NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care where they arrested him, I'm just glad they did.

What is sad is "David Lohr" contributor to the article links to the Aussie article as his form of information.

Officials do not believe Baker, who is an Australian citizen, was attempting to flee the area at the time of his arrest, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

This is also reported at www.skynews.com.au
It say that AB was picking up family.

In most states, in order to Child Services to 'do sometihng' there has to be evidence. Either the child must state there is sometihng going on, there must be evidence on the child such as bruises, marks, malnutrition, etc, or someone needs to have evidence.
Also, Child Services can't come in, bang down the door, and investigate. A parent must allow them in, unless there is a court order.
Laws vary, state by state, but in most places, there has to be 'just cause'.

I agree wholeheartedly. You can call DSS anonymously, but I think people just didn't want the hassle of filing a report to LE because they take your name. Many, many adults failed this child. I am afraid LE in Sawmills failed to see the seriousness also. They were "tired of being called there" according to a Newspaper article that I can't find and honestly am too tired to dredge up. Hickory Daily Record.

I kinda think the airport info is right but LE didn't want it released. I would think the press wouldn't have made the comment that he was not trying to flee if they didn't have something to back that up (I know, they've said a bunch of other stuff that they can't back up).
OT - for future reference, does anyone know how to get a screenshot on a mac?

If AB had any love for his daughter and only helped to dispose of the body, I would think he would put her close to that Church!

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

What is sad is "David Lohr" contributor to the article links to the Aussie article as his form of information.

Officials do not believe Baker, who is an Australian citizen, was attempting to flee the area at the time of his arrest, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Yeah, that's just a crappy bit of reporting. He did directly quote Libby Gibbs though form the Hickory PD (saying he was most likely picking up relatives at the airport) So that best be true if he cited them. heh

In most states, in order to Child Services to 'do sometihng' there has to be evidence. Either the child must state there is sometihng going on, there must be evidence on the child such as bruises, marks, malnutrition, etc, or someone needs to have evidence.
Also, Child Services can't come in, bang down the door, and investigate. A parent must allow them in, unless there is a court order.
Laws vary, state by state, but in most places, there has to be 'just cause'.

I agree wholeheartedly. You can call DSS anonymously, but I think people just didn't want the hassle of filing a report to LE because they take your name. Many, many adults failed this child. I am afraid LE in Sawmills failed to see the seriousness also. They were "tired of being called there" according to a Newspaper article that I can't find and honestly am too tired to dredge up. Hickory Daily Record.

In NC there is a law that you must report suspected abuse no matter who you are (not just caregivers, etc.). Sadly, no one ever enforces it.

So local reporters are getting their information from reports that are coming out of Australia? Wow, this brings bad journalism to a whole new level.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116845"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
is this still the best link for scanner?????
any locals know???

Why do you guys think LE waiting this long to arrest him for these charges that they knew about since Day One?

I'm thinking they feel that he's no longer useful to them being out of jail and are stepping it up a notch. JMO

So local reporters are getting their information from reports that are coming out of Australia? Wow, this brings bad journalism to a whole new level.

Actually, IMO, it is the other way around. Aussie is getting their reports based on one website this morning that posted about the airport and then removed that portion within 5 minutes of the article showing up online.

WSCOTV started it and then everyone jumped on board.

So....if AB was at the airport to pick up relatives, what flights arrive that early in the morning? Was he arrested at 3:12 am or is that when he was booked?

I thihk it is opposite. The debacle with the mattress teh other day for instance was originated at Fox News and then picked up by all the Aus. sites and then some locals

Why do you guys think LE waiting this long to arrest him for these charges that they knew about since Day One?

I'm thinking they feel that he's no longer useful to them being out of jail and are stepping it up a notch. JMO

I think he's talking, I don't know why, but I do.

I'm thinking that if AB met his mom at the airport, and she said something like.."I'm here to take Zahra back with me..!! " He may have broke down and let loose... and the police that were at the airport (being watched) asked him to come back to the police station with his mom... and he told his story... which is why we have this search that started so early... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member