care facilities for children in the world and all for free.

I've been able to confirm that Elesa Baker was in Oz at the time that article was written about Zahra, she was still there on 5 Oct 2008.

1) Pretty sure these are old neighbors....new neighbors say they've never seen the child.

2) LE states that no one can confirm seeing the child in recent weeks, at least no one so far. I'm sure this is related to the fact that their neighbors have never seen the child playing outside, etc. The parents are telling inconsistent stories about when they last saw her. Stepmom says she checked on her at 2:30am on Saturday and then didn't see her again when she checked her room at around 1pm on Saturday.

3) They have lived in this house approx. 2-3 months.

4) We have not been given a public report about her last doctor visit. We know she received free hearing aids in Charlotte about 5 months ago. We know she had suffered two bouts of cancer. We know she had a prosthetic left leg, below the knee.

5) The father says he last saw Zahra on Thursday evening when he returned from work. He says she was asleep when he left home on Friday morning and also when he returned Friday evening. There has been no outside confirmation of this, however. No one so far, other than these parents, can say that they have seen her in recent days, weeks.

The links to all of this info are in the threads here....but time restraints make it tough for me to link it all tonight. If I am incorrect in my info, others here can correct it for us. This story is changing moment to moment....

TY for your answers. The reason I questions which neighbors is that I have heard the reports of no one seeing her in weeks and that neighbors specifically hadn't seen her in weeks. Granted I heard it on NG who I make it a rule not to watch but JVM show was actually where I heard it first and I stuck with the channel even after NG came on because this little girl captured my heart.

Anywho, I heard on NG that NEIGHBORS hadn't seen her in weeks. If the family moved to the neighborhood 2-3 months ago as has been stated, it must have been the new neighbors who saw her IYKWIM

If that IS the case, then she has not been missing since before the move but since the move. That is what I am trying to nail down solidly.

TY too for answer #5 - so if things come up in future that no one but dad and SM claim to have seen her in weeks, that gives me a - concern.

if you keep one on too long, depending on how new it is (do we know when it was last fitted???) you can get blisters and decubitus ulcers from keeping it on or walking on it too long. Sleeping in one... have not heard of that, as a professional nurse, at all. Anyone else with a prosthetic who sleeps in it feel free to chime in. It is kind of like sleeping with your dentures in.

What also is important to keep in mind is that with children with prosthetics thy must CONSTANTLY be refitted as they grow. At her age she could go thru a good dozen or more to adulthood as her long bones grow. I personally wonder if her prosthetic/amputation was being actively followed by a doctor once she came to the US...

And trust me.. if this SM was making her walk around on a prosthetic that was too small for her it would have been beyond excruciating! (and until I see some documentation/media reports that she was being cared for state side I just don't believe it was happeneing. not at all... and my HEART HURTS ALL THAT MUCH MORE! AS A FELLOW CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVOR)

Wow, prosthetic fittings, cancer treatments, hearing aids, homeschooling, etc... That's alot to handle even for financially stable, sober, supportive families.

Zahra would have received free health care in Australia - it doesn't make sense for her father to move her to the States if she still needed medical attention. We have some of the best cancer care facilities for children in the world and all for free.

I've been able to confirm that Elesa Baker was in Oz at the time that article was written about Zahra, she was still there on 5 Oct 2008.
Knowing that his daughter would need continual medical care and replacement prosthesis, I can't see what financial advantage he would have by moving here to the US, or even considering moving here. MOO

As for the possibility they were running a meth lab- LE has been in the current house and the smell is unmistakable if any chemicals at all were found Hazmat teams would have converged on that house.
If they had large quantities of meth in the house LE would have smelled it-there is an unavoidable ammonia (cat pee to be specific) odor.
And I would hope LE has already or is in the process of checking their pasts homes.

I heard the officer giving the presser say they know she isn't a runaway because she her hearing aide was left at the home and she wouldn't have gone off without it-- sorry but that is simply not correct. I have a deaf daughter and have spend 23 years around deaf and hard of hearing kids and everyone of them at sometime or another a)refused to wear their aids, b)forgot them at home,c) went through a phase where they thought they didn't need it.
Not that I think she is a runaway- sadly I do not. Wish she was... Just that the belief that she wouldn't have left without the aid is not necessarily true.

I have to give dad the benefit of the doubt until LE says this poor child was actually gone before last Thursday.

As for the possibility they were running a meth lab- LE has been in the current house and the smell is unmistakable if any chemicals at all were found Hazmat teams would have converged on that house.
If they had large quantities of meth in the house LE would have smelled it-there is an unavoidable ammonia (cat pee to be specific) odor.
And I would hope LE has already or is in the process of checking their pasts homes.

I heard the officer giving the presser say they know she isn't a runaway because she her hearing aide was left at the home and she wouldn't have gone off without it-- sorry but that is simply not correct. I have a deaf daughter and have spend 23 years around deaf and hard of hearing kids and everyone of them at sometime or another a)refused to wear their aids, b)forgot them at home,c) went through a phase where they thought they didn't need it.
Not that I think she is a runaway- sadly I do not. Wish she was... Just that the belief that she wouldn't have left without the aid is not necessarily true.

I have to give dad the benefit of the doubt until LE says this poor child was actually gone before last Thursday.

BBM thank you for making this point, I agree with this. I do suspect there may have been a drug angle (photographs of drastic physical appearance change in SM including sunken look) but agree wholeheartedly, we would know based on LE branch LE activity on MSM. And trust,. MSM would have footage if hazmat police personnel was on that scene.

as to underlined - My sentiments as well, sigh.

I too am giving dad benifit - for now, but will watch the case unfold before judgment. Just because no one else saw her in several weeks does not mean she was not arround. But I do find it worrisome that no one but dad and SM have been reported to have seen Zahra in weeks. As more information comes in about the timeline it will help to narrow the focus for me.

Knowing that his daughter would need continual medical care and replacement prosthesis, I can't see what financial advantage he would have by moving here to the US, or even considering moving here. MOO

Me either. I think there was one reason and one reason only why he moved to the States. That reason is sitting in jail.

BBM thank you for making this point, I agree with this. I do suspect there may have been a drug angle (photographs of drastic physical appearance change in SM including sunken look) but agree wholeheartedly, we would know based on LE branch LE activity on MSM. And trust,. MSM would have footage if hazmat police personnel was on that scene.

as to underlined - My sentiments as well, sigh.

I too am giving dad benifit - for now, but will watch the case unfold before judgment. Just because no one else saw her in several weeks does not mean she was not arround. But I do find it worrisome that no one but dad and SM have been reported to have seen Zahra in weeks. As more information comes in about the timeline it will help to narrow the focus for me.

BBM - I'm sorry but dad gets no benefit of the doubt from me. That is HIS little girl, HE is responsible for what's going on in his own family. There are many times that my husband leaves before my kids wake up and doesn't get home before they are in bed. He goes up the stairs and kisses them goodbye in the morning and goes back upstairs and kisses them goodnight when he gets home. They're asleep, but he does it anyway. It's just what you do.

Hopefully there will be some news tomorrow that either LE has found Zahra, or they have some idea where she is. My prayers for her that wherever she is, she is not in pain. :prayer:

Have a good night everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member