NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a "Brittany" who is pictured on EB's Myspace holding Zahra. She is identified as Zahra's "step sister". I posted the photo last night. I'll try to find it.

Joe for some reason I was thinking this family (extended on both sides) had 2 Brittany's. One might be a step sister and the other is the one that was married to someone in the family. Did I get that right or am I confused? :)

*Warning morbid thought.

Many hits...not conclusive. Makes me think bits and pieces, and waiting on tests.

that was my thought as well.

Found it!

l_0983034997f745c495b45e3f821c36a4.jpg

Zahra and step sister Brittany.

What does it mean when there are many hits, but they aren't conclusive? How can you have hits, but they aren't solid evidence. :waitasec:

the dogs have indicated the presences of human remains

nothing has been collected (at least that they are commenting on publicly) that could conclusively be identified as Zahra (despite overwhelming suspicion)

Hey all! I'm still sorta new here! I followed along intensely with the Morgan Harrington case, and this sweet little Zahra has captured my attention and heart in the same way. Bless these two sweet girls.

That said, there's something I was thinking of as I went to bed last night (and these threads are moving SO FAST that I haven't caught up with Thread #6 yet -- forgive me if this has already been brought up (but I'm doubting it has, as it's a bit "out there":crazy:)

I'm wondering where AB & the SM met online?? I know this doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things BUT, what I'm curious about it this:

I read SM's MySpace where she is complaining (bragging even??) that she's had brain cancer 3 times along with another disease. I also read in an article linked in thread #5 (sorry I don't have the link now!) that she (step mom) would put her kids in wheelchairs and pretend they were sick.
Now, my hypothesis is this: what if Step-Mom was drawn to AB online because he had this sick child. Like, she saw $$$ -- through charities, fundraisers, etc. Like she finally found a "real" sick kid who she could exploit. One could get the idea that SM is an attention wh0re in the video for the hearing aid fitting (ie. there were MANY people that day -- why did they feature Zahra so heavily? -- was SM angling with the news-reporters for attention?? (they also refer to SM as Zahra's mother, nothing about "step-mom")
What about if this is a case of Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (link to wiki page -- hope that's okay!)?? Perhaps SM was making little Zahra "sick" to evoke more sympathy for the girl?? Maybe it got out of hand and Zahra died due to this maltreatment? They (SM & AB) don't know what to do for a month (six weeks??) (sorta like Casey Anthony??) and so they pull this kidnapping/ransom nonsense??

Sorry... I'm a bit all over the place with this. I'm just finding this story truly horrific and compelling. I can't get that sweet girl out of my mind. Any thoughts on what I've written here are welcome. I may be really out of line with this, but I think there is WAY more that will be coming out in the days/weeks ahead.

-Liv

Joe for some reason I was thinking this family (extended on both sides) had 2 Brittany's. One might be a step sister and the other is the one that was married to someone in the family. Did I get that right or am I confused? :)

Yes, Brittany Starbuck=Zahra's step sister (the one holding Zarha in the photo and talking on the Facebook page).

Brittany Bentley=Elisa's nephew's wife, the woman speaking to the press. HTH.

Is that brittany in the picture with Zahra an adult or minor?

The other one is Brittany Bentley, who is married to EB's nephew. I haven't seen a photo of her, but she was interviewed yesterday on CBS's morning show. There's probably a video of that somewhere.

Bentley accused EB of threatening her life and the life of her child recently. Those charges were suspended, but can still be refiled, AFAIK.

What does it mean when there are many hits, but they aren't conclusive? How can you have hits, but they aren't solid evidence. :waitasec:

I guess the same way a Sheriff can "think" the father is not co-operating.

makes no sense.

It might be that they are getting hits but not finding what triggered the hit. (or the dogs are not as solidly trained as some others might be)

I hope Brittany Starbuck is not a minor

I think all kindergartners should be educated about abuse. Sexual and physical/verbal abuse. (age appropriate terms on the sexual).

Give them examples. Tell them they have rights. That no one (young or adult) has the right to hit them, lock them in a room for day, yell and scream bad words at them, etc. and if this happens, that no matter what they need to tell a trusted adult. Even if it's a family member, even if they are threatened not to tell anyone, they need to tell someone because no one has the right to touch them in an uncomfortable way or to hit them, hurt them, verbally abuse them.

I probably could word it better, but you know what I mean.

I think it would really help with abuse. Many abuse victims don't realize that it's abuse. They just know it's their life.

I found a Brittany Starbuck on FB and her hometown is Hickory... her profile pic looks to be of her and Zahra in sunglasses... never seen that shot before.

I guess the same way a Sheriff can "think" the father is not co-operating.

makes no sense.

It might be that they are getting hits but not finding what triggered the hit. (or the dogs are not as solidly trained as some others might be)

WARNING - GRAPHIC!

just a guess, since we are discussing a large area of wood, debris, mulch etc that was spat out by a wood chipper, any remains would be er dispersed over a very large area. If the chippers had been used prior to the dispersal of remains, the evidence would be quite literally all over, under, beneath, among the mulch.

There may be minute evidence that is not identifiable with the naked eye but certainly picked up by the trained cadaver dogs. Since they are used to hitting on one specific area (body) the dogs may be a bit confused as they can smell decomp, but it is widely dispersed amongst the mulch.

Sorry :(

I asked someone I know who worked for the ME office in another state if remains are found, how much or how long does it take to identify who's they could be. He told me he wasn't sure, but tests are so comprehensive now that the smallest bit of DNA on something can be tested and linked to a particular person. He stated it could take some time, though, depending on the resources available.

I hope Brittany Starbuck is not a minor

I can't see her b'day on her FB page (it's private) but you can see her likes and she seems to be not a minor. I can't say for sure tho.

TY Impatientredhead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member