NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I without a doubt believe she killed Z, could have been an act of sudden rage, could have been involvement in online role playing. Could have been drugs. To me it doesn't matter except in the long run it will answer the WHY.

The husband knows in his heart she did it, but he also knows he was a contributing factor in their sordid lifestyle. Thus his lack of cooperation. He knew Z was being beaten yet did nothing. Again WHY?

Was he being dominated?

Was he working illegally?

Is he just a weak minded man that never stepped up and played sick games with his lover and forsake his daughters wellbeing?

Or is he involved and knows what happened?

Sometimes simplifying helps to refocus.

Yes on all of the above, and I still say, crystal meth was involved with both EB&ab. MOO, the changes over such a quick time frame will reveal this.MOO
I think EB admitted early on ,while still in the "high" of participating in the crime/commiting it, but, shes not going to let herself go down alone, remember with her, its everybodys fault (for her misery) not hers.
Shes not telling where the body is because she wants to prove that AB is also involved. KWIM?

NO ONE needs a criminal defense lawyer of that caliber for the reason shes in jail right now.

So what would make LE so soon label this a "homicide"?? You are correct the LE must have something "major"...any ideas on what that could be?,,,besides a body? because I wholeheartedly feel if they had her body at the very least there would already be AB behind bars and likely for them both to already have charges of murder...

*snipped

YES!! What could it be? What would be enough for them to say 'homicide' without it being a body? I have been racking my brain over this. Let's discuss!

If Zahra told her dad that she was injured by EB, then her dad would get mad, yes. Then I'm guessing that meant EB would hurt her worse, to insure she wouldn't tell the next time. At least that's how it works a lot of times.

I am not sure what to think anymore. But something that really gives me pause is the info one of our locals received from a source a few nights ago (that they were looking for a mattress and that there might be something sewn inside it). Lo and behold, turns out they really were looking for a mattress and were cutting the covers on them, too.

I wonder if they were doing so to check inside them as much as for "testing" purposes. Seems to me that a "test" to rule out any piece of fabric they'd cut as being from Zahra's mattress (or not) certainly did happen very quickly...too quickly, I think! (Unless they were just checking for blood/decomp in general, which I guess they can pretty much do presumptively on the spot; but seems DNA testing or some other specific-to-Zahra test would take longer, doesn't it?)

[B said:
YES!! What could it be? What would be enough for them to say 'homicide' without it being a body? I have been racking my brain over this let's discuss[/B]!

Enough forensic evidence in the house would be my guess. Luminol revealing large quantities of blood, demonstrating a brutal event took place?

or you have a dead body, but the condition is such that you cannot yet prove homicide?

Yes on all of the above, and I still say, crystal meth was involved with both EB&ab. MOO, the changes over such a quick time frame will reveal this.MOO
I think EB admitted early on ,while still in the "high" of participating in the crime/commiting it, but, shes not going to let herself go down alone, remember with her, its everybodys fault (for her misery) not hers.
Shes not telling where the body is because she wants to prove that AB is also involved. KWIM?

I see what you mean. So many drugs truly alter the mind. Nothing like the drugs of the 60s and 70s . Heroin even pales to the drugs today. The drugs today invoke violence and entitlement of such violence.

I tend to agree with you. She wont go down unless he goes with her. In her mind it will lessen her culpability. Not to mention, validate her mental state during their relationship.

Regarding the house....have LE taken 'possession' of it as a crime scene?

Not knowing his immigration status, but wonder if AB would be entitled to a Public Defender? Could this be a reason he's still out and about?

I am not sure what to think anymore. But something that really gives me pause is the info one of our locals received from a source a few nights ago (that they were looking for a mattress and that there might be something sewn inside it). Lo and behold, turns out they really were looking for a mattress and were cutting the covers on them, too.

I studied that mattress as they drug it away from the landfill. It looked like it had been cut at the top b/c I saw a large hole. It also looked, I swear, like the silhouette of a body was once inside it! And they mashed down as if they were thought something could have been inside! Did they ever determine if this mattress was related to the ZB case?

or you have a dead body, but the condition is such that you cannot yet prove homicide?

Or you have a *random*body but the condition is such you can't identify WHO'S body it is just yet.. pending DNA?

I think LE knows they won't find a body, and that's why they said they're not looking for her in the landfill "at this time." The cadaver dogs have told them all they need to know about that for now, and also the dogs have indicated that this is clearly a homicide. :(

jmo

Wonder if LE already has the artificial leg and needed the serial number from AU to
confirm it is Zahra's.
I sorta feel little Zahra had a diary of sorts.
At that age children love to write and draw.
Did some family member give her a tablet?
Maybe the evidence is what last day did she write in it to give LE a timeline??

Mrs. G -- seems like more than one of our locals have mentioned driving by and there being no crime scene tape or LE presence apparent. So it makes me wonder. Did they already scour it and realize there was no trace of Zahra ever in that home and so released it?

Do they have LE watching it at a distance or perhaps with a remote camera or such to see if anyone comes in and what they might do while there? I really have no clue, but it is kind of odd that it was seemingly cleared so quickly (or at least that there isn't tape/LE presence).

snipped

YES!! What could it be? What would be enough for them to say 'homicide' without it being a body? I have been racking my brain over this let's discuss!

Well, let's see Mrs. G....the things that have crossed my mind are.. that LE has found DNA on the items taken from the home...such as the bedrails, the headboard, etc.. and that as has been discussed that suspiciously the "new" mattress in Zahras room had no DNA from Z..meaning she never had even slept in it..Thus leading them to the important search for the "original" mattress which LE feel will have a significant amount of blood/DNA of Zs on it...

I have also thought that possibly they already do have the prosthetic leg[also possibly with traces of blood,,of course am just guessing here].. but possibly thats why they ask for the serial #, etc for Zs leg because they've already found it...

Something is telling me that LE is thinking they will not recover her body...I cannot explain exactly why I believe this but I do...I mean they were adamant about that they were not looking for a body in that landfill..why not? why would they not believe that possibly her body was in that landfill? unless they already knew exactly what had become of her body,,,kwim???

as I said am only guessing here, but at this point thats all we can do...

I studied that mattress as they drug it away from the landfill. It looked like it had been cut at the top b/c I saw a large hole. It also looked, I swear, like the silhouette of a body was once inside it! And they mashed down as if they were thought something could have been inside! Did they ever determine if this mattress was related to the ZB case?

I think the official word was that Zahra's old mattress was not found in the landfill. But from there, at one least one news source (and I do not remember which) said her mattress had been found elsewhere. So far as I know, though, no other media reported that. So who knows.

Mrs. G respectably, I always look to your posts to get updated news. So if you don't know I Surely don't know:angel:

Mrs. G -- seems like more than one of our locals have mentioned driving by and there being no crime scene tape or LE presence apparent. So it makes me wonder. Did they already scour it and realize there was no trace of Zahra ever in that home and so released it?

Do they have LE watching it at a distance or perhaps with a remote camera or such to see if anyone comes in and what they might do while there? I really have no clue, but it is kind of odd that it was seemingly cleared so quickly (or at least that there isn't tape/LE presence).

I agree, I think it's unusual they they would not have secured the home, and they seem so sure that it wont be important... But then I guess they didn't do that with Scott and Laci's home did they? It does make me think that nothing significant was found in the home that hasn't already been removed (like the new bed which they took possession of). Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966