NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I don't think that AB is this mellow and laid back guy. As reported by other neighbors - AB and EB would have violent screaming matches outside and inside their home. This and the threats that he had been charged with show EB has the propensity for voilence. No matter how you break this down, I dont see him as some devoted dad by any stretch of the imagination.

JMO

when you need help from a mod even on your own post, just hit red triangle....alert button!

As a mother of two beautiful children, I admittedly have a hard time accepting that any biological parent could kill their child in cold blood. I am one of the rare ones (I think) that believes Caylee Anthony died "accidentally", as a result of neglect, not premeditation. I know this is because my feelings cloud my judgement. I do know it happens, I just have a hard time accepting it. Can't wrap my brain around it. I would probably be blaming AB if he was not Zahra's bio-father. Although, EB just looks evil. Evil evil.

Hi, at this point with all the unknown quantity about this case I think it is valid to ask. These threads are moving so fast and having difficulty reading them all I will answer the best I can.

Based on the information that I have read and seen I don't think it would change how I see this case. The unfortunate reality is that bio mothers do kill their children also and treat them horribly. So for me EB is definitely behind whatever has happened to Z.

As far as the father goes I just don't know there are many ways this could be explained:

He lost his compassion and relationship with Z over time.

He was totally manipulated by EB and was naive as to what was going on.

He was out working long hours and never saw anything going on and Z was generally in bed.

As his mother was the main care giver he let EB be also and just did not interfere.

He may have been also abused into submission so he would not lose EB and therefore let the behaviour go.

There are men out there who would put up with anything so as not to lose their partner and unfortunately others pay the price.

I do wish that we new more to help determine if he was involved or not.

Remember there is a difference between naivety and intelligence. A person can be intelligent but be naive, often due to a lack of exposure to, in this case evil.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Hmmmm the caption says it pictures a mattress and springs...

Bumping up for added info ...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5677780&postcount=246"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 #3[/ame]

The mattress belonging to the missing girl, Zahra Clare Baker, had been thrown out by her parents days before her father reported her missing Oct. 9, police said.

okay now AB tell the truth about why you threw out mattress!
If Zahra died an that mattress, I pray LE arrests AB also!
HE KNEW! IMO

How do they know about this mattress that AB and EB got rid of? Did someone see them driving around with an old mattress?

I would imagine that a 10 year old girl would tell everyone if she got a new bed and bedspread. (Not that we know they actually bought her any nice bedding!)

hmmm...

Police complete search for mattress in case of missing Hickory girl
Dozens of law enforcement officers from various agencies descended on the landfill earlier this week and were seen pulling mattresses out it on Thursday. On Wednesday, police said that they were combing the landfill for a "key piece of evidence."
Friday, they elaborated on the evidence that they had searched for.
"The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by Zahra's parents sometime during early October, days before Zahra was reported missing," a press release from Hickory Police said.
Police said that they hoped to "use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation." They also said that the mattress would be used to reinforce the timeline of Zahra's disappearance.
Lastly, police said they hoped the mattress -- in the landfill for at least 2 weeks now -- could provide some DNA evidence.
More...

Search ends for evidence at landfill related to disappearance of Zahra Baker
Investigators have wrapped up their search for evidence at a Caldwell County landfill.
Officials called of the search around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
Hickory Police say they were looking for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime during early October.
Police say they never recovered that mattress.
More...

Landfill search comes up empty in Zahra case
A team of investigators did not find the mattress they were looking for in a Caldwell County landfill, police said in a release late Friday afternoon. They were searching for evidence related to the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.
More...

BBM

Awesome, they found the mattress.:woohoo:

That is a huge piece of evidence I bet. I wonder why they threw it away right around the time she went missing? So many reasons to do that I suppose.

Also.....Here's another bothersome thing....Why would these 2 care to get Z a new mattress for her comfort when they cared nothing about her walking around on a prosthesis that she must have undoubtedly outgrew? That must have been infinitely more painful than sleeping on an old mattress for a kid.

Has there been some news that she was wearing a 2 year old prothsesis? I have not heard that!!

Wow!

Huge applause for the men and women who worked through all of that garbage to find this key piece of evidence!

Awesome work!

...just got back from dinner, we sat behind a big group of hearing impaired people..seeing them happy and signing, and some w/ aids made me think of Zahra :(

i just had to hug my daughter a bit too tight in the middle of dinner.....

Has there been some news that she was wearing a 2 year old prothsesis? I have not heard that!!

I believe there was speculation about this on these threads that Z probably hadn't been taken to the doctor to get her prosthesis adjusted since she came to the US. Someone here said that children need to have it adjusted about ever 6 months or so to accommodate their growth -- plus the foot part needs to also be larger along with the other real foot. And with Frick and Frack so into their own needs......we were wondering if they were keeping up on that -- most likely NOT.

Strange. :waitasec: Fox is reporting they DID find a mattress, but all the other articles I have been reading say:

So which one is it?

Fox has been known to get things WRONG, but I still hope they somehow found the mattress somewhere.

Strange. :waitasec: Fox is reporting they DID find a mattress, but all the other articles I have been reading say:

So which one is it?

Fox misreported something wrong the other day too. I believe they reported wrong and misread the press release.

They are the only station reporting the mattress to be found.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-bake...continue-sifting-through-trash-105532123.html

"Posted on October 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Updated today at 6:41 PM

Hickory Police say they were looking for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime during early October.

Police say they never recovered that mattress."

...and yet another conflicting media report. Hopefully LE will make an official announcement one way or the other to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member