NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, additional chart information from Soulscape, and it's not any better news. Zahra has her own thread at the Forensic Astrology Forum now. No date of disappearance though so who can say when the event occurred.

Furious the more sordid details come out. Would the DP be on the table for this horrid murder of a health disadvantaged 10 yr old child?

Just wanted to post some of the article out so we can follow it.

Fair Use

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/14/AR2010101400766.html

Snip
She's upset about being held in jail. She's upset about being away from her family," he said.

That portrait of the concerned stepmother contradicts how relatives and former neighbors described Baker. They said in interviews and court documents that she was nasty-tempered and violent and often took her rage out on Zahra.

"She was always beating her," former neighbor Karen Yount said Tuesday. "I told her to stop but she wouldn't listen to anyone. That poor girl."
Snip

FYI, additional chart information from Soulscape, and it's not any better news. Zahra has her own thread at the Forensic Astrology Forum now. No date of disappearance though so who can say when the event occurred.

Furious the more sordid details come out. Would the DP be on the table for this horrid murder of a health disadvantaged 10 yr old child?

Horrible details are emerging. I sit and cry as I read this. Did nobody care about this child? I don't know if I missed it, but why didn't anyone else call the F & C Services?

I would guess the DP would be on the table due to the henious nature of this crime. There is a disabled child with cancer who has been abused. Nobody seems to report her missing and she has not been seen, only by her father and step mom.

I am praying we find her soon.

Goz

Horrible details are emerging. I sit and cry as I read this. Did nobody care about this child? I don't know if I missed it, but why didn't anyone else call the F & C Services?

I would guess the DP would be on the table due to the henious nature of this crime. There is a disabled child with cancer who has been abused. Nobody seems to report her missing and she has not been seen, only by her father and step mom.

I am praying we find her soon.

Goz

Some family members are claiming they had contacted the authorities about her brutal treatment towards Zahra but due to the families constant relocation, it was hard to track apparently.

What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course). What's with the skulls on the front veranda? I know the SM was a 'goth' but holy moly, they would scare the neighborhood kids away. Creepy.

Quite right, ofcourse I'm no expert here, but someone was and detailed the entire process of marriage and immigration from Australia to States on this site. Very much an energy and time consuming process, not to mention, a process that requires the sponsor to be law abiding, gainfully employed able to meet needs (including medical), etc. They had really good info, too tired to go back right now, but maybe author will repost. But at any rate, your right, I will bet every last dollar I own these people never expended one dime on this childs health care , or clothes for that matter. Of the 15 or so pictures of her, at least 10 she is wearing the same clothes, or combination of same clothes. Everyone is quite right, prosthesis are very painful, or can be. Our Vets are (for the most part) getting really up to date custom fits, but they are grown. This is a child going through a growth spirt, age 10 - 14 growing.... I'm willing to bet that Z was never fitted for a new prosthesis since before she left Australia. Thats been 2 years, and a long time for a growing child. If she hasn't been refitted, then I imagine she was in a great deal of pain, might explain why in every photo where she is standing up straight, left leg is very straight, there is no telling what was going on with her left leg, in my experience as a nurse absolutely terrible things happen to a stump. I'm sick beyond words. This child fought a battle most adults can't win, bone ca and mets to lungs is a death sentence. She was in remission, and by the little we see, was looking healthy, if not sad, ( with her little closed mouth, not quite smilling eyes), and 2 yrs in remission is what every cancer survivor wishes for. It's like the holy grail. It makes the 5 year survival rate even greater for your chance of survival. Believe me, it's a HUGE deal. When you look at all the pictures, you can tell when she was 8-9 and 9-10. ( these in the States), next month she will be 11, the last photos with the white sheet back drop look pretty much current, along with the cell phone pic, I would bet they are some of the last. This wasn't due to medications, since I would bet everything I own that this child has not seen a physician, this was abuse pure and simple. Wow, kind of wish I'd never stumbled across all this, it really hurts, alot, you people are great, kuddos, I have read things here that beat out MSM by a day or more. Sorry for the rant, caught off guard with emotion, it's just SOO unfair sometimes, this little warrior fought so hard to live, and was brought down by the weakest among us.

Exactly what my heart is saying too.. thank you for your post.

Just heard nothing was found in the pond that they drained in Morganton per WSOC-tv. http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html Searchers are very upset "nothing" was found. I am so confused and upset. How can "nothing" be found when the dogs hit on the brush pile and the woodchipper? When will this madness end?

Welcome to all the newbies and thank you all for joining and posting. Hopefully Zahra will be found today.

our local news team on last nights vigil and the updates from yesterday.. one lil girl started to cry.. my throat lumped up :(www.wlos.com

HICKORY --
The disappearance of Zahra Clare Baker has devastated her family and friends in Australia.

The Townsville Bulletin, a newspaper published near Zahra’s former home in Giru, Queensland, reports Zahra’s grandmother, Karen Baker, and close family friend, Kim Wright, “spent many an hour with the bubbly Wagga-born girl in the four years she was growing up in Giru,” the Bulletin reported.

A snapshot of Zahra

• Born 2000 in Wagga, Queensland, Australia
• 2001, father and mother divorce.
• In 2004, moved with her father to the North Queesnland township of Giru.
• 2005, diagnosed with a form of bone cancer that led to hearing loss and amputation of lower left leg.
• 2007, diagnosed with secondary lung cancer.
• 2008, cancer was declared in remission.
• 2008, moved to North Carolina with her father and new stepmother.
• 2010, approximately early September, moved with father and stepmother from Granite Falls area to Hickory.
• 2010, Oct. 9, reported missing from Hickory home.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/family-friends-australia-love-bubbly-zahra-ar-455651/

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Police-return-to-Burke-County-search-site-104880109.html

Crews search pond for Zahra Baker, come up empty

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Updated today at 11:59 PM

BURKE COUNTY, N.C. -- Late Wednesday afternoon, firetrucks arrived at an area that police and canine units have been searching in connection with the disappearance of Zahra Baker. Crews unrolled hoses and started draining a pond on the property they've been searching for the past two days.

What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course).

I'm from Charlotte, not Hickory, but am familiar with it. It's a pretty small town, definitely not a big city feel at all. It looks like (from pictures and interviews) they are pretty much in the country/rural part. I'd say it's pretty middle to lower income, but that's just my thought. I do know a couple people who live up there and they are middle-high income, but I don't think that is the norm.

I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

Sooo will you be singing Karaoke?

The passports... it seems odd to me that they were in a vehicle. Why would someone carry passports around in a vehicle unless they expected to need them on the fly, or had recently used them? I don't think anyone in the family had recently been out of the country, so that leaves someone planning on a need to fly - quickly. It seems to point to a crime that happened a while back, and there was idiotic planning that involved a ridiculous ransom note to "throw LE off" the case, with plans to bolt at some point. Guess LE was smarter than they figured. I would be focusing recovery efforts around the last address they lived at.

BBM

You hit the nail on the head. It's idiotic. I mean, really

1) It's 2 pm in the afternoon. You realize your daughter isn't in the house. Why would you run out into the yard screaming to your husband that your daughter is missing ? Why wouldn't you just walk out into the yard and say "Have you seen her ? She's not in the house."

2) If both are involved in this crime, why on earth go to all the trouble of the ransom note, gas in the vehicle, fire in the yard, screaming outdoors, and report a missing child to 911 ? Why even bother ?

According to a news interview, none of these neighbors had ever even seen her. Ever. In the 6 weeks they lived there.
Also, part of the family has been estranged for over a year.

So if anyone *were* to ask about her whereabouts, they could simply say she went back to Australia to live with her biological Mother (who, by the way, has been looking for her for the past 5 years.) No one would be the wiser.

It appears to me to be Munchausen Syndrome, and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. In the extreme.
And not to be used as a defense. It's not an excuse for bad (severe) behaviour.

If a w/c is indeed involved in this case, I think that tens of thousands of people will have moments of silence in her honor.

moo, etc ~~~~

Some family members are claiming they had contacted the authorities about her brutal treatment towards Zahra but due to the families constant relocation, it was hard to track apparently.

What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course). What's with the skulls on the front veranda? I know the SM was a 'goth' but holy moly, they would scare the neighborhood kids away. Creepy.

Hickory is a town of approx 40,000 people. Just like most other towns... you have your upper, middle and, lower income areas. The area that she lived in, commonly known as Viewmont, is mostly upper and middle incomes. They lived in a rental house that was right behind the Clark tire. It really is an excellent area to live. I am 11 streets north of that road.

I am the person who originally posted about the Green Card application process for foreigners who marry American citizens. For those interested, I dug up my earlier posts, quoted below, and edited them to underline a couple of points people have queried here. The biggest clue to me that AB never applied for a Green Card for himself or his daughter is the date he and EB married, by my reckoning more than a year after he came here. They came in on a tourist visa and never went home is my thought, looks like if he did leave the country in the meantime border Immigration officials have failed to pick up that he overstayed.

There are several ways for them to have come here. To do it legally, given that he was in a relationship with the step-mother, she could have filed a petition with USCIS for him (and any minor children) to come on a fiance's visa. He would simultaneously file with his local US Embassy. The drawback to that is that he would be ineligible to travel to the US while the petition was pending and that process can take up to a year and more. Once here they would have to be married within 90 days of his arrival. The other way (and the way I did it) would be for him to come here on an ordinary visitor's visa and, once again, as long as they were married within 90 days of his arrival, they would be able to jointly file the various residency petitions. It involves a MOUNTAIN of paperwork, various interviews, biometrics, background checks by the FBI, medical exams etc and it isn't cheap! Average processing time around 9 months. The drawback to that is he would be unable to work for at least several months whilst awaiting a work permit and be ineligible to travel OUT of the US in the interim so he would have to have all his affairs in his home country sorted out and have the financial wherewithal to survive until he was eligible to work.

Effectively, her part of the petition either way would involve her agreeing to accept responsibility for supporting him (them) and paying for (providing insurance for) their medical care for at least 7 years, I'm not absolutely sure but I'm pretty sure they would NOT be eligible for medicare or social security benefits during that time either. The Green Card which is initially issued is for two years and conditional. To have the conditions lifted they have to file again after 2 years and prove that they are still married and living together, that they have joint financial commitments etc, basically another MOUNTAIN of paperwork, MORE fees and jumping through of the same hoops as the initial petition.

All the info I've read in the news reports so far about the fraudulent check warrants for the SM, the constant moving around of this family, the need for at least some kind of medical support for Zahra is making me wonder if Baker and Zahra had any legal resident status here at all. As I pointed out in an earlier thread the process for getting permanent residency (green card) status here is far from simple and and far from cheap, not to mention the sponsor has to agree to provide whatever medical care/insurance cover is necessary for up to 7 years. From what I'm seeing of the step-mother with the fraudulent check charges etc she does not appear to be a financially stable or responsible person who would be able to provide USCIS with the assurances they'd need for adequate medical coverage especially in Zahra's case.

The other thing is, the background checks carried out on the applying resident alien are extensive and intensive but it is not well-known that the person sponsoring them is also subject to background checks. The thing is, if the sponsor has any history of arrests or convictions for drug use or domestic violence those would be a major bar to having the petition granted. Baker and the step-mom wouldn't necessarily know any of what is involved in the Green Card process until they got the forms and information from USCIS. I'm thinking it's possible that Baker and Zahra came here on a tourist visa and just never went home which might be another reason for the family's constant house moves.

Hope that's helpful. Edited to add: the penalties for providing false info on the applications or even just visitor visa forms are pretty stiff as I recall, up to 5 years in prison and/or fines of $20000. And regarding retaining bank accounts and any income, pensions and the like, from the home country, legally they would have to be declared on US income tax returns every year.

:dance:
I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

Sooo will you be singing Karaoke?

i'll sing when the lights are out for evil personified...aka SM...

but yep.. i like the cold weather.. i got fans going and doors and windows open...
just sent my lil punkin off on the Lil Bus.. hugs and kisses all the way even if she had to do a drop.. which means in Ds terms.. she just stops and doesnt move..i

i just let her sit unless it was in a parking lot or something dangerous.
She doenst sit for long.. she loves her momma tooo much..:) we do alot of smoochin and huggin and gigglin
I have learned ya just cant get angry at lil kids specially special needs, besides her thought processes arent the same..

Dear God. Please let this come to a close soon and find ur Angel Zahra.. :angel:Thank you

Just read the FB and myspace....on the FB the wall has nearly no responses, just posts by her..if friends leave an account do their posts disappear too? I'm just curious because it seems to be the most isolated FB account I've ever seen, just her posting to herself. ODD.

Just read the FB and myspace....on the FB the wall has nearly no responses, just posts by her..if friends leave an account do their posts disappear too? I'm just curious because it seems to be the most isolated FB account I've ever seen, just her posting to herself. ODD.

can u give me a link to her page?

and everyone probably knew she was bats

Facebook page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads