NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was arrested at the airport like the initial reports said then he was there for one of 3 obvious reasons

1. to fly out

2. to pick up someone (who does he know that may want to come be with him? Most likely his Mom)

3. He lives at the airpoirt and that would be the reason for the confusion as to whether he was arrested at home or not. LOL

Why else does one go to the airport? Zahra was close to her grandmother in Oz by all accounts. It would be perfectly acceptable to think she may be flying in..even if it was by LE's hand. They may think that good 'ole Mum can get the truth.
It's also just as possible that he was fleeing.

Tracking as best I can at work... THANK YOU to all WSers here and overseas who are keeping us up to date and scooping the MSM--with more accuracy I might add! We never get ourselves tangled up so much as when we quote the media it seems...

And my heart is going out to LE in NC today. They are working so hard for Zahra; may they keep their strength, focus and resolve.

(PS--And hi to our 56 guests. We see you and hope you join WS and share your insights and questions and comments!)

AB mugshot .......he looks shaven, relaxed, rested and not like a grieving dad out looking for his daughter.
Wife in jail, no home, no job............
He hasn't lost weight, no dark circles under eyes.
Actually he looks better than his first photos.
To me, that says allot!

If AB was picked up at his home or any home, wouldn't that address be on the booking info? If someone is picked up at a public place, is it customary to use the PD address as the address on the booking info?

I would hate to think that police departments are fudging information on booking forms to throw off the public who have access to this info. :waitasec:

I must be really disoriented this morning! I don't see anywhere in the report where it states he was at the airport! Help me! Please!:waitasec:

It was there HOWEVER, they updated the article without making a retraction.

Here is a snapshot of the "original" article that a WS member captured.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5722717&postcount=324"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22[/ame]

I must be really disoriented this morning! I don't see anywhere in the report where it states he was at the airport! Help me! Please!:waitasec:
because they "edited" their article.

If you read back thru the thread some posters were able to get screen caps of the original.

((I am disoriented now too!))

If AB was picked up at his home or any home, wouldn't that address be on the booking info? If someone is picked up at a public place, is it customary to use the PD address as the address on the booking info?

I would hate to think that police departments are fudging information on booking forms to throw off the public who have access to this info. :waitasec:

very good thinking Kamille!:waitasec: I am not ready to dismiss the airport thing....

BB's mother (KD) said she spent a day with BB and Z at a park. KD did question Zahra about a faded black eye. Z said it was from a door. KD asked her if EB ever hit her and Z said "No, I love my mumma and she would never hit me."

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/
who/latest-news/article/-/8178830/relative-zahra-said-my-mumma-would-never-hit-me/

I read elsewhere that people knew (and had seen the abuse with their own two eyes) but Zahra always denied it - MOST KIDS DENY ABUSE!

If they suspected Zahra was being abused, they had a moral responsibility to report it - not for them to investigate / decide if it happened or not - that is the job for DCS or the police. Yes, I know the system is badly broken, but it is the only system we have at this time.

If someone who had seen the abuse happening called 911 and reported what they saw and Zahra was found to be bruised and battered (thinking cell phone pic from Sept) - LE would have arrived and most likely would have arrested EB regardless of what Zahra said.

So many people failed this beautiful child for their own selfish reasons. If one of those reasons was fear of EB, imagine what Zahra felt - living with this monster.

Some news article are stating it - others are not. (Like with the mattress - they found it - they didnt find it)

Who know ??:(

Do you think the original report of his arrest at the airport was in error or do you think that LE asked them to withhold that information from the public?

I have never seen such shoddy reporting!
What's with all these confusing reports???
What happened to reporting the TRUTH???
I hope there is a good reason to confuse everyone.
Now that the pair is in jail, can we get the truth reporters????
I need LEVI!!!!

So... AB was arrested at the airport (or at home, depending on what the media reports) AND the landfill is being searched again?

My mind is spinning!

Because, sadly, there is very little original reporting these days. Most outlets simply rehash what someone else reported. I wonder how many of the local news outlets have reporters actually reporting, i.e., investigating, talking to sources, verifying information.

And the 24-hour news cycle means everyone rushes to report any tidbit they have, whether they have verified it or not.

When I was in Hickory last weekend, there were 4 news vans set up at the police dept. it was channels WSOC 9, WCNC 6 or 36, WHKY 14, and I can not remember the other. This does not mean they were actually "investigating" however!

If you go back and read some of these MSM articles that are popping up, and read the "guesses" that are going on here, you'll start to see the MSM is using WS as a "source" for their reporting. That would be fine if they were quoting facts and fact checking, but right now what they are grabbing is supposition and printing it as fact, which is further fueling misinformation. I think we need to take a step back and wait for a PR from the police.

I don't care where he got arrested at yet... The fact that he has been arrested, is what I'm thrilled about... I'm a patient person... I'll wait for the details....:popcorn:

Ok, thanks Patty and nursebeeme for setting things straight for me. Thought I was really losing it! LOL!
So the truth is Adam was arrested this morning. And LE is back at the landfill too.
I think this is the beginning of quite a bit of news this week! Let's pray for accurate reporting from those news sites! Geez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman