NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her lawyer advised her to write another one to make the other one invalid? Or maybe she thought of it on her own? Confusion has always been her strong suit when skirting legal issues IMO.

JMO Maybe this is a friend EB had confided in about the way she treated Zahra in the past and and told her things she had hidden from AB and the friend wouldnt believe that AB could have anything to do with hurting her. I just think it would be harder to lie to someone closer to the situation than to a stranger.

from the way the one searcher in the video was slipping down the sides it looks like they have already drained quite a bit of water out... but it looks like a few more hours to get to the bottom based on experience with using a huge pump like that on my inground pool.

what a job...

and just to be "thorough"?

Maybe her lawyer advised her to write another one to make the other one invalid? Or maybe she thought of it on her own? Confusion has always been her strong suit when skirting legal issues IMO.

bbm
I'd be interested to know how one unrings a bell...?

Now for the graphically ugly question...if a body is in pieces (sorry!) and they are pumping the water from the pond, how do they collect that evidence? Are they straining the water from the pond as it is pumped out?

I also wondered about that while watching the video! :waitasec:

They probably have screens in the hose, to catch anything that might be evidence.

Is that 'pond" a sinkhole? Looks like they were walking straight down.

M.Kat

I wanted to let you know that when you asked the question about IQ and/or cognitive impairment in relation to a trial yesterday (I think it was yesterday) and Impatientredhead explained that it is a mitigating factor. (remember?)

Impatientredhead was correct of course! (she's the bomb on those type of things).

But I was looking up case law and appeals in NC, and what I found supports that a low IQ and/or cognitive impairment is not and if I'm interpretting correctly can not be used as a defense. It can be presented during sentencing to mitigate.

Just wanted to let you know what I found to support that info. I had about 10 links but you know it would just bog down the thread posting all kinds of unrelated cases that we would have to wade through to and read and then use our noggin's to compare and contrast.

JMHO and no links at this time. Just supporting another members answer to a question :)

OT-OT-OT
JMO....
I work with people who have been in jail, and those who are perhaps going.

2) I believe part of the problem is that many who probably would have in the past been in mental health facilities are now let out til they offend. I'm not saying anyone with a mental health issue belongs in jail, or in a mental health facility, but many people with serious issues that could cause harm to another are walking around out there.

Off my soapbox now.

That is a sad reality of our country in the last few decades -- severe budget cuts to mental health facilities and allowing anyone (no matter how psychotic they are) to refuse treatment unless they are an immediate danger to themselves or others. That is not always easy to prove so out the door they go and onto the streets until they commit a crime, and then they are in jail for life.

Like you, though, I believe EB needs to pay the price because even though she is a loaded fruitcake with extra nuts, she has enough sanity to comprehend right from wrong. This wasn't something she did once. She abused this little girl over and over again on a daily basis. So she knew what she was doing. She is not in a completely delusional state and I don't believe any psychiatrist would say she wasn't fit to stand trial. At least I hope.

Now for the graphically ugly question...if a body is in pieces (sorry!) and they are pumping the water from the pond, how do they collect that evidence? Are they straining the water from the pond as it is pumped out?

I'm having the same thoughts and wondering if there is some kind of screen in place. My heart is so heavy...even thinking this.

That is a sad reality of our country in the last few decades -- severe budget cuts to mental health facilities and allowing anyone (no matter how psychotic they are) to refuse treatment unless they are an immediate danger to themselves or others. That is not always easy to prove so out the door they go and onto the streets until they commit a crime, and then they are in jail for life.

Like you, though, I believe EB needs to pay the price because even though she is a loaded fruitcake with extra nuts, she has enough sanity to comprehend right from wrong. This wasn't something she did once. She abused this little girl over and over again on a daily basis. So she knew what she was doing. She is not in a completely delusional state and I don't believe any psychiatrist would say she wasn't fit to stand trial. At least I hope.

bbm

Can't wait to hear how she treated her own children growing up...

from the way the one searcher in the video was slipping down the sides it looks like they have already drained quite a bit of water out... but it looks like a few more hours to get to the bottom based on experience with using a huge pump like that on my inground pool.

what a job...

and just to be "thorough"?

It looks like they just brought in a bigger hose and a huge mega pump!

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25622423/index.html

It's hard to tell with the shadow & reflection of the tree's above...why, what do you think you see?

Well just beyond that ladder in pic#9 I see something rather large. :waitasec:
My mind is wondering if it's a reflection. Will wait and see if they air another chopper video. It can't take long to drain far enough down to see if It's what I think it is.

Picture # 9 COULD be the outline of a light coloured car but then again it is what we WANT to see, isn't it?

Thanks shefner I agree with what you've had to say too.

At the risk of having my behind lit up like a Christmas tree LOL.

I will even go so far as to say that it's a deficit of character too.

They never grew a moral compass...etc.

You know I've read where extensive therapy (years and years) can help some with certain PDs but the patient has to really want to change. Now see, the way I view it, a true diagnosis of mental illness is something that isn't cured by wanting to change. KWIM?

Again, I am sorry if this is off topic to the thread right now but I do think that EB (and AB if proven to be involved, not making a comment as to if he is or isn't, just that we haven't seen him indicted on any charges in relation as of yet) know the difference between right and wrong, are aware of reality (not psychotic) and purposely chose to act in a certain way.

JMHO at this point in time.

Let me just say that I do believe in mental illness as a solid defense and that the legal definition of "insane" is legalize and allows for more convictions but not all of those truly should have been convicted, if that makes sense. (I also do not believe INTENT is formed in seconds, for instance do you form the intent to blink or breath? no both actions happen without you thinking about it- I think some crimes are like that)

Mentally ill People like Andrea Yates truly had no control over their actions-even if they know right from wrong they have no ability to stop themselves for varying reasons.

Now I agree PD's are not legal excuses but I'm not sure if people like that know right from wrong and choose to ignore it or they simply don't see it as applying to them.

PDs go a long way to understand the WHY but they are not an excuse.

Actually it was "we really didn't kill her" (been all through double-checking the wording, because it has been reported and quoted both ways in various places), which could mean something like "REALLY, we DIDN'T, I SWEAR".

JMO

Yeah, her use of the English language is not very good. I think she meant, "We SERIOUSLY, did not kill her." Not, "We TECHNICALLY did not kill her." Which is what people are reading, IMO.

A few more thoughts on the note. This woman IMO!! is one of the sickest individuals I've come across. She is hitting on this person from jail? Really? She craves attention. She is such a sad human being. 42 and acts like a 12 year old.

Also, she should have taken her lawyers' advice and not said anything. She is incriminating herself left and right, yet she thinks she is getting out? She's delusional.

Oh my gosh I DO see what you are talking about. I just got a little sick to my stomach. Part of me wants it to be a reflection then the other part wants this baby girl to be found. Do we know what color the Monte Carlo was/is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member