NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - I don't know what is more entertaining: Your avatar (so cute) or your comment (one of my favorite descriptions).

Ohhh... I thought that was really her tat..HAHAHAHA! Seems my Sarcasometer is broken... lol ;)

Just showed the interview with EB"s father again...still no link up. It seems they lived with him at one point. Something else he said is that moved out of his house a year ago after an argument. He said he wouldn't want to fight either one of them. Didn't say where the father lives, but that would add another move to this family in the last year.

I'm afraid same will happen with the neighbors too just like the one who took the picture with the black eye.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-cops-search-wood-chipper-mulch/story?id=11868397

In Kindergarten a physical exam is required and shots must be up to date with documentation for a child to enter school. I'm sure her shot record was checked and possibly her medical records from Australia were requested. That would have been normal procedure.

KG exams are standard I think in all states. I'm curious what additional exams are required beyond KG and through grammer school for NC.

My only is in 2nd this year and I was surprised to learn of the new laws with requirements each year for dental and the eye exam being law for both KG and 2nd. I seem to vaguelly recall some required exams for 3rd in IL from way back when I was younger...... Unsure of what exams and in what grades those exams are required in NC.

Ohhh... I thought that was really her tat..HAHAHAHA! Seems my Sarcasometer is broken... lol ;)
LOLOL... when I read sarcasometer I was thinking... well at least it isn't your orgasometer that is broke... LOLOLOL

The poor kitties were probably just left at the trailer park in hopes that someone would take them in. Sadly it happens all the time.

Or given to the "puppies" as chew toys. Or other gruesome things that people do to dispose of animals they don't want. I know that's awful to think, but if SM were as cruel to Zahra as we're led to believe, why would she be any less cruel to kitties. :(

No matter how much you want to you can not just take a child, at best you might be able to call LE who could then have to CPS come. but taking the child makes you the criminal and the abuser becomes the victim.

Face the abuser and tell them you know what they are doing,call CPS, stay with the child- stand on the doorstep of the home, follow them where ever they go- make it clear you are watching, until help arrives, yell at the top of your lungs but don't break the law and lose your credibility and ability to help the child.

thinking out loud... was the august 9th picture the last known picture taken of Zahra?

Thank you carbuff for a well thought out viewpoint on the subject of the child welfare workers.

I respectfully bolded a sentence in your post above.

In every single state that I have lived in, every single one, that is one of the major problems. JMHO.

From what I've heard here, that is the number one issue in our county as well. :(

I caught that too and thought better not say what I want to say.

Then I'll say it. There is no way for a news organization to get "exclusive" rights to a photo without a formal agreement that involves "consideration" -- that's the legal term for payment, and no agreement is legally binding if it doesn't involve consideration.

I don't blame ABC News for paying for it, if BS (her initials, LOL!) wasn't willing to give it up without payment -- it's just too important not to get it out in the public eye. But I sure do blame BS for offering the photo to any party contingent upon payment. And it raises real questions about why she didn't provide the photo to police or child welfare officials right after she took it.

one article (whew... it is in one of these threads) said the lung cancer was a secondary cancer... oftentimes when treated with radiation and/or chemo you can develop a secondary cancer that is not the result of metastisis. For example, as a hodgkin's disease survivor myself, after having chemo and radiation, I am more likely to develop leukemia, lymphoma and breast cancer.

We don't know really what stage her cancers were (the lung or the bone) and there has been no reporting on if she was in remission. Bottom line to me though is that she was able to have beaten this thing so far... and she seemed to be the sort that takes the dis out of disability. Her family member stated that she got around faster on one leg than most people do on two.

What these monsters have done to this child that had so very much ahead of her and such a sparkle about her... it is unspeakable. It is unforgivable. I hope that more comes to light on her actual cancer battle. You would be surprised at how many of us childhood~diagnosed cancer survivors there are. Many of us can lick it. I always say that I am glad I got cancer as a child because I wouldn't have been able to fight it so fearlessly as an adult.

sorry for the ramble :)

I'm very glad to hear that you're a survivor!! Hugs to you! :)

I get to work, on occasion, with kids going through treatment and have had the honor of doing so since my teens and they are the most amazing kids. There's so much strength and grace it's incredible. (when i was a ballet dancer i was invited to go visit and hang out with the kids in costume every couple of months and i kept just visiting and volunteering after i retired. sometimes it's so sad, but more often than not there are handprints on your heart each and every time.) I completely agree they fight fearlessly and tirelessly. Nothing in my life seems as big after being around these powerhouse angels. I am sure I wouldn't have near the strength they do.

I hadn't read that the lung cancer was unrelated. This thread moved so fast I missed that entirely. Osteo can met into soft tissue so I assumed. My bad.

I do wonder about her current status...not that it matters much at this point, but it may say something of the home situation if she were experiencing rapid deterioration from an undiagnosed relapse. (more likely sm is just evil and it has nothing to do with medical history, past or current...)

ETA: Thanks for finding the article. Reading now.

That link is only for home school. Any link for public school since we know Zahra did spend at least part of the 09/10 school year enrolled in public school?

tia

Zahra was enrolled and went to school in September 2010?

Respectfully snipped. Technically there has been nothing released in the media to indicate this child was not still in remission while she was being brutally abused by her SM. Until and unless information is released to indicate she was no longer in remission we'll have to believe she was in fact still in remission. However, your post brings up a thought... With as sick as this SM was, it would not surprise me if the child had not had proper medical care from the time she moved to the states to know whether or not her cancer had returned. Ontop of all this child had to endure the thought is terribly depressing.... thud.

Now I am wondering... and I hate to even think this... would there be a way to determine if her cancer had returned considering how her remains are expected to be found? I can't bare to write it any differently.

BBM: I don't think it would be possible from a very small DNA sample to determine when exactly she had relapsed. I do think it would be possible to determine if she had, and if she had with a different form of cancer, or if something else was going on entirely.

If there were a larger DNA sample, I think things might be different.

I agree. She looks unwell overall, even her usually bright smile and sparkly eyes seem kind of dim in this photo. She actually looks a little jaundiced. I wonder if she became very sick and they didn't get treatment for her. OMG, that poor baby. Whatever it was, it was horrible. :(

The photo is actually consistent with a child currently undergoing chemotherapy. Head covering to hide missing hair, bruising, swollen face from reaction to drugs, looking generally unwell, and "feeling down" as described by the photographer/photo-seller. However, given that the date has been specified as August 9 of this year, that can't have been the explanation, because it's been quite a long time since she last underwent chemotherapy.

Just showed the interview with EB"s father again...still no link up. It seems they lived with him at one point. Something else he said is that moved out of his house a year ago after an argument. He said he wouldn't want to fight either one of them. Didn't say where the father lives, but that would add another move to this family in the last year.

Oh my word...I can't imagine every going up against my dad (simply out of respect) or him having to think of "fighting" me and that he would be afraid to fight me! :eek:

Of course, my dad's 6'6" and about 250. But still...even if he were a little runt, I can't imagine it!

Zahra was enrolled and went to school in September 2010?
I think she meant the 2009/2010 school year... which she did attend. Her hearing resource teacher is the one who told her about the hearing aid giveaway last May. (the event was May 11th 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member