NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No internet at work last night just got home I went to bed a 2 pm yesterday I am at least 2 threads behind WOW what happened? anyone care to give me a condensed update pretty please and TIA

Hello everyone I just wanted to post to introduce myself, I have been reading and lurking on here for days now trying to get as much information as I could about this tragic case and I read earlier someone inviting guests to sign up and join in the conversation, so here I am.

I'm not sure how much I can add to everything but ever since I read of Zahra's disappearance it has been eating me alive, I am so sad and angry for her. I live in an area in Australia where the Baker's once lived, so it has hit very close to home for me. I would also like to add my thanks for the invaluable information that was passed on today (my time) by the locals who were at the scene, it was very much appreciated by someone so far away.

Welcome Jacaranda! Lovely tree - Lovely name :)

Beautiful purple flowers in Oct/Nov which is fitting as it appeared, from the balloon release, that purple may have been a favoured colour of Zahra's and also ties in to her upcoming birthday.

Lovely to see another Aussie onboard too. If you live in W.W I'd be very interested to hear what the locals are saying, any information you can share on this and on the town in general? It would be nice to have a run down of the area from someone who lives there and also where Zahra grew up for a time.

Welcome Jacaranda! Lovely tree - Lovely name :)

Beautiful purple flowers in Oct/Nov which is fitting as it appeared, from the balloon release, that purple may have been a favoured colour of Zahra's and also ties in to her upcoming birthday.

Lovely to see another Aussie onboard too. If you live in W.W I'd be very interested to hear what the locals are saying, any information you can share on this and on the town in general? It would be nice to have a run down of the area from someone who lives there and also where Zahra grew up for a time.

Hi darnudes, I picked the name because while I was out driving today I saw a Jacaranda tree in flower for the first time this season and it always makes me happy because it means summer is around the corner and while I was thinking this Zahra popped into my mind. I was referring to Newcastle in my post, I don't know the family and at this stage haven't talked to anyone who does know them, but it is a pretty big place these days. Also I don't know if AB's family are still living up north or if they have moved back to this area, it is hard to tell from what I have read.

Thanks again for the welcome from everyone, it makes it easier to post as a newbie.

'The Calla lillies are in bloom again....a delicate flower....they remind me of someone I once loved...."

misquoted, I'm sure, from 'Stage Door' with Katherine Hepburn speaking.
Just seemed to fit.

The girl's name Zahra -------- is of Arabic origin, and the meaning of Zahra is "white; flower".

...i like the idea to plant white flowers of any sort, and lots of them.

Prosthetic leg found, believed to belong to missing N.C. girl
By the CNN Wire Staff
October 28, 2010 -- Updated 0559 GMT (1359 HKT)

(CNN) -- A prosthetic leg thought to be that of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker has been found in a brushy area off a North Carolina road, Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory, North Carolina, police said Wednesday.

Police launched a search for Zahra on October 9, but no one other than a family member has reported seeing her since September 25, when a woman saw her at a furniture store. The girl's disappearance is now being probed as a homicide.

Adkins said that the prosthetic leg is "consistent with" that of Zahra, a freckle-faced youngster who lost her leg to bone cancer at age 5 and developed lung cancer a few years later, according to CNN affiliate WCNC.

The prosthetic was found late Tuesday afternoon off Christie Road in Caldwell County, he said, and authorities are using its serial number to confirm it belonged to the young girl. Zahra got the leg in Australia, where both her birth parents are from.

more at the link:
Video at link:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/27/north.carolina.missing.girl/

Where is Zahra?

I apologise, I'm a few threads behind since last night.
I agree. I think, also, that it might have been bought up by her attorney that if EB were 'doing jail time' for the check thing, then why wasn't AB arrested and in jail? I have a feeling police let him know they would be arresting him, and gave him the opportunity, as he had cooperated, to go and get his family and bring them to wherever they are staying before turning himself in. Just a thought.

{QUOTE=tambo;5736324]i'm sort of on the fence about AB, but my gut tells me he didn't know what was going on...just my opinions, but i stilll think that he and LE had agreed on a time for him to come in after he picked up his family so as to avoid the media...I still feel that they wanted him in there while EB was out,, perhaps for EB's safety, (who knows, maybe they were afraid he would go after her). As far as him not knowing, it really wouldn't be that hard, oh honey, don't bother her, she's sleeping, she's been sick etc...my hubby would go for that in a heartbeat, doesn't make him a bad dad, he would just want his kid to rest...if he did see her thursday, I'm assuming would be evening after work and then come home friday night,, EB says she's sick, then it would not be so far fetched for him to say the last time he saw her was thursday.

As for his emotions, I can relate to that, well not anymore but for a long time I could have, My son had bone cancer when he was 2 he went through chemo, radiation, surgery, you name it, when something like that happens to your child you learn really quick how control your emotions, you really have no choice,,you have to be almost invincible because the minute you stop you fall apart, i would guess he is still in that mode, it hasn't been that long..I can remember people saying to me, how can you talk about it so calmly, what they didn't realize was that if i started to be emotional about it I would be no good to anyone.

anywho, just wanted to throw that out there,, again, JMO[/QUOTE]

I had to walk away from this for the last couple of days....my heart could take no more....I live in NC, I have 3 adopted kids the Cps is involved with, 2 are victim of violent crimes with sever injurys.....we have had some horrible cps works, can't even call them by their correct name! My husband was a victim of a high profile violent crime, working with workmens comp and his adult case works, his treatment is soooooo much better then are grandson! So is Cps underpaid, adult protect gets about the same.....I am so sick of what is happening to our children here, I don't give a damn about their excuses! Sorry for the rant!!!!! Not kids meant grandkids, but love them just the same! hehe

Apologize for my previous lack of faith in LE on this case.

I think EB will talk soon, my feeling is that she will bargain to get off the death penalty and tell all. Well I am hoping :)

O/T one thing I have noticed with this thread, the minute you leave for a while you are into catch up mode as soon as you get back :)

G'morning everyone.... :)
Just thinking out loud....
I'm thinking that the saw/saws were brought in to cut through the floor to bring the mattress up from the crawl space... This way they could examine it inside the house with the lighting they were using...

I think that any evidence they had would be bagged and sealed to avoid contamination. So I agree, those are brown envelopes!

ITA. There is a video of the truck being opened somewhere (before they actually pulled any evidence from the house I think). Those bins had "stuff" in them before they went in Zahra's yard/house IMO. I don't think everything shown there is specific evidence from the scene but rather materials /etc. needed to process the scene. Anyone have the early video when it first arrived and there is an officer opening the back door so we can compare ?

AB could very well be one of the 56 guests on here right now. I think it's always a good idea to remember that while you are on here, speculating, theorizing and trying to figure it all out, sometimes you're doing nothing more than that. Sometimes you are helping LE (yes, they read these boards too). And SOMETIMES you are helping out the defense and the criminal. Just something to keep in mind.

How true :)

As for posting in public, EB hasn't helped herself with all of her MS gothic garble even if it were a phase of her life. EB calls her step child the dark child and leaves it open for public to see. AB seems to post nothing or at least sane enough to mark his account as private. AB seems to have left the land down under to live with a person who could not get a new partner within a thousand miles.

Desperate couple IMO, one always fighting with everyone and one venturing into a new country with his only child trusting a woman he hardly knew.

The first photo shows what looks like wood to me ( in a clear plastic bag). Then there is the pink Yarn and a child's shoe. I have marked each one. Next photo I lightened up and pointed out the number 4. I made this GIANT in photo shop and it IS a 4.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1323/77846379.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3541/90088956.jpg

I respectfully disagree. The upper item is certainly brown envelopes. The "shoe" you refer to would have to be infant / toddler sized. Look at it in relation to the size of the mans hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal