NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New def: the state a case reaches when there's no news and we all sit around just like Meatloaf, our cat, hoping and waiting for something interesting to come by.

Random thought alert.

I'm still bugged by why Zahra wasn't in school. If I take all the information I know, and use logic to create a theory of what happened to this sweet little girl, that's the one piece of information that just doesn't fit. Especially when I look at the information provided by the furniture store clerk. There is a reason EB/and/or AB kept this child out of school, and if I take the store clerks info at face value, than that reason wasn't because Zahra was too ill to attend or already deceased. We know that DSS was already looking into the parents at this point, so why on earth would they risk drawing more attention to themselves by not having her attend school and instead come up with this homeschooling bs? Surely they knew DSS would follow up on the case, and be all up in their business wrt homeschooling. Something just does NOT fit here, and I can't get a handle on what it is. Unless, of course, the store clerk is mistaken on the date she saw Zahra.

Perhaps EB was afraid Zahra might tell something to teachers or other children that would be detrimental to EB. Maybe EB thought (even if wrongly) that telling them she was going to homeschool Zahra would get them off her back -- just remove her from the system, period, so nobody is nosing around in their business.

JMO.

I have a question. Since all this took place on the boss' land, and in his car (the one that was sat on fire), IF AB is found guilty/responsible, can Mr. Coffey press more charges? (Like Vandalism/Arson?)

Interesting question...especially with respect to Coffey's vehicle. We don't know that the car was actually burned, only that burned material was removed from the vehicle, but we do know that gas was poured in it, and I assume that creates damage. I don't know the answer to your question, though.

Since the first time I heard Adams 911 call I thought he was reading from a script or something. The way he stutters and pauses, just seems really fake.

This entire story is puzzling. It's obvious they wanted the police to think Z was kidnapped but it somehow back fired (either with the fire or plain stupidity). But no one even knew anything about this girl, they could have just moved again and got away with it. I think there is way more to the story than we ever thought of. Out of all the theories suggested, I think the real outcome is going to be off the wall.

Ok well I'm going to go watch the last two episodes of "Dexter" I cannot stand the gore, but maybe something said in the forensics will make my light bulb go of on this case.

any word from our sleuthy locals on whether any searches are obviously happening today and if so where?

I havent heard anything! Rode by the Hickory house a couple of times today....just a news truck and some people standing at edge of yard....no LE to be seen!

HLN says LE is searching Zahras house (I hate to say "home")
Never mind --- I think the news is a rerun.

I could be wrong but considering that the boss' daughter showed up at the house with her father supposedly at 5:30am on the morning of the fire, I have always assumed that she is much older than Zahra...late teens or early twenties at least.

And considering that the police first showed up at 5:20am after being requested by the FD to attend (the fire dept must have gotten there earlier), I have to assume that it was AB who called the boss that morning too. I don't think he would have shown up in less than 10 minutes, with his daughter in tow, if the police had called him even right at 5:20am when they first got there.

MOO

AB says in the 911 call that he is the one who called his boss about the fire. The search warrant probable cause section indicates that Mr. Coffey was on the scene with his daughter before LE arrived at 530.

So I've been trying to wrap my mind around the "why" of Zahra's disappearance.

Remember, just before Zahra went "missing," EB had begged the young lady who had taken out the charges against her to drop them. She was also facing all these other charges we've seen, and there was the possibility that her abuse of Zahra might come to light in the course of things.

It is my opinion that EB was in such a panic over it all that she tried to come up with a plan to get out of it. IMO, she simply thought no one would be so heartless as to punish a grieving "mom" of an "abducted" child, and she got rid of Zahra for the selfish convenience of it -- to garner sympathy and attempt to avoid punishment.

I honestly believe this is the simplest and most likely explanation.

One last thing. I'm not going to type it but If I was a defense attorney right now I can explain it all away and give them a good defense....but I'm not going to do it. Based of course on what we know.

You should do it.

I would like to hear something the makes everything tie into together and doesnt make these two sound like evil monsters.

But I will settle for what you have.

I have a question. Since all this took place on the boss' land, and in his car (the one that was sat on fire), IF AB is found guilty/responsible, can Mr. Coffey press more charges? (Like Vandalism/Arson?)

I'm sure he could by why bother? If both are convicted he would never see the money anyway. (it is also possible it could be included in any restitution the court would order)

JMO

I have 6 kids, 5 of them still attending school. Making sure everyone is ready and has what they need for school on a daily basis is a time consuming task. That I LOVE!!!!

EB did not want to do any of these things with/for Zahra.
Wake up
Wash your hands and face
Eat breakfast
Get dressed/put pj's away/make your bed
Brush teeth
Arrive at school prepared and on time
Pick up after school
Snack/homework/projects/note from the nurse about immunization/PTA volunteer form/note from teacher-can you help in the classroom a couple of hours this week/Meet the teacher night/art show/choir concert.....and on and on

So I've been trying to wrap my mind around the "why" of Zahra's disappearance.

Remember, just before Zahra went "missing," EB had begged the young lady who had taken out the charges against her to drop them. She was also facing all these other charges we've seen, and there was the possibility that her abuse of Zahra might come to light in the course of things.

It is my opinion that EB was in such a panic over it all that she tried to come up with a plan to get out of it. IMO, she simply thought no one would be so heartless as to punish a grieving "mom" of an "abducted" child, and she got rid of Zahra for the selfish convenience of it -- to garner sympathy and attempt to avoid punishment.

I honestly believe this is the simplest and most likely explanation.

I agree with most of what you said, except that I think what created the panic was that Zahra was already gone. Some kind of mysterious "home inspection" was upcoming (we know that per LE), we know that DSS had been called yet again by family members, and we know that there was a call to BB from EB the evening prior to the fire (if we are to believe BB) asking BB to drop the charges. So, imo , it stands to reason that Zahra was already gone, things are closing in on EB/and/or AB and something has to be done to make this look like something other than what it truly was.

All just :cow: and speculation on my part.

I've mostly been a lurker, I just wanted to say hi to all the sleuthers :wave:

I sure hope today is Zahra's day. I've pretty much been obsessed with this case ever since laying eyes on a picture of sweet Zahra. My kids ask me every day how the case is going. My little mini sleuths :)

Where are you sweet Zahra?

Does anyone else feel that our little Zahra needs her own forum?

I have listened to it several times and get chills each time. Sure sounds like whoever says "Daddy" has a bit of an accent...

After listening to the 911 call, I DO hear a child saying 'daddy' however it sounds like a very small child saying 'daddy'

From the original 911 tape at the 4:30 mark

I agree with most of what you said, except that I think what created the panic was that Zahra was already gone. Some kind of mysterious "home inspection" was upcoming (we know that per LE), we know that DSS had been called yet again by family members, and we know that there was a call to BB from EB the evening prior to the fire (if we are to believe BB) asking BB to drop the charges. So, imo , it stands to reason that Zahra was already gone, things are closing in on EB/and/or AB and something has to be done to make this look like something other than what it truly was.

All just :cow: and speculation on my part.

I agree that's likely, too, but I do think panic over DSS could as easily have been over what Zahra might tell them (or, if injured, what they might observe) rather than her already being missing/dead. If we could just hone in on who truly was the last person to see her other than EB/AB and when, that would help me decide which of the scenarios is the better fit.

Either way, I think anxiety over what was going to happen to her (EB) is what set it all in motion.

do we have a copy of the ransom note? Dont think ive ever seen it. Also does anyone have the transcript of the 911 call AB made. Or atleast someone who can tell me where to go to get these things TIA

Does anyone else feel that our little Zahra needs her own forum?

Just a little FYI - Back when it became known that Caylee Anthony went missing, we went through over 160 threads in ~ 6 weeks before Caylee got her own forum.

posted a week ago that admin was discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne