NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
215 on thread now... greetings to our sleepyhead Oz WSers... grab some coffee and join us. Zahra sure could use your insights today!

In most states, in order to Child Services to 'do sometihng' there has to be evidence. Either the child must state there is sometihng going on, there must be evidence on the child such as bruises, marks, malnutrition, etc, or someone needs to have evidence.
Also, Child Services can't come in, bang down the door, and investigate. A parent must allow them in, unless there is a court order.
Laws vary, state by state, but in most places, there has to be 'just cause'.

I agree wholeheartedly. You can call DSS anonymously, but I think people just didn't want the hassle of filing a report to LE because they take your name. Many, many adults failed this child. I am afraid LE in Sawmills failed to see the seriousness also. They were "tired of being called there" according to a Newspaper article that I can't find and honestly am too tired to dredge up. Hickory Daily Record.

I agree that many adults failed Zahra.

Sawmills doesn't have a police force. Residents of Sawmills are served by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office out of Lenoir. To my knowledge there aren't any 'outposts' for them. There's a Highway Patrol station in Hudson and a police department in Granite Falls. I'd like to read the article you referenced.

FWIW, the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office is most likely responsible for providing police services in the area of Dudley Shoals where LE is currently searching.

Perhaps AB has only second-hand knowledge and doesn't know EXACTLY where Zahra is.

This could be possible SondraK IMHO. I agree with you. Although with his arrest today, I'm leaning away from this at this point in time to be honest. But it's possible, yes.

But IMHO if he had second hand knowledge he should have told that a long time ago. Or whenever he first heard it. It's been reported that he hasn't visited EB, it's been reported that he has...even if he has, if she told him at that time there is no reason whatsoever in my mind why he shouldn't have spoken up and told LE where to find the body of his child. His flesh and blood. If this proves to be accurate, and he did know but didn't tell? Shame on him.

JMHO.

This could be possible SondraK IMHO. I agree with you. Although with his arrest today, I'm leaning away from this at this point in time to be honest. But it's possible, yes.

But IMHO if he had second hand knowledge he should have told that a long time ago. Or whenever he first heard it. It's been reported that he hasn't visited EB, it's been reported that he has...even if he has, if she told him at that time there is no reason whatsoever in my mind why he shouldn't have spoken up and told LE where to find the body of his child. His flesh and blood. If this proves to be accurate, and he did know but didn't tell? Shame on him.

JMHO.

Do you have a link for the mug shot Kat. And I say shame on all of them - whoever all of them is.

OK thanks. I just wanted to check for a scanner link but only fire/rescue again in Caldwell. I had hoped to hook up with a police scanner. :blowkiss:

I'm on emgy and fire.........
can't find anything better....wonder why???

I'll second and third whoever said he sure didn't look too upset or broken hearted in his mug shot. Such a desolate road there -- I hope she is found and laid to rest. I don't think she is alive anymore - I hate to say it but I just don't.

Does anyone else find it a little disturbing that they were "holding off" on an arrest for assault with a deadly weapon? I get the bad check charges, no big deal, but is it common practice in that area to not arrest someone for assault with a DW?

I'm not real privy to the way law works but those charges were already "dismissed with leave" ... so perhaps the don't feel those charges really hold much weight but since they need them now , best to utilize it to their advantage?

We just waking up here.......OMG!! Now going back to read up......Whoooo hooooo!!! Justice for Zahra. I wonder if this will be enough to bring out if he has any priors here in Australia, we can't access those records like you guys can, but would be very interested to find out his history (often this info doesn't come out until AFTER trial here however). :woohoo:

Thanks for waking me up too! :) Just kidding, great news, going back to catch up.

So, any word on Zahra?

Anybody have a link for the mug shot please? Am at work and not on my normal sleuthing computer..........ugh!

There are two. The first is from the police department, the second from the jail.

Attachments

• AB-police.jpg
    AB-police.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 53
  • ab-jail.jpg
    ab-jail.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 49
On the charges of assault that both AB and EB were charged with....didn't I read that they had failure to appear on those charges?? Or, some kind of mess up with LE? I "assume" there were warrants out for them on the charges? Why were they allowed to prance around, free, with those charges? :waitasec:

According to what I saw on my original link the place that is being searched is not on Burns road it is on Dudley Shoals rd. Which would be the area behind the yarn mill (or what ever that big building is).

If you follow that dead end looking road it takes you to a creek. I believe this is where they are looking. It is one looong creek. So if she's there it may take awhile to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay