NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a new article or has it already been posted here? I am just now seeing it. BBM...

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/25/teams-search-caldwell-county-site-ar-481963/

Personnel from the FBI, SBI, Caldwell County Sheriff’s Department and Hickory Police Department have been at the site, situated near a waterfall, since daybreak.

Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones said investigators are scattered throughout the county today, searching for different pieces of evidence.

Did I see there was supposed to be a PC today or did I imagine that?

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51928 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51927 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51926 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51925 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51929 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

FTA: COMMUNICATING THREATS $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51257 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

FTA: COMMUNICATING THREATS 11/18/2010 10 CR 51258 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT (no bail listed?)

FTA: ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON 11/18/2010 10 CR 51258 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT (no bail listed?)

FAIL TO RETURN RENTAL PROPERTY $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 50755 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

http://injail.catawbacountync.gov/WhosInJail/

How come no bail listed for two charges? TIA.

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51928 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51927 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51926 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51925 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51929 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

FTA: COMMUNICATING THREATS $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 51257 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

FTA: COMMUNICATING THREATS 11/18/2010 10 CR 51258 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT (no bail listed?)

FTA: ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON 11/18/2010 10 CR 51258 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT (no bail listed?)

FAIL TO RETURN RENTAL PROPERTY $1,000.00 11/18/2010 10 CR 50755 CALDWELL HICKORY POLICE DEPT

http://injail.catawbacountync.gov/WhosInJail/

How come no bail listed for two charges? TIA.
Maybe they are offering a plea to drop those charges if he leads them to Zahra?

If you follow that dead end looking road it takes you to a creek. I believe this is where they are looking. It is one looong creek. So if she's there it may take awhile to find her.

They may also be checking out the wooded area which is accessed by a dirt road right across shoals from teh dead end you speak of. It appears to dead end as well, halfway down the hillside (lots of downed trees and deadwood in area)

FYI for those who inquired about the Knollwood MHP that is listed when the google map of search area comes up.

From Shoals is Burns road which leads to the textile mill AND right next to that you can see where the concrete pads still exist for a now defunct and missing mobile home park. Wonder if this is the addy reported that EB lived at three years ago and the reason that supposed to have sparked this search.

That creek near where they are at goes all the way to Ebenezer Church Rd and crosses under and snakes/curves all around that area and looks to end over by Frank Crotts Ln.

tlcox how far is the search area today from the landscaping business search prior? TIA.

LOCALS: Please do not post things you hear locally unless you get verified. I can do that for you. Feel free to contact me privately if that's what you wish to do. Otherwise, your posts can and will be removed as rumor.

Thanks! :blowkiss:

Is this a new article or has it already been posted here? I am just now seeing it. BBM...

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/25/teams-search-caldwell-county-site-ar-481963/

Personnel from the FBI, SBI, Caldwell County Sheriff’s Department and Hickory Police Department have been at the site, situated near a waterfall, since daybreak.

Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones said investigators are scattered throughout the county today, searching for different pieces of evidence.

Thanks for posting that ... this is where I thought they were at. That creek is very long. I followed it on Google map.

Having grown up with a mother who EB reminds me VERY MUCH of, I have a theory about what may have happened FWIW...

Theoretically,

Sounds from some things I've read like ZB really wanted a 'mom' figure active in her life. AB could have been thinking that, as she was approaching puberty, she would need that sort of person to confide in, talk to about 'woman' issues, etc. - especially if, as some people have theorized, AB was the sort of guy who brings home the bacon, and leaves the child-rearing primarily to the women in his life. He's lonely anyway, so decides it's time to go on a 'wife hunt' and meets EB online. EB goes to OZ and discovers she can't keep up her old tricks in new territory, so spins a tall tale of a better life for them all back in the states. Once they get here, she slowly takes advantage of AB's distance from his family, support net, etc., to control things more. She's 'disabled', which enhances his feelings of needing to fully take on the breadwinning, and leaves the rest to her, assuring himself that this is what ZB wanted all along, and trying not to see how things are getting progressively worse. It's been stated that ZB never complained and that she 'loved her Mummy'--perhaps ZB really was sucked into EB's web of manipulation, too? As an adult survivor of child abuse, I can say from personal experience that these children often idolize their abuser(s)--it makes sense if you think about the prospect of making these kind of people angrier by them viewing you as disloyal. So, AB working long hours, EB explaining ZB being 'withdrawn' (read: locked in room) to AB as 'woman issues', which he clearly is uncomfortable with, so he doesn't press.

I think that ZB probably did die of neglect (although I'm not ruling out direct abuse as the cause, either), and that EB told AB, and went on to convince him that they could have done nothing, but that because there had been prior DSS involvement, he would be found just as guilty as she even though he wasn't home when it happened, and in a panic, they *shudder* 'took care of' the evidence and cooked up the kidnapping story.

I remember AB crying and saying he just wanted to get his daughter back and take her back to OZ if she wanted, and I think the tears were genuine--in the context that he really wishes he could do that, but he knows all too well that he waited too long and it's too late now.

JMHO!

Sorry for the long post--this story has touched me deeply.

do not like the 'scattered throughout the county for different pieces of evidence. It sounds like Zahra is scattered.........my mind is going crazy!
I think we need a presser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member