NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised at this:

"Catawba County Sheriff Chief Deputy Coy Reid said Thursday that 33-year-old Adam Baker arranged for a bondsman to post his $7,000 bail."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/28/AR2010102802249.html

I figured it wouldn't be long before his family put up the surety, given the low bail amount...

Now that he's out, we can only hope he'll be hit with a sudden attack of conscience and help them find his little girl. While I don't necessarily think he had a direct hand in her death, I DO believe he was complicit in disposing of her body.

Thank you and thank you sarx. I have some concerns along these lines as well, in particular with this case. I agree with all of the above; in addition, if I could add that people with inside info (whether LE, attorneys, investigative bodies etc) should not be talking to other people unrelated to their job, outside of the investigation. And if those other people are posting here, it compromises the integrity of not only the investigation, but Websleuths. JMO.

Please take that into consideration.

I agree completely. People involved in the actual investigation should not be posting on these boards.
Would like to add also: LE is very aware that there will be onlookers at a search site while they are doing a crime scene investigation. If there are certain things they don't wish to make public, no one would see them... believe me. They are highly trained and adept at concealing evidence while removing it from the scene.
That large plastic bin of items did NOT contain evidence... it was materials they use to collect evidence..... that's all.

Hey, I am new, been following this story on WS for a few days. Love this site :)

I think that is Zahra's shoe-- I remember seeing it in a picture somewhere, where Z is sitting on the ground? Let me see if I can find the pic---

ETA I have to go change a baby's diaper but I will look for the pc in a minute. It was scrolling on Elisa's cached myspace site.

Where are you going with this question? Not sure I understand.

Just a general question / curious. I have no idea if evidence is taken (in any case) or destroyed the belongs to an innocent third party if they are just out those items or if there are provisions ???

I'm wondering this, as well. Are you talking about all the damage to the home and the fact that it's owned by MC?

Not to mention the fact that they will be hard pressed to ever get a tenant in there again, even once repairs are made.

That's what made me wonder but then I realized that I'm sure it happens in many cases (landlords, leased vehicles, warehouses, etc.) ... and I just didn't know if those persons are just SOL:waitasec:

Can someone here explain to me exactly how bail works? Specifically, bail bonds and such?

Usually, one has to put up 10% of the total bond/bail. The bondsman would put up the full amount to the jail, which guarantees the defendant will appear for his court dates...see the link below, it may be more helpful than I can be...JMHO

http://www.888bailbond.com/bailprocess.html

Where is Zahra?

That's what made me wonder but then I realized that I'm sure it happens in many cases (landlords, leased vehicles, warehouses, etc.) ... and I just didn't know if those persons are just SOL:waitasec:

In Some State, Restitution will be paid for damage, that was necessary in the investigation of a crime.

But after reading what bio mom has written, (assuming she did write that)
she had "NO IDEA" he took her out of the Country. That she and her family were looking for the little Angel :( I cant make him out to be a good guy YET :no: you dont forge a passport and take your
kid away from Bio Mom......
So I am leaving my assessments about him open but I am leaning toward THIS was a done by both of them, they both knew what was going on, and they both need to be charge.
I am also open to change my mind because I still have not read everything.
RIP little angel :angel:

Call e a skeptic but there are too many holes in what was posted by biomom for it to make complete sense. If that IS in fact her .... there is still a lot more to the story that isn't being told IMO ....

Woah, thanks for this.

This explains why the glowing was not continuous but wow, the entire room was glowing at some points?????

"To me" you captured that glow in that one photo. It really spooked me out.

A long time ago there was a movie (20 years ago maybe) and it was based on an actual murder and in the movie they used luminal and when they turned the light on the whole place glowed. Sent shivers down my spine ... anyway just a movie. However when I saw that photo you took it reminded me of that movie.

Hey, I am new, been following this story on WS for a few days. Love this site :)

I think that is Zahra's shoe-- I remember seeing it in a picture somewhere, where Z is sitting on the ground? Let me see if I can find the pic---

ETA I have to go change a baby's diaper but I will look for the pc in a minute. It was scrolling on Elisa's cached myspace site.

Hello and welcome to WS, coffeemom!

Can someone here explain to me exactly how bail works? Specifically, bail bonds and such?

The following links contain a bunch of information ... but basically... if you can present 10% of the money (in this case $700 of the $7000) bondsmen will put up the remaining amount (or promise it to the court) if the person doesn't show up for their court date. The bondsman then gets to keep the $700 as his payment (assuming you show up to court)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail_bondsman[/ame]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail[/ame]

Good Morning WS'ers!! My husband drove by a little bit ago. He is 'working from home today'. I think he just wants to go back by and see what is going on later :)

When he drove by at 8:41 there were a couple of news crews and the area is still taped off but no one seemed to be working. The windows appear to have a curtain or blanket hanging over them. HPD are in the front and back lot keeping people out.

9:37 SBI agents back on site. One agent walked in the house and 5 plain clothes are out back.

He just did a drive by and didn't stop. He has a couple of IT tickets to run and go drop a new camera system up to one of our client/customers and then he free to 'report live from the scene'.

Good Morning WS'ers!! My husband drove by a little bit ago. He is 'working from home today'. I think he just wants to go back by and see what is going on later :)

When he drove by at 8:41 there were a couple of news crews and the area is still taped off but no one seemed to be working. The windows appear to have a curtain or blanket hanging over them. HPD are in the front and back lot keeping people out.

9:37 SBI agents back on site. One agent walked in the house and 5 plain clothes are out back.

He just did a drive by and didn't stop. He has a couple of IT tickets to run and go drop a new camera system up to one of our client/customers and then he free to 'report live from the scene'.

Gosh darn, you two are the bestest!

They must have gotten some preliminary test back and now back in to double check where that evidence is and maybe get more...or what? Perhaps waiting for more digging equipment...maybe they did call in Equuasearch? Oh man, hope something breaks today!

Thanks PunkNLuv! Did they put up curtains on the front windows where we took photos last night? It's odd that they have that many officers out back and they only had one yesterday.

This statement too... I'll bet that they where taking photographs during the process, which is why you seen flashed. It says the luminal last 30 seconds..
.......................The glow lasts for about 30 seconds and is blue. Detecting the glow requires a fairly dark room. Any glow detected may be documented by a long exposure photograph.

I've always felt bad for the innocent third parties. I remembering the Anthony's complaining about their house after a search. I think about the costs of repairing a house that was a crime scene. Plumbing parts, sections of walls, floors, carpets, doors and windows. That would be alot of money. I've seen LE agencies cover the costs sometimes. Homeowners insurance will sometimes cover. And sometimes people are like you said, SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor