NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back and read some of these MSM articles that are popping up, and read the "guesses" that are going on here, you'll start to see the MSM is using WS as a "source" for their reporting. That would be fine if they were quoting facts and fact checking, but right now what they are grabbing is supposition and printing it as fact, which is further fueling misinformation. I think we need to take a step back and wait for a PR from the police.

It seems some are changing up the story a little bit so as not to plagiarize.
Bad, bad reporting!

Where has it been said they are back at the landfill??

If you go back and read some of these MSM articles that are popping up, and read the "guesses" that are going on here, you'll start to see the MSM is using WS as a "source" for their reporting. That would be fine if they were quoting facts and fact checking, but right now what they are grabbing is supposition and printing it as fact, which is further fueling misinformation. I think we need to take a step back and wait for a PR from the police.

Did any of the MSM articles indicate that their guesses are coming from what is being posted at WS or is this only an assumption that their guesses are coming from WS's site?

Lots of other sites are guessing and posting the same thoughts, as well as TV shows, even YouTubers.

Clearly this poster has had enough of the gray zone that is social networking so I am done reading posts regarding them, careful as I try to be when stating it is from a social site and therefor not to be trusted as a fact - I am apparently not doing a good job of it.

As to the "legitimate" news media, I am ashamed that some of these newsites can just regurgitate what they read on the interenet from other newsites without one lick of fact checking.

This is terrible to say, but I am happy today that AB is in jail.
Now both are behind bars and not free to run around.
In my heart I really feel both are involved with dear ZAHRA's
death and cover up.

HLN leading with AB's arrest now. (ETA: Looks like they are going to spend more time on Brett Favre scandal. I'm beyond disgusted.)

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said at the beginning of the investigation that Adam Baker had outstanding warrants for worthless checks.
Adkins said officers would execute those warrants when the time was appropriate. Baker wasn't arrested earlier because he was cooperating with investigators in the search for Zahra.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Zahra-Bakers-father-arrested-105675973.html

Police in the Bakers' home town of Hickory, North Carolina, said they arrested Adam Baker at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Monday morning, but do not believe he was trying to flee the state or the US.

The charges were not related to Zahra's disappearance.

"We believe he was at the airport picking up relatives who were flying in from Australia," Hickory Police Department spokesperson Libby Grigg told AAP.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8112622/zahra-bakers-father-arrested-at-airport

Police in the Bakers' home town of Hickory, North Carolina, said they arrested Adam Baker at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Monday morning, but do not believe he was trying to flee the state or the US.

"We believe he was at the airport picking up relatives who were flying in from Australia," Hickory Police Department spokesperson Libby Grigg told AAP.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8112622/zahra-bakers-father-arrested-at-airport

Way to go Patty! Good one.

Articles are disappearing and changing very quickly. At least they are going back. There is such a frenzy to get the story out first. Wish they would take a little longer and get it out right.
Don't take any of this wrong the wrong way. I am not blaming anyone here. This site is for talking over things, coming up with theories, etc, MSM is at fault, they need to FACT CHECK. There were articles that had lines taken directly from here about things, they are now gone. The problem is, now the damage is done and people all over think the info. was fact and it will hang out there for a long time (kind of like the woodchipper, even though it has been ruled out, it still shows up and people still think it's something (note, not saying this was bad info. just using as an example as how hard it is to move on from things)).

Did any of the MSM articles indicate that their guesses are coming from what is being posted at WS or is this only an assumption that their guesses are coming from WS's site?

Lots of other sites are guessing and posting the same thoughts, as well as TV shows, even YouTubers.

Sometimes you can tell if you check the bottom of the thread and the number of lurkers out weighs the number of registered folks online. JVM, NG and a number of other Crime Talk shows have researchers who search the blogs...it makes sense because look how many hands we and other sites have available to process info etc...

I read that also, it was written by some Judge that made the statement about AB. It was on fb, the Z project.

That's my fb group so it make sense that I read it there! Also explains why I couldn't find it on the web today.

Oh, so now we are back at the airport picking up relatives according to the Hickory Police Department spokeperson. OK!

Hummm, I wrote that earlier as a thought, but clearly dismissed it when the article was changed. I guess we have to wait and see if everyone updates their articles AGAIN or if the police puts out a news release. :banghead:

Gee, I thought it was only in Kyron's case where articles posted are changed and never explained...

I do wonder why they arrested him now though...did he stop copperating?

Oh, so now we are back at the airport picking up relatives according to the Hickory Police Department spokeperson. OK!

Hummm, I wrote that earlier as a thought, but clearly dismissed it when the article was changed. I guess we have to wait and see if everyone updates their articles AGAIN or if the police puts out a news release. :banghead:
this article directly quotes Libby (spokesperson from LE)... it they poof this I will thud onto the floor, thru the floor, and into the basement LOL

Sometimes you can tell if you check the bottom of the thread and the number of lurkers out weighs the number of registered folks online. JVM, NG and a number of other Crime Talk shows have researchers who search the blogs...it makes sense because look how many hands we and other sites have available to process info etc...

Yup, I am aware of all the lurkers and that the "lurkers" can be reporters, police, other blog members, or even from TV shows like JVM and NG. I just asked about it being WS that these "guesses" were coming from as there are many forums, crime forums, TV shows forums, etc. out there with registered members and lurkers too!

Gee, I thought it was only in Kyron's case where articles posted are changed and never explained...

I do wonder why they arrested him now though...did he stop copperating?

Perhaps at this point they want to turn up the heat a little on AB, make him squirm a bit.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

Also on Monday, police said that they are following up on a "promising lead" in the search for Zahra, who was reported missing on Oct. 9.

They began searching the area around Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County before daylight on Monday. The area is less than a mile from where Zahra’s stepmother lived three years ago.

Did anyone just hear on local channel 9's 12 oclock news cast that police are now searching around one of EB formers houses? They said where it was but I cant remember the road name they said, and I cant find anything on channel 9's website about it yet....

Anyone else hear that also??

ETA: ah ha thank you salvarenga for posting that link it wasnt on the website when I read it....

They began searching the area around Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County before daylight on Monday. The area is less than a mile from where Zahra’s stepmother lived three years ago.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member