NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Investigators searching a new spot in Burke Co. for missing girl's remains. Live report on #WSOC starting at 5. 1 minute ago via web

I found a Brittany Starbuck on FB and her hometown is Hickory... her profile pic looks to be of her and Zahra in sunglasses... never seen that shot before.

Is there an age given there, Elphaba?

Update: Investigators searching a new spot in Burke Co. for missing girl's remains. Live report on #WSOC starting at 5.

the dogs have indicated the presences of human remains

nothing has been collected (at least that they are commenting on publicly) that could conclusively be identified as Zahra (despite overwhelming suspicion)

Warning: morbid.....

Couldn't evidence from the wood chipper itself be collected to be conclusively identified as Zahra? I mean, it is unlikely the wood chipper could be cleaned well enough to eliminate all traces of evidence.

Are all the possible pc's of machinery currently held as evidence and being looked over by forensics with a fine tooth comb?

tia

What does it mean when there are many hits, but they aren't conclusive? How can you have hits, but they aren't solid evidence. :waitasec:

The dogs have probably alerted but they haven't found any actual remains for confirmation. The same would be true with blood. LE has made a visual of what looks to be blood. It must then be tested, id'd as belonging to Zahra and small amounts don't prove death.

If they were clearing brush last night my guess is they are looking for a burial in addition to working on the wood chippers. Because of the fire at the home that involved the mulch pile that makes me believe she was put in the wood chipper and then they tried to burn the remains down to ashes.

Hadn't seen this picture before. It's from BS's MySpace.
Whatta cutie! :innocent:

-Liv

Attachments

• zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 75

Couldn't evidence from the wood chipper itself be collected to be conclusively identified as Zahra? I mean, it is unlikely the wood chipper could be cleaned well enough to eliminate all traces of evidence.

Are all the possible pc's of machinery currently held as evidence and being looked over by forensics with a fine tooth comb?

tia

Yes, they could pull dna from the chipper, if there is dna on it. It doesn't take much at all.

I found a Brittany Starbuck on FB and her hometown is Hickory... her profile pic looks to be of her and Zahra in sunglasses... never seen that shot before.

Does it say how old she it? I'm going to remove the photo above of her and Zahra until we figure out how old she is. I thought somewhere I read that she was older and no longer lived with her mom - but I don't remember where I saw that - perhaps in the interview with the son?

Salem

If we establish that BS is over 18, I'll put the picture back.

ETA: Joe and ImpatientRedhead answered this question above.

Does it say how old she it? I'm going to remove the photo above of her and Zahra until we figure out how old she is. I thought somewhere I read that she was older and no longer lived with her mom - but I don't remember where I saw that - perhaps in the interview with the son?

Salem

If we establish that BS is over 18, I'll put the picture back.

Salem, she's 21, according to her myspace page.

I swore I'd get something done during daylight hours today since I sat here like a lump all day yesterday, so I'm gonna get off my duff and get busy. See you guys later tonight, and hopefully we'll hear they've found the evidence they need to go forward with charges in this case.

Just a reminder to everyone to reduce names to initials, please. It is not necessary to do so when directly quoting from a newspaper, but should be done at all other times.

Thanks,

Salem

tia

The testing for blood and dna to match to Zahra takes time. Waiting :sick:

I wouldn't take that as proof of her age. I know 13 year olds who have their age listed as 21 on myspace. JMO

I know an 11 year old who has one so I agree. And no it's not my daughter/son.

tia

yes, they can collect all levels of evidence from the machine and mulch, but at this stage of the game while you waited for results and comparisons you would still be at "dogs have hit but we have not conclusive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee