NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on the fence as far as his level of involvement in (if any) in something as horrific as a murder. But, I'm wondering if perhaps EB convinced AB to participate in some sort of scam against the boss. Maybe the guy was kind of a jerk/overly demanding of AB, etc etc, so he willingly went along ["Who's in control now?" etc etc]. Again, I still think AB is not that sharp, is rather impressionable, lacking in social skills, etc. etc. etc. EB could have easily convinced him that they were just scamming Mr C. for money, ("look how much he overworks you, and he probably owes you some anyway..."). She could have told him she was just "hiding" poor Zahra until the whole fake kidnapping was over. There's still so much I don't understand, but I think it would explain to me why he seemed so weird and rehearsed in that call, has seemingly changed his story, etc. Maybe he was just nervously following some script his wife gave him ["don't say anything about Zahra, we need to get Mr C scared enough to give us some money"] and really didn't know about the horrific things his wife had already done.

I feel like if he any involvement in the planning, execution, even coverup, EB would already be pointing the finger. There's no way she'd be willing to sit in jail taking the heat while he roamed free! Unless cops think she'll eventually crack if he stays out of jail for longer?

That's very interesting. He does look easily 'played for a fool'. I think anything is possible with these two. I think she would be pointing at him and trying to incriminate him, too, by this point.

Maybe one of you wonderful people with dog knowledge could answer this for me? It's been on my mind..

Would LE be able to use the scent dogs to tell them whether Z was ever on the new mattress? If so how would they do that, would they put them in the room the with bed and see if they alerted to the bed for her scent? Or would there be another way?

I think that would be the only way to know if Zahra ever slept on the new bed. Which would give them more of a timeline of when she was no longer around the house.

While reading the news about the search on mattress I remembered some photos taken by a poster. I am a newbie, so I do not remember who it was, but fortunately I found the picture which was posted in previous threads. It is taken in the woods in front of Zahra's trailer. There is a white thing in the woods, and the author says that it is a mattress and bed springs.
Please tell me what do you think about it?
100_1073.jpg

:waitasec:
Edit to add
It seems that I have blown the margins : ((
Also I just saw the date on the picture which is not corresponding, but I am almost sure that the poster said that the pictures were taken after Zahra went missing.
If I made any mistake, I ask mods to please fix it!

While reading the news about the search on mattress I remembered some photos taken by a poster. I am a newbie, so I do not remember who it was, but fortunately I found the picture which was posted in previous threads. It is taken in the woods in front of Zahra's trailer. There is a white thing in the woods, and the author says that it is a mattress and bed springs.
100_1073.jpg

Good catch -- I wonder if that manhole cover in the foreground is the "other" manhole neighbors in the trailer park said they thought should be checked (the manhole down in the "hollar")?

100_1073.jpg

:eek:

Zahra's sweet smile and energetic, beautiful spirit has really hooked me in, once again. I have been following the Caylee case, and swore to myself I could not get emotionally captured by another sad story..it is so hard. But here I am. I have lurked and read this thread from day 1..but have avoided posting. It is just so sad. I wish she could have been my daughter. I would have loved her up. I need to say.. in my evaluation of the known information..AB is equally guilty as EB. He is lucky by default to be still walking the streets. He is equally involved, IMO.

100_1073.jpg

Edit to add
Also I just saw the date on the picture which is not corresponding, but I am almost sure that the poster said that the pictures were taken after Zahra went missing.

I think I remember this member. Isn't she the one who went down to the water late one night to make pictures? If so, I think all of her pictures had the '07 stamp on them. Wow.

Edit to add

Not to worry about the date ... it was on all the photos she took that day. Maybe this person needs to call the local police and see if they checked that out.

Good catch -- I wonder if that manhole cover in the foreground is the "other" manhole neighbors in the trailer park said they thought should be checked (the manhole down in the "hollar")?

Yes, that looks like a boxspring to me up there. It's so obvious, though, wouldn't the police have been called on this as soon as someone saw it?

Manholes --- interesting. Reminds me of the mines where Susan Powell probably is. Does anyone know how deep these manholes go down? Maybe the leg is even down one of them!

I can't remember her username, but her avatar is a candle

Such a good catch xheraldina! Nice job. Even if it's already been checked, you have a great eye. :thumb:

NCmom or KCsmom or something like that I thought was the username of the local

Maybe they found this box spring here and that's what led them to the landfill they searched?

Maybe that's her boxspring and LE did find it and and figured the mattress ended up in a dumpster? :waitasec:

When did she take those pics?

Who cares about the margins! Great catch!! I remember when that poster posted these. She had gone out and took the photos and uploaded them that day/night. This may be important. I bet LE would be interested!

ETA I think the posters name began with a K

tried to go back and look at my old posts because when she left to go take the photos I asked her to be safe, but those posts are gone now, replaced with more recent ones :( sorry

I'm still on the fence as far as his level of involvement in (if any) in something as horrific as a murder. But, I'm wondering if perhaps EB convinced AB to participate in some sort of scam against the boss.

[respectfully, snipped for space]

She could have told him she was just "hiding" poor Zahra until the whole fake kidnapping was over. There's still so much I don't understand, but I think it would explain to me why he seemed so weird and rehearsed in that call, has seemingly changed his story, etc. Maybe he was just nervously following some script his wife gave him ["don't say anything about Zahra, we need to get Mr C scared enough to give us some money"] and really didn't know about the horrific things his wife had already done.

I feel like if he any involvement in the planning, execution, even coverup, EB would already be pointing the finger. There's no way she'd be willing to sit in jail taking the heat while he roamed free! Unless cops think she'll eventually crack if he stays out of jail for longer?

April,

I think you are making some valid points here.

I tend to think AB had some level of complicity, but not necessarily to the degree of helping dispose of Zahra's body - or even the mattress.

There is always the possibility that someone else close to EB may have (wittingly or unwittingly) assisted her with those things.

I think the decomp alert on the Tahoe could point to the possibility the Tahoe was used to haul away the old mattress.. but, it doesn't necessarily mean AB would have been the one driving it. Could have been EB and/or someone else using the vehicle, for all we know.

I know there was a media article linked earlier implying "the parents" had disposed of a mattress.. but I'm taking that with a grain of salt unless/until LE leaks evidence pointing directly to AB's involvement in dumping the mattress (e.g. spotted by witness, surveillance video).

:twocents:

I wonder if they are still there??

Fox News is reporting that a mattress has been found in the landfill and that it belongs to Zahra and it was thrown away just days before she was reported missing. Sorry, don't know how to post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member