NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were any of the investigators present to witness it when EB ran out of the house screaming that Zahra is gone? Or was it just AB saying that's what she did?

I'm asking because I read some old threads to catch up and came across speculations about why the Bakers didn't "discover" Zahra missing when the firemen were there and found the ransom note.

Some possible reasons include that they chickened out or realized they still have to destroy some evidence or thought it would be better to give the nonexistent "kidnappers" more headway before anyone gives chase.

But this 911 call gives me pause and makes me wonder if they coud have thought that they might induce the boss to give them some money. Maybe not a million but enough to skip town. The note said no cops so they might have used that to try to convince the boss that they needed to handle it low-key.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13351620

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

What do you think AB meant to say in the red part? He told me to do what? Do the right thing and call the cops ASAP to file a missing person's report? I find it odd that after having his wife run out of the house in panic telling him his daughter is missing he calls his boss before calling 911 but it might make sense if they wanted to try their luck getting ransom money from him.

But I suppose it wouldn't have worked if EB already alerted the fire investigators to the missing child before AB called his boss.

It's a Very Important Ransom Note. It's interesting that when he launches into "like I said it was all addressed to him" it's a response to the dispatcher's vague query "you don't have any idea at all" which could mean a lot of things. They had been talking about Zahra and her leg prior to this and he could have thought about if he has any idea where Zahra could have gone or been taken to or why they took her leg but he totally wants to make a point about the ransom note and the mistaken identity scenario.

Which is really stupid if you think about it. You'd have to have really stoopid criminals if they didn't scout the other girl before abducting her to find out where she lives, what she looks like and if there is anything special about her, and their brain wasn't switched on when noticing that Zahra is missing a leg that the other girl isn't (I assume anyway). They must have noticed since they took the prosthesis.

So if that's a new mattress on her bed which they removed from the home will they be able to confirm she ever even slept on it? I assume they will be able to do that. That's going to be a major piece of information IMO.

How do they know about this mattress that AB and EB got rid of? Did someone see them driving around with an old mattress?

Also.....Here's another bothersome thing....Why would these 2 care to get Z a new mattress for her comfort when they cared nothing about her walking around on a prosthesis that she must have undoubtedly outgrew? That must have been infinitely more painful than sleeping on an old mattress for a kid.

Crime Stoppers groups have combined to offer a reward of of to $4,000 for information about the disappearance of a Hickory girl reported missing from her home Oct. 9.Hickory police and agents with the state and federal bureaus of investigation searched a landfill in Caldwell County this week for a mattress that belonged to the girl.
Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said investigators knew the mattress had been discarded before Zahra was reported missing, and they hoped to use any evidence it might hold to confirm interviews, reinforce the timeline of her disappearance and gather DNA.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8497546/

Were any of the investigators present to witness it when EB ran out of the house screaming that Zahra is gone? Or was it just AB saying that's what she did?

I'm asking because I read some old threads to catch up and came across speculations about why the Bakers didn't "discover" Zahra missing when the firemen were there and found the ransom note.

Some possible reasons include that they chickened out or realized they still have to destroy some evidence or thought it would be better to give the nonexistent "kidnappers" more headway before anyone gives chase.

But this 911 call gives me pause and makes me wonder if they coud have thought that they might induce the boss to give them some money. Maybe not a million but enough to skip town. The note said no cops so they might have used that to try to convince the boss that they needed to handle it low-key.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13351620

What do you think AB meant to say in the red part? He told me to do what? Do the right thing and call the cops ASAP to file a missing person's report? I find it odd that after having his wife run out of the house in panic telling him his daughter is missing he calls his boss before calling 911 but it might make sense if they wanted to try their luck getting ransom money from him.

But I suppose it wouldn't have worked if EB already alerted the fire investigators to the missing child before AB called his boss.

It's a Very Important Ransom Note. It's interesting that when he launches into "like I said it was all addressed to him" it's a response to the dispatcher's vague query "you don't have any idea at all" which could mean a lot of things. They had been talking about Zahra and her leg prior to this and he could have thought about if he has any idea where Zahra could have gone or been taken to or why they took her leg but he totally wants to make a point about the ransom note and the mistaken identity scenario.

Which is really stupid if you think about it. You'd have to have really stoopid criminals if they didn't scout the other girl before abducting her to find out where she lives, what she looks like and if there is anything special about her, and their brain wasn't switched on when noticing that Zahra is missing a leg that the other girl isn't (I assume anyway). They must have noticed since they took the prosthesis.

I always thought he was going to say "he told me to do a missing person report"

My question is this... If EB confessed to having written the "fake" ransom note, how is it she{or better yet her atty}ever explain away this fact?.. The only way this could not completely and totally implicate her in the ACTUAL murder would be if her atty has the confession thrown out.. Which I'm assuming as soon as charges are filed that would be the very first motion filed by the defense..to have it thrown out[am crossing my fingers that LE did completely "by the book"]therefor not a chance hell of it being thrown out...

But ok, in terms of us just trying to figure our the course of events vs. actual trial.. So, we know that EB wrote this fake ransom note..If Z was NOT "disappeared"[murdered] then there would be no reason for such a note..So IMO that directly=EB's direct involvement.[Lemme add here that IF it were such that AB had killed Z I do not believe under any circumstance that EB would "take the fall" for her beloved husband, rather she would throw him under the bus, FAST AND FURIOUS]..

THIS Woman IMO is out FOR ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IN THIS LIFE EXCEPT FOR HERSELF!!!! NOT for her bio-kids, bio-gkids, certainly NOT FOR HER STEP CHILD, and NOT FOR her 3rd hubby of only a year[as of this past July]...NO WAY, NO HOW IMO do any of these ppl matter to EB, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS CONCERNING FACING A DP CHARGE OF MURDERING A CHILD!!

It is for those very reasons that I question a direct involvement of AB in the murder of Z... I do not find it possible that he was clueless to all that went down in and around the murder, disposal, and cover up, but I do believe he was not directly involved in the murder.. IMO if he were then I believe she would already be spilling the beans telling the entire story with Adams part and involvement ONLY of course, her part left out.. Him forcing her to have helped and aided in it all...

Thats not happening and am thinking that main reason is that when it occured that AB possibly was not even present or at home and has a rock solid alibi for the time the murder occured, and she knows this therefor thus far she has not come up with a way to throw this off on AB...

He HAS TO BE INVOLVED THO, YOU GUYS!! I just cannot see a way in which he could not be involved...Am still pondering over when he actually entered the pic and what all he was directly involved with AND WHY?WHY?WHY?

SOME OTHER IMPORTANT QUESTIONS that I have are what the hell about the boss and his daughter who came over to the Bakers at 5a.m. when the fire and ransom note were discovered[AB references it in his 911 call saying boss came&brought his daughter, therefor they knew she was safe and not taken]...So boss is there in the home w/his daughter and they are discussing the ransom note and filing a report with LE[again refernced by AB in 911 call saying it was Officer Rowland that handled it]...ok, so NO ONE AT THIS TIME ever ever mentioned the fact that this ransom note stating they'd taken boss daughter that is "mistakenly" left at Baker's home and realized Boss daughter is alive and well and in their presence, it was never mentioned that along with the mix up of putting the note at the wrong home stating they'd taken "girl" to ever check to see if possibly since "they" had mistaken the baker home that quite possible too "they"[the imaginary knappers] mistook Z as the Boss's daughter...NO ONE EVEN ONCE HAD THIS THOUGHT CROSS THEIR MIND and bring this up, NO ONE! OBVIOUSLY NOT EB[she knew Z was dead, this to me says that AB was already "involved" at this point as did not mention to check onZ]... But why in the hell wouldn't the boss or the LE mention to go check on the daughter that was in the home that the ransom note had been left at...

Possibly it was brought up by boss or LE and AB and EB said oh yes we have already checked in on Z and she is safe and sound in her bed... This would be easy for LE to already know the answers to these questions...In questioning the boss or Offc. Rowland if either or both told LE that this was brought up and AB and EB assured them that they'd just checked on Z and she was a-okay...Then that already blows AB and EBs timeline..Boss and LE[during fire] were there after 5 am of the 9th..therefor if they told either of them theyd checked on their daughter to ensure her safety, they are TOTALLY 100% IMPLICATED...as I said this is something LE already knows and has the answer to and if it is as I just stated, only a matter of time that AB is arrested as well..

Does that make sense??? Am I not correct in assuming that someone that was at that home after 5a.m. for the fire had to have mentioned checking on Z for the obvious reasons I stated 2 paragraphs up... Alot to ponder...But I'd say LE does have allot we have no clue of and also if the above is true there has got to be some strategy and/or main reason that LE is letting AB continue to be a free man, for now...

{sorry for the original screwed up post..I was copy/pasting my post from last night..when I was still on a T.O. from here..lol}Its fixed now..

One thing that continues to bother me. The minute EB admitted to writing that ransom note she sealed her fate as being responsible for whatever happened to Z. So why would she admit to this? Why would she do it and then lawyer up? Why not lawyer up first.
If they did something with Z that did not involve her demise it would also explain why AB was so unemotional about reporting her missing. Maybe when EB confessed to writing the note she didn't think it would end up being a murder charge.
There are so many things that don't sit right with me in this case. Why isn't LE telling us anything? Why isn't AB on the tv every chance he gets sobbing and begging for his daughter's safe return (whether he's involved or not)?

Mulling over the possible scenarios in my mind...perhaps ZB died from an overdose of painkillers. There's been speculation that EB was addicted to them, perhaps she gave Zahra too many and the girl died. Either EB alone, or with the help of AB or other unknown person(s), disposed of the body, and concocted the kidnapping story, etc.

Sheer speculation on my part. The whole case and the details on EB's background and the various family relationships has my head spinning.

One thing that continues to bother me. The minute EB admitted to writing that ransom note she sealed her fate as being responsible for whatever happened to Z. So why would she admit to this? Why would she do it and then lawyer up? Why not lawyer up first.
If they did something with Z that did not involve her demise it would also explain why AB was so unemotional about reporting her missing. Maybe when EB confessed to writing the note she didn't think it would end up being a murder charge.
There are so many things that don't sit right with me in this case. Why isn't LE telling us anything? Why isn't AB on the tv every chance he gets sobbing and begging for his daughter's safe return (whether he's involved or not)?

She might have been confronted with evidence from the letter that she couldn't deny.

I think AB sobbing on tv begging for Zahra's safe return would be largely pointless since this has been a homicide investigation from quite early on so there must be something that says her safe return is very unlikely without a miracle happening. If he's guilty or complicit it could just help convict him if he failed to be convincing and slipped something or the jury pool got annoyed with his crocodile tears.

If LE were told during interviews that the mattress was disposed of in early October, could it have been AB that told them that during the home search last Friday? Why didn't they check the landfill for the county that they are presently living in? Did they put this information together with the supposed late night sighting of them in the old trailer park and decide to check the landfill for that county instead?

MOO

How do they know about this mattress that AB and EB got rid of? Did someone see them driving around with an old mattress?

...the Chief says it came about through their investigation..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-bake...nce-north-carolina-landfill/story?id=11926357

"Adkins said that information gleaned from several interviews led the police to the landfill where they could be searching for days." Adkins would not disclose what the piece of evidence was...."

...at the time of that article he was not disclosing that it was a mattress they were searching for, now we know it was.

AB may have been depressed and/or abused. I don't know. However, I can't consider him involved just after the fact. He's Zahra's father. If he didn't know what was going on in that home and about EB's behavior towards Zahra ... he should have known. It was his duty as her father to know. Regardless of his level of involvement and when he became involved, I still believe he has a great deal of the responsibility here.

Just a question, if the genders were reversed and EB was the biological mother and AB was the stepfather, would you still be willing to give the biological parent just as much slack? Honestly, I'm simply curious. It's not a judgement.

None of us know the answers yet to exactly who was involved in what & when. I'm speculating just like everyone else. It's just my opinion. I respect everyone's opinion here because I could very well be wrong.

If I've said something out of line, please flag for removal. Sorry for rambling, this case just has me very upset.

Just a question, if the genders were reversed and EB was the biological mother and AB was the stepfather, would you still be willing to give the biological parent just as much slack? Honestly, I'm simply curious. It's not a judgement.

As a mother of two beautiful children, I admittedly have a hard time accepting that any biological parent could kill their child in cold blood. I am one of the rare ones (I think) that believes Caylee Anthony died "accidentally", as a result of neglect, not premeditation. I know this is because my feelings cloud my judgement. I do know it happens, I just have a hard time accepting it. Can't wrap my brain around it. I would probably be blaming AB if he was not Zahra's bio-father. Although, EB just looks evil. Evil evil.

AB may have been depressed and/or abused. I don't know. However, I can't consider him involved just after the fact. He's Zahra's father. If he didn't know what was going on in that home and about EB's behavior towards Zahra ... he should have known. It was his duty as her father to know. Regardless of his level of involvement and when he became involved, I still believe he has a great deal of the responsibility here.

None of us know the answers yet to exactly who was involved in what & when. I'm speculating just like everyone else. It's just my opinion. I respect everyone's opinion here because I could very well be wrong.

If I've said something out of line, please flag for removal. Sorry for rambling, this case just has me very upset.

Hi Mandy... No you're not offending me with questioning a difference of opionion.:)... I am NOT sympathetic to AB... I realize in reading my posts that it may very well come across that way...And that's why I did reiterate that I am not excusing his behavior and that if he been a "daddy" to Z then Z would not be dead...

At this time[and that very well may change with new info coming to light] but at this time I think its possible that AB entered the pic after the fact[am still pondering when he entered]... BUT IMO NO WAY IN HELL THIS MAN IS NOT INVOLVED... and I feel he will eventually be arrested and charged as well..[as in my last post I said that LE must have a strategy and reason for letting him be free at this time]...

So, it is not that I am giving this man slack, rather just explaining how I feel that EB prayed upon "his type" from way back to their having me on IMVU site.. I do believe there is straight up evil in this woman and I believe that AB was just another pawn used in her life..Tho, that still does not mean I have sympathy for, nor excuse in any way his lack of not being a present father to Z... SHE WOULD STILL BE HERE IF HE HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IT IS UNEXCUSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IMO HE SHOULD ALSO BE CHARGED AND CONVICTED FOR WHATEVER HIS ROLE IN HIS DAUGHTER'S DEATH IS...

Mulling over the possible scenarios in my mind...perhaps ZB died from an overdose of painkillers. There's been speculation that EB was addicted to them, perhaps she gave Zahra too many and the girl died. Either EB alone, or with the help of AB or other unknown person(s), disposed of the body, and concocted the kidnapping story, etc.

Sheer speculation on my part. The whole case and the details on EB's background and the various family relationships has my head spinning.

I don't know. Drug addicts aren't known for giving anyone else THEIR drugs. They are addicted to each pill. They don't give anyone any easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico