NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that EB/AB called some family member and they got there before the 911 call was made. That is the only logically explanation I can give at the moment;;

OT;;;I just got back from Voting...wearing my happy "I voted" sticker. lol

I'm just speculating here but do you think they found the place (Zahra's leg) using cell phone records? And THAT was the push EB needed to help out?

Well I think if we had the full tape of LE going to the house on the initial 911 call or photo's we could see what cars were in the driveway and if someone else was there.

Here is an article that is well written - apparently by someone who feels the way we do at WS's...

"Why do we care so much about Zahra Baker? Why do I - and maybe you, too - want to bust through the tape, kick in the front door and pry up the floor boards?
For one thing, Zahra's face is one of the most appealing I've ever seen. She is a composite of every girl I knew and liked in fifth grade, every girl I ever saw sitting on a park bench enjoying the heck out of an ice cream cone, every girl who makes your heart glad at the sight of her coming toward you along the sidewalk."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/02/1804945/tragedys-calling-cards-police.html#ixzz148MNL2Mx

Thank you, Reannan, for the link. It wrenches my heart. Zahra reminds me so much of those "American Girl" characters - lively, vibrant ten-year-old girls who overcame obstacles. The fictional girls celebrated their eleventh birthdays with parties and family. Our sweet Zahra, sadly, will not. I will never be able to look at an American Girl doll without thinking of her. My heart is so sad.

Random thought alert.

I'm still bugged by why Zahra wasn't in school. If I take all the information I know, and use logic to create a theory of what happened to this sweet little girl, that's the one piece of information that just doesn't fit. Especially when I look at the information provided by the furniture store clerk. There is a reason EB/and/or AB kept this child out of school, and if I take the store clerks info at face value, than that reason wasn't because Zahra was too ill to attend or already deceased. We know that DSS was already looking into the parents at this point, so why on earth would they risk drawing more attention to themselves by not having her attend school and instead come up with this homeschooling bs? Surely they knew DSS would follow up on the case, and be all up in their business wrt homeschooling. Something just does NOT fit here, and I can't get a handle on what it is. Unless, of course, the store clerk is mistaken on the date she saw Zahra.

You know if EB had a 3rd person to help, that person could have a child, after doing the deed, goes home, and the plan would be for EB to call him to come over before cops got there. This would explain why the person's DNA, Footprints and fingerprints would be there. His daughter was his cover too.

I've been listening to the sheriff scanner locally for a good while, now, and am finding background noise like that is pretty common. It could be a child with his dad in the lobby. No surprises here, you can hear all sorts of things in the background.

JMO

Regarding what sounds like a child saying "daddy" on the 911 call, could it be AB's boss' daughter?

Regarding what sounds like a child saying "daddy" on the 911 call, could it be AB's boss' daughter?

I could be wrong but considering that the boss' daughter showed up at the house with her father supposedly at 5:30am on the morning of the fire, I have always assumed that she is much older than Zahra...late teens or early twenties at least.

And considering that the police first showed up at 5:20am after being requested by the FD to attend (the fire dept must have gotten there earlier), I have to assume that it was AB who called the boss that morning too. I don't think he would have shown up in less than 10 minutes, with his daughter in tow, if the police had called him even right at 5:20am when they first got there.

MOO

Regarding "daddy" being said on the 911 call - I listened with ear buds and did not hear that at all. I did hear a lot of background fuzz coming from what sounded to be the dispatch room - people talking, milling about, other calls, etc.

I could be wrong but considering that the boss' daughter showed up at the house with her father supposedly at 5:30am on the morning of the fire, I have always assumed that she is much older than Zahra...late teens or early twenties at least.

And considering that the police first showed up at 5:20am after being requested by the FD to attend (the fire dept must have gotten there earlier), I have to assume that it was AB who called the boss that morning too. I don't think he would have shown up in less than 10 minutes, with his daughter in tow, if the police had called him even right at 5:20am when they first got there.

MOO

I believe LE wanted her to come there with her father. Also I saw a photo and she appears to be 12-14 no older than that

Thank you, Lulrker, for wording it that way: "what sounds like..." :-)

Post saying things along the lines of "that's definitely a kid/they're definitely saying 'daddy'" make me a bit nervous. Like anything else, we need to remember that what we hear is a subjective interpretation. I'm always interested in these little hidden clues: amplifying sound recordings, zooming in on pictures, etc., so I'm not trying to detract from what others are hearing. However, I am keeping an open mind. I heard what sounds like "daddy" as well... but I'm considering that it could be a multitude of things: background noise, a TV, a child talking, as others have suggested... or perhaps just plain old [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia"]pareidolia[/ame].

FYI - All the :offtopic: discussion makes more work for the mods as well as for members coming in later in the day to try and catch up on the threads.

I have a question. Since all this took place on the boss' land, and in his car (the one that was sat on fire), IF AB is found guilty/responsible, can Mr. Coffey press more charges? (Like Vandalism/Arson?)

any word from our sleuthy locals on whether any searches are obviously happening today and if so where?

Posted in thread #36

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5752602&postcount=618"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member