NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think of any reason under the sun that they would have needed to replace her mattress if something horrendous hadn't happened to Zahra in her bed :-(

Mattresses break down and wear out and have to be replaced. It could have been a used mattress to start with... I'm sure AB didn't bring any household furnishings with him from Australia and EB may not have had sufficient furnishings to accommodate a child.
There are many reasons to replace a mattress, not all of them sinister.
No offense and not being snarky, just stating reasons.

It didn't seem like a good time to get all parental and get Zahra a new mattress out of loving concern of any kind. No, something bad must have been on the old mattress, IMO.

The glove LE found that was supposely gooey would be sent for testing.
What do we know about the glove that's a fact?
Was the glove the reason this became a homicide case?

Whose glove was it? The glove would have to contain Zahra's DNA and blood for it to be tied to the crime scene. So, I'm starting to get more interested in this glove.

Mattresses break down and wear out and have to be replaced. It could have been a used mattress to start with... I'm sure AB didn't bring any household furnishings with him from Australia and EB may not have had sufficient furnishings to accommodate a child.
There are many reasons to replace a mattress, not all of them sinister.
No offense and not being snarky, just stating reasons.

But in this case LE wouldn't have spent days at the landfill and searching elsewhere if they didn't believe the mattress is important to the investigation. And ironically it seems to have been disposed of just days before Zahra was reported 'missing'. MOO

It didn't seem like a good time to get all parental and get Zahra a new mattress out of loving concern of any kind. No, something bad must have been on the old mattress, IMO.

The glove LE found that was supposely gooey would be sent for testing.
What do we know about the glove that's a fact?
Was the glove the reason this became a homicide case?

Whose glove was it? The glove would have to contain Zahra's DNA and blood for it to be tied to the crime scene. So, I'm starting to get more interested in this glove.

PLEASE not another case where a glove will be a key piece of evidence! :banghead:

has any onre heard anything about the gooy glove the neighbor found in the back yard
by the wood pile?
also LE acted so sure that Zahra's little body would NOT be in landfill......why???
Can we believe that taking the wood chipper apart piece by piece did not turn out to be evidence???
Stories come in both positive and negative throughout this investigation, throwing us all off.

I sure do agree with you. Information comes then fades as though it wasn't that important leaving me confused on this case. However, I have a strong confidence that LE knows what they're doing this time.

Do you know anything more about the glove?

JMO but if LE had a solid case against AB dont you think he would have been jailed by now? As much time as they have spent with him if he were guilty of anything major they would have him in custody by now. Wouldnt they? I just cant think of a good reason to have someone they know is guilty of murder or covering for a murder to still be on the street. I would think if your horrible enough to help kill or conseal your own childs murder you would be a threat to the community and I dont see LE taking that chance. If he were that hennous to kill his own child wouldnt they be thinking nothing else would stop him from doing it again ? JMO

Can't think of any reason under the sun that EB would have written a ransom note if Zahra was kidnapped.

Maybe she was going to try to con money from her husband's employer.

Beyond that, I don't know if she confessed to writing that note or not. At first, it looked like that to me in news articles, but it appears to me that some backtracking on the part of LE may be ongoing in the later articles.

Just concerned about another child being missing and Hickory LE reminds me all too much of Satsuma LE. Still distraught over Haleigh. And now, Zahra as well.

Yes, I urge anybody committing a crime to keep better track of your gloves next time.

Does that glove have anything to do with what happened to Zahra? Who put on gloves to either commit a murder or dispose of a body? Did they pack a car full of incriminating evidence, but the glove fell out? How could they be so careless as to lose a glove?

Sorry, just thinking.

But in this case LE wouldn't have spent days at the landfill and searching elsewhere if they didn't believe the mattress is important to the investigation. And ironically it seems to have been disposed of just days before Zahra was reported 'missing'. MOO

As you can tell from my other posts, LE in this case is just not giving me a good feeling about their capabilities.

IMO, they need to get Texas Equusearch (sp) there and start all over. I can't stand the thought of that little girl being kidnapped and the kidnappers feeling they have gotten away with it because of maybe a "rush to judgement" concerning the stepmom and father.

Maybe she was going to try to con money from her husband's employer.

Beyond that, I don't know if she confessed to writing that note or not. At first, it looked like that to me in news articles, but it appears to me that some backtracking on the part of LE may be ongoing in the later articles.

Just concerned about another child being missing and Hickory LE reminds me all too much of Satsuma LE. Still distraught over Haleigh. And now, Zahra as well.

I know how you feel with all these missing children it can get to you. I think EB did write the ransom note and LE has much more evidence in this case. IMO, they're on the right track to nailing that person(s).

Maybe she planned the kidnapping in order to get $$ in some way and it failed miserably. Of course again, JMO.

I'll tell you why I can't buy into that theory fwiw :)..

Because I can't imagine even the dumbest of kidnappers would leave a ransom note on a vehicle at the aforementioned kidnappers own house, (even though, we know it was legally the bosses vehicle and house) then apparently make NO attempt (that we have any reason to believe) to follow through w/said kidnapping, only to call the police HERSELF to report the fire @ which time the ransom note was found, not burned itself since the vehicle was not burned, but doused w/gasoline...which IMO would give ample opportunity to EB or AB for that matter to remove the note, IF an attempt to kidnap had been made and failed..all before LE or the fire dept. got there this woman would have grabbed that note before anyone else arrived, IF her kidnapping plan had gone awry... jmo...Besides, who in the world would leave a ransom note before they had their intended victim? EB is evil and cunning, but she's not stupid imo..

I don't believe a kidnapping was ever in the works, I honestly think that they EB or possibly EB and AB thought that LE would ask about any children in their house being ok...prompting the *discovery* of Zahra being taken by 'mistake' and that didn't happen or she/they could have planned on bringing up 'checking on Zahra' during that initial period and for some reason chickened out, opportunity didn't seem right..whatever and the 2nd call had to be made...all JMHO...

As you can tell from my other posts, LE in this case is just not giving me a good feeling about their capabilities.

IMO, they need to get Texas Equusearch (sp) there and start all over. I can't stand the thought of that little girl being kidnapped and the kidnappers feeling they have gotten away with it because of maybe a "rush to judgement" concerning the stepmom and father.

I agree they need to search more.

I donate whenever I am able.

Why do you feel this was a "rush to judgement"? I'm not sure I understand why you think Zahra was kidnapped by someone. Judging from everything I've seen reported it doesn't seem like a kidnapping. Whatever happened to Zahra has alot to do with EB, and maybe AB, IMO.

I know how you feel with all these missing children it can get to you. I think EB did write the ransom note and LE has much more evidence in this case. IMO, they're on the right track to nailing that person(s).

For all we know LE has handwriting analysis, fingerprints..who knows what..I'd be willing to bet they have more than just her confession that she wrote it and the aren't going to tell us (the public) no matter how much we want to know, dang it!

Am sorry if this has already been discussed.. Haven't had time to completely catch up.. I feel as tho this phone call that took place by EB to one of her daughters the day before Z was reported missing IS HUUUUUUGGEE!!!!!!!

Is it correct that she made this call pleading for the daughter to drop the charges against EB, as the court date was sometime that very week? If this is infact correct, does anyone else think that this has HUGE potential of being a key piece of the reason Z is no longer here?

I'm off to sleuth a little more into this call...Anyone have any info off hand about it?...TIA

THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS CALL...
But there is another action taken by Elisa that may be very telling. Hinky reader george made an interesting observation yesterday about an alleged phone call Elisa made last Friday – just the day before Zahra was reported missing. Brittany Bentley, former wife of Elisa’s nephew, is one of the people who filed charges against Elisa Baker for communicating threats. Brittany Bentley claims that Elisa threatened to kill her, her baby and her husband, Zachary. In an interview given by Brittany earlier in the week she stated that on Friday Elisa Baker phoned her and asked her to drop the charges. Brittany refused. George’s question was this: Did this indicate that as early as Friday, Elisa was planning the phone call or other actions to report Zahra missing? Could this phone call at least indicate premeditation of the reporting of Zahra’s disappearance, not necessarily the murder? Could this phone call go toward tightening the timeline as to when Zahra actually “disappeared” (i.e. was murdered)?

www.thehinkymeter.com

This is EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS CALL... anyone else see the significance

Am sorry if this has already been discussed.. Haven't had time to completely catch up.. I feel as tho this phone call that took place by EB to one of her daughters the day before Z was reported missing IS HUUUUUUGGEE!!!!!!!

Is it correct that she made this call pleading for the daughter to drop the charges against EB, as the court date was sometime that very week? If this is infact correct, does anyone else think that this has HUGE potential of being a key piece of the reason Z is no longer here?

I'm off to sleuth a little more into this call...Anyone have any info off hand about it?...TIA

I tend to think the sequence is likely the other way around on this. I think Zahra was already deceased, prompting EB to make the call pleading for charges to be dropped - lest Z's disappearance be discovered via the court proceedings.

It wasn't her daughter who filed the charges (or whom EB called). It was her nephew's (separated) wife.

The charges for "communicating threats" are still pending, with an upcoming arraignment date of 11/18/10.

You can see the charges here in this spreadsheet:
http://www.wikiupload.com/2oZ0wfvo

Screenshots to back up the criminal records are here:

Part 1
http://www.wikiupload.com/G5LMklkF

Part 2
http://www.wikiupload.com/EHEzcJ6V

Part 3
http://www.wikiupload.com/SxO9WjsG

(Case #'s for year 2010 are in Part 2)

Ok, that made me think more about the fact that EB's daughter Amber said that EB had received $'s from the man in England the day before she was arrested..and that EB told her that she wanted to leave the state. IF, all that is true..did EB specifically ask for money at that particular time?..and if so when...3 days, 4 days, a week prior? Did she ask for it with a plan in mind to leave the state because Zahra was already *gone* at that point. LE has to know all that or at least in the process of finding out from any info that could be gleaned from her computer, right? IDK, trying to make sense of something...anything at this point..sigh..

Uumm,smoothoperator - In your signature.. "Nelly" from "Little House on the Prarie"?
The actress who played that part was an abused child,and was happy on set because no one was cruel there. Great little actress to make so many people hate her..

I'll tell you why I can't buy into that theory fwiw :)..

Because I can't imagine even the dumbest of kidnappers would leave a ransom note on a vehicle at the aforementioned kidnappers own house, (even though, we know it was legally the bosses vehicle and house) then apparently make NO attempt (that we have any reason to believe) to follow through w/said kidnapping, only to call the police HERSELF to report the fire @ which time the ransom note was found, not burned itself since the vehicle was not burned, but doused w/gasoline...which IMO would give ample opportunity to EB or AB for that matter to remove the note, IF an attempt to kidnap had been made and failed..all before LE or the fire dept. got there this woman would have grabbed that note before anyone else arrived, IF her kidnapping plan had gone awry... jmo...Besides, who in the world would leave a ransom note before they had their intended victim? EB is evil and cunning, but she's not stupid imo..

I don't believe a kidnapping was ever in the works, I honestly think that they EB or possibly EB and AB thought that LE would ask about any children in their house being ok...prompting the *discovery* of Zahra being taken by 'mistake' and that didn't happen or she/they could have planned on bringing up 'checking on Zahra' during that initial period and for some reason chickened out, opportunity didn't seem right..whatever and the 2nd call had to be made...all JMHO...

Hi pondering mind! Your above theory is the first that has really "fit" for me and made sense... This sounds plausible...

Z is dead[still not sure on when or how] but EB or AB or both come up with the theory you wrote above...Their intention was for the "discovery of Z's disappearance" was to happen from the very issuethat I questioned yesterday...That it would've had to been mentioned to check on the "girl" at whose house this ransom note was left["supposedly" mistaking the Bakers house for the Coffeys house]...and at that time it would be discovered that Z was "gone"...IMO this could've definitely worked to their advantage... SO NOW WHY IN THE HECK DID IT NOT FOLLOW THRU THAT WAY??? KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member