NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, but I'm new and woefully unable to keep up with the speed of this thread right now...

I am looking into this, but suspect someone with more legal knowledge than I coulod answer a lot more quickly than I can find it.

With all the talk of whether or not AB has lawyered up, etc., I am wondering: What are the legalities surrounding the right (or lack thereof) of noncitizens to a court-appointed/paid for attorney???

Depending on AB's status here, is it plausible that he hasn't gotten an attorney because he can't afford one, and as a noncitizen, doesn't have the right to a free one? Just me pondering, and I don't know if anyone has definitively discerned his status--does anyone know? TIA

THIS SOUNDS LIKE a question for our verified lawyers. I think we even have a thread where you can go ask questions. It may take time tho. As these are actual lawyer/members who take time out of their own personal day to answer these questions.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108830&page=17

I think what's getting to people here is, this guy has the calmest, coolest demeanor ever seen for someone whose missing daughter has most probably been murdered. The 911 call, the remarks to the press, etc.
It's like, "Yeah, my daughter's missing...wife might have something to do with it...who knows...Oh, well..." Come on!!

I'm sick of it.

I totally understand where everyone is coming from regarding his demeanour but I think back on the suspicion and well, downright shredding of some other parents whose camera personality wasn't to the public's liking and I hesitate in this case.

The other thing that holds me back is that one of my brothers is very much like Adam. He is calm & talks slowly even throughout much trauma in our family in the last two years. His voice does not change pitch - you do not see obvious anger or grief or anything with him (and some other family members too). In fact, I was told about someone being killed in the same voice as if I were being invited to dinner.

So, anyway, I'm not off that fence with Adam although the stepmother I definitely have a different sick feeling about. I will say that Adam confuses me. I usually have a feeling one way or the other and I'm really having trouble reading him.

Zahra102710003.jpg

Sure looks like "squares" of wood (possibly cut out from a wall or the floor - if there are wood floors in there) in that first container.

Definitely in the second is a child's black sneaker in the bottom corner. I tried earlier to see if we had a pic of Zahra wearing it - but the only sneakers I could find didn't fit that one.

ETA - its actually the second and third containers

Wonder if anything was found in the crawlspace?

DO we know anything about layout of house (other than what can be determined by visual, front room to the left of home, where entrence is, is LR, there is a front bedroom, there is a back bedroom across hall, and Kitchen is found behind LR and next to back bedroom? SURMISED INFO BASED ON PHOTOS PROVIDED BY SherlocHomey = LOCAL

Now he has earned an outright cyber smootch lips and all (spouses I hope will understand)! Thank him for his invaluable firsthand account of what he sees at family home while it is being searched/investigated. From all of us!

He got a pretty big grin when I told him this earlier ;)

Hopefully tomorrow, we will all know more. And some more things can come out that will blow everyone's mind. I am also a local. So, if you are local too, PM me. I would love to hear from you. This case is tearing me up, and my husband refuses to discuss it with me. He doesn't feel like he can help, so why talk about it? Men, grrrrr! Goodnite all, 6:15 is early!

Zahra102710003.jpg

Sure looks like "squares" of wood (possibly cut out from a wall or the floor - if there are wood floors in there) in that first container.

Definitely in the second is a child's black sneaker in the bottom corner. I tried earlier to see if we had a pic of Zahra wearing it - but the only sneakers I could find didn't fit that one.

I think that any evidence they had would be bagged and sealed to avoid contamination. So I agree, those are brown envelopes!

I really have to get to bed ... but can a local comment on this ... I heard there were pink curtains in one of the rooms.... I also saw that in the windows one of the rooms looked to be painted pink possibly (or was that special light ??) .

In any case, I think pink curtains and pink paint might paint a different picture than what has been posted here about a barren room with nothing belonging to Zahra. Someone had to have went through the trouble to do that ???? (or I suppose the house could have already had a pink room with pink curtains ??? )

The husband & I were talking about the same exact thing. There is always a chance the room was like that from the previous tenant....but I don't know. It is very interesting to me if in fact the room was painted and decorated for her.

He got a pretty grin when I told him this earlier ;)

I get that ;) On a more serious note, you seem to have a good one there. not many hubbys care enough and are same page enough to adopt their wife's passion and jump in both feet. Lucky girl, maybe give him a backrub tonight.

I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, but I'm new and woefully unable to keep up with the speed of this thread right now...

I am looking into this, but suspect someone with more legal knowledge than I coulod answer a lot more quickly than I can find it.

With all the talk of whether or not AB has lawyered up, etc., I am wondering: What are the legalities surrounding the right (or lack thereof) of noncitizens to a court-appointed/paid for attorney???

Depending on AB's status here, is it plausible that he hasn't gotten an attorney because he can't afford one, and as a noncitizen, doesn't have the right to a free one? Just me pondering, and I don't know if anyone has definitively discerned his status--does anyone know? TIA

While we are waiting for an attn Kiki.

The right to legal counsel falls under the 6th admendment (IIRC).

It doesn't matter if AB is here legally.

It doesn't matter if AB is found to be here illegally.

That right is extended to him. IMHO. I'm not a lawyer though.

Before I go to bed...just have to say...G-d bless and keep you Zahra.

Thanks everyone for keeping on top of this. Today's news pretty much broke me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne