NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be waaaay off here (can't research this right at this moment; will try later if I get the time), BUT this would explain something I've been puzzling over. It seemed to me at some point going through the photos online, that in some of the wedding photos EB looked markedly thinner than in others, and quite altogether different. I had been wondering if perhaps they'd had a second wedding ceremony 'stateside'? This would certainly fit in with EB's narcissistic-seeming tendencies, and I can just imagine her feeding everyone some kind of baloney about how the ceremony here would be 'so her relatives could see them get married, too'. (Read: 'Ooooh, another chance to be in the spotlight and get lots of free stuff for me, ME MEEE!!!' Whoops--sorry, got carried away--I'm feeling bitter...)

Sorry, all just my thinking 'out loud', but if it would have helped with immigration/residential issues to have another wedding here, I could see it happening.

Anyone's thoughts?

I'll give it a go. US would have recognised the marriage first off so there would be no necessity, per se, of a stateside ceremony. That said some foreign nationals do indeed (as mentioned above) seek entry into the US as a visitor, marry their impending spouse, and then seek to apply for residency. (Fiancee visas are both expensive and very short term.) Tourist visas are much cheaper and some countries use the VWP so he and Zahra wouldn't have needed a visa unless they were planning to stay longer than 90 days.

USCIS frowns very, very heavily upon tourism marriage though and has denied GCs altogether for trying to 'play' the system.

http://www.visabureau.com/america/b2-tourist-visa.aspx

According to this a tourist visa would last 6 months. Not sure how that matches up to the date of the passport pics but its possible (and has been suggested by another poster) they had intentions of applying legally for residency towards the end of that visa.

If the land searches fail, LE really needs to check the water in the area.

If you are referring to the Dudley Shoals area, then I can safely say there is NO way they would go search that area and not search the river/creek. It would absolutely be part of the search area.

How would that be to her advantage in this case though? Unless she leads them to something to pin on AB ?

If AB truly does not know what happened to Zahra, EB is in the driver's seat about what she can say took place. AB would not have any counter argument other than saying she is lying.

MOO

We're dealing with hard core sociopaths here, imo. Their only motivation is saving themselves.

I hope AB gets himself a good attorney. He's about to get thrown under a big bus.

I agree a "great big bus"

images

How does it work when you're already married though? They were married in AU.

Then again, when they travelled to the US, they likely did it with their own passports and EB's probably still had whatever name she was able to use legally to obtain that passport to go there in the first place. So maybe it wasn't even mentioned at the time they were travelling that they were married?

It doesn't really matter once they were here. The stipulation for permanent residency based on marriage purposes is that they have to be married within 90 days of the applicant's arrival in the USA (this also applies to bringing a fiance/fiancee here on a fiance's visa) - that condition is already met if they were married prior to that in Oz and assuming the form of marriage they went through is recognised here and if not they would simply have to go though a civil ceremony here.

In veterinary oncology things play out slightly different, but most if not all of our information is garnered from human medicine / research. For some reason chemo medications (while effective) do not have the same history of unsavory symptoms in animals as they do in people. That said it may be a case of it happens in human medicine (chemo CAUSING leukemia or putting you at a higher risk for it) and not the case in veterinary oncology (which is my field of expertise :) Thank you for your answer. I'll have to look into it further.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/2936.cfm

Home
After Childhood Cancer
Patient Education from Memorial Sloan-Kettering

This is a program about the possible late side effects of treatment for childhood cancer. Late effects are not due to the cancer; they are caused by the chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery used in the treatment of cancer. While some treatments have no late effects, others do. Many of these are mild and can be easily treated. Others, including rare second cancers, are serious, but may still be cured or managed.

I just caught the end of 12 oclock channel 9 news cast about Zahra. All I heard is they are now searching a different area from yesterday and the reporter said that EB took the police to 3 different areas yesterday. The reporter didnt know where the other areas was. I will keep a eye on wsoctv's web site for the video of the news cast.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Criminal.do?county=999&court=BTH&defendant=Baker&start=0&navindex=0&submit=Submit+Query

Interesting that there are 9 counts of bad check writing (all of which are mis.) on here with dates set (couple of different dates) and NO dates for the two more serious offenses.

Also.... was it 9 counts of bad check writing yesterday? I thought there were less?

I could be wrong but I think the three offences, communicating threats and assault with a deadly weapon, all fall into the same area. The charge right now on those is failing to appear. I believe that the actual charges were dismissed with leave at the time of the court hearing of which he didn't appear at.

We need a lawyer on here. :crazy:

MOO

Is she taking them to different places under the disguise of saying "I don't know where HE put her .... but it could be here .... or here .... or here..... "

Gah I rarely feel rage toward these people but she makes me want to SCREAM.

NC police: Stepmother talking in missing girl case
Network NewsX Profile
The Associated Press
Tuesday, October 26, 2010; 12:04 PM

HICKORY, N.C. -- The stepmother of a missing 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are searching in rural North Carolina for the disabled child or evidence in her disappearance, police said Tuesday.

Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Clare Baker, has been talking with investigators after her lawyer approached police offering her help, said Maj. Clyde Deal, deputy police chief in Hickory where the child was reported missing Oct. 9.

Police believe the girl is dead.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/26/AR2010102602561.html

Is she taking them to different places under the disguise of saying "I don't know where HE put her .... but it could be here .... or here .... or here..... "

That would be my thought, ughhhh!

From the link I posted (BBM):

Requirements under Article 36 (Vienna Convention on Consular Relations)
• The local authorities must inform detained foreigners without delay of their right to have
their consular post notified of their detention and of their right to communicate with their
consular representatives.
• At the request of the detainee, the authorities must then notify the consular post of the
arrest without delay and permit consular access to the detained national.
• Consular officers have the right to be promptly informed of the detention at the national’s request, to communicate, correspond, and visit with their detained nationals, to arrange for their nationals’ legal representation, and to provide other appropriate assistance with
the detainee’s consent.

I just caught the end of 12 oclock channel 9 news cast about Zahra. All I heard is they are now searching a different area from yesterday and the reporter said that EB took the police to 3 different areas yesterday. The reporter didnt know where the other areas was. I will keep a eye on wsoctv's web site for the video of the news cast.
she is starting to sound like that serial killer that drove LE all over the place... ((and no bodies were found that he allegedly was leading them to))

BINGO!

AB is about to get run over by a freight train.

Just getting caught up! I have a few things to add on the 200 per month food stamp thing...

I believe that this was only for EB. I work for DHS (In OR, not NC) and standard here for 1 adult with minimal income is $200 per month. I'm going to assume EB claimed herself only, with probably only her disability as income. This leads me to believe that Z & AB aren't here legally, or I'm sure they would have been claimed as well and the 3 of them would be recieving a lot more than $200 per month, even with AB's income.

I also think its very likely that the hickory house rent was included in AB's income. That would explain why AB's income was reported so low (Can NOT remember for the life of me where I read this now, these threads just move so fast!) Also would have saved the boss $$ in taxes by paying AB under the table.

MOO, of course!

We're dealing with hard core sociopaths here, imo. Their only motivation is saving themselves.

I hope AB gets himself a good attorney. He's about to get thrown under a big bus.

IMO, he deserves to be there. Nothing justifies him standing by while his precious baby's life is destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717