NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her lawyer advised her to write another one to make the other one invalid? Or maybe she thought of it on her own? Confusion has always been her strong suit when skirting legal issues IMO.

Also, to clarify/backtrack, the article says the friend received the letter Monday (not today). It *is* possible that Gein didn't receive the more recent letter until yesterday, I suppose.

Also, to clarify/backtrack, the article says the friend received the letter Monday (not today). It *is* possible that Gein didn't receive the more recent letter until yesterday, I suppose.

The Gein letter was definitely before the 31st since she whines about missing Halloween so it LOOKS as if the letter to her friend could be backtracking. We know LE is aware of the letters so maybe they made mention to her and she realized what she had done.

The "we really didn't kill her" quote (note wording) comes from the letters sent to Eric Gein (http://www.wcnc.com/news/Letters-al...nt-missing-106558484.html?gallery=y&img=1&c=y).

The report about the letter to the friend (received Monday) didn't quote the actual letter, just what the friend said (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/03/1809049/police-drain-pond-in-zahra-search.html).

HTH

I think the first link I included the first time was broken. I have changed it (above).

I would have to agree Casey. I can't say which or what, but sure I agree any or all of the above.

I can make personal observations based on personal experiences from having to deal with someone like this, and ending in the result that that person had to be completely cut out of our lifes. We just can't give her access anymore. Long story.

Most people who do these types of crimes usually do in some way or another. I said earlier that I am jaded and opinionated in that because of my personal experiences I don't see PD's as a mental illness. I see it as the person knows the difference between right and wrong and they just don't care to do right.

Sorry for the long post :) JMHO

I don't think your post is long...and its right on target. A very close member of my family and his girlfriend are very much the way you have described. There is so much drama and self-centered behavior there that it is best to simply forget they exist and I say this after YEARS of trying. I blamed myself for a long time because there was no way to rationally function in a relationship with them. The decision to end contact has made me very sad but I had to do it for self-preservation purposes.

I want to say that people with these disorders can make a change and improve themselves....but I do not think its possible. Something is missing in their personal make-up and they have no way to obtain or access it.

SSB did you see my comment about the electrical wires, though? They are front and center of the pond in the helicopter video. If you look at the smaller pond, zoomed all the way in, you can see those same set of double wires going across the pond.

The pond you originally linked doesn't have those wires. I'm certain it's the smaller pond.

Ok let me go back and watch again. :)

The Gein letter was definitely before the 31st since she whines about missing Halloween so it LOOKS as if the letter to her friend could be backtracking. We know LE is aware of the letters so maybe they made mention to her and she realized what she had done.

Yes, it was written before the 31st (and I think someone said the postmark looked like 10/29?). But it might have been *received* after the one that the friend received?

Ok let me go back and watch again. :)

Check around the 10-12 second mark of the video, in the upper left. It looks like the helicopter is shooting from a different angle than the Google map picture. But if you turn it in your mind, you can see the match.

That's certainly possible. It's also possible, I suppose, that either one or both of these letters is fake.

(Sure would LOVE to know who this "friend" is.)

IF Damien letters are indeed EB, I am not surprised by all the correspondence. She strikes me as a person who is so unhappy with herself, her life, etc. that she cannot stand for one moment to be alone with her own thoughts. Jail must be really dificult for one such as this. She needs the constant attnetion that she become accustomed to in her online life.

I am sitting here, just imagining her in a small cel, solitary no less, with no phone, no laptop, no contact, no means of validating herself through fake crap. Just her, al by herself, in the real world with no means of escape. The Perfect Torture IMOO, and perfectly legal I might add ;)

It also strikes me how she mentions being on the floor of a cell, missing her comfy waterbed. How can one even imagine sleeping comfortably when their stepchild is missing and presumed dead? The apathy, the ability to sleep peacefully without a prick of conscience or fear is astounding here. I hope the hell you describe is what a person like EB experiences when in jail, because then we may have some chance of justice in this case. But I fear that people like her end up adapting fairly easily once they realize they will not be getting out anytime soon. Ugh.

I don't think your post is long...and its right on target. A very close member of my family and his girlfriend are very much the way you have described. There is so much drama and self-centered behavior there that it is best to simply forget they exist and I say this after YEARS of trying. I blamed myself for a long time because there was no way to rationally function in a relationship with them. The decision to end contact has made me very sad but I had to do it for self-preservation purposes.

I want to say that people with these disorders can make a change and improve themselves....but I do not think its possible. Something is missing in their personal make-up and they have no way to obtain or access it.

Thanks shefner I agree with what you've had to say too.

At the risk of having my behind lit up like a Christmas tree LOL.

I will even go so far as to say that it's a deficit of character too.

They never grew a moral compass...etc.

You know I've read where extensive therapy (years and years) can help some with certain PDs but the patient has to really want to change. Now see, the way I view it, a true diagnosis of mental illness is something that isn't cured by wanting to change. KWIM?

Again, I am sorry if this is off topic to the thread right now but I do think that EB (and AB if proven to be involved, not making a comment as to if he is or isn't, just that we haven't seen him indicted on any charges in relation as of yet) know the difference between right and wrong, are aware of reality (not psychotic) and purposely chose to act in a certain way.

JMHO at this point in time.

I wonder how long it takes to drain a pond...?

Depends on the size of the pond. And if it's the one by the red tower, it doesn't appear to be very large, imo. I may be way off base here, but I'd guestimate a few hours?

Check around the 10-12 second mark of the video, in the upper left. It looks like the helicopter is shooting from a different angle than the Google map picture. But if you turn it in your mind, you can see the match.

Yep, you are right (and so was LNL). Smaller pond near the road and red and white tower.

They whole bare area in the 5+ min video looked like the pond.

Crapola I now know why I got confused ... When I went back to WBTV I linked to that old video footage from the pond near the woodchipper site. Smacks self.

Let me tell ya I had 18 different windows open. lol.

92 members and 100 guests right now - join us, on-lookers!

Depends on the size of the pond. And if it's the one by the red tower, it doesn't appear to be very large, imo. I may be way off base here, but I'd guestimate a few hours?

Now for the graphically ugly question...if a body is in pieces (sorry!) and they are pumping the water from the pond, how do they collect that evidence? Are they straining the water from the pond as it is pumped out?

Yep, you are right (and so was LNL). Smaller pond near the road and red and white tower.

They whole bare area in the 5+ min video looked like the pond.

Crapola I now know why I got confused ... When I went back to WBTV I linked to that old video footage from the pond near the woodchipper site. Smacks self.

Let me tell ya I had 18 different windows open. lol.

Just to be clear, you guys are agreeing that it's the pond Homey circled in her pic, correct?

Now for the graphically ugly question...if a body is in pieces (sorry!) and they are pumping the water from the pond, how do they collect that evidence? Are they straining the water from the pond as it is pumped out?

Ah, I think I see your point. I honestly have no clue. Perhaps some other WSer will come along and enlighten us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3