NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NancyA,

I wanted to thank you for your posts regarding immigration. I read another member's post regarding the subject last night that was incorrect, but was relunctant to correct it. Thank you so much for doing so. I can confirm, from experience, that NancyA is correct is this matter. Immigration to the US is expensive, time consuming, and there are many, many hoops and red tape involved.

My pleasure. Should also point out the whole process is very stressful with uncertainty about your status even if you have nothing to hide and you do everything right, I didn't relax fully, worrying about being deported for missing a box or checking the wrong one or some document getting lost, until the conditions were lifted on my Green Card.

This is another black mark, like he needs one, against AB in my book, for those of us who do it the hard - LEGAL - way, illegals 'p' us off big style. It's not so much what choices they make for themselves re breaking the law, not to mention living with the constant fear of being discovered and deported, but when they involve their minor children, who have no choice, in such an insecure and precarious lifestyle, whereby those kids have NO official status to the point they can spend years here and having to keep the family 'secret' and one day find they will never be able to go to college or work legally and also have to live with the fear of being deported to a country they do not remember, now THAT is inexcusable.

I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

Sooo will you be singing Karaoke?

Good morning Peli.. My oldest daughter and my grandson live in Asheville too..
Do you think they will arrest the father soon?

i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often :blushing:

I was thinking yesterday that I hope they aren't monitoring my internet use at work. Both Tuesday and Wednesday I had WS open all day. And I was probably reading the Zahra threads for five hours. NOT GOOD from a work perspective!!!

Morning all. I was so hoping for some news when I got up this morning. ***sigh***

Let's hope today is the day they find beautiful little Zahra

OT.......I went to Ashville a few years ago, it is beautiful country. Went to the Biltmore and ate some really good bbq place called fat buddies I think....i hope we get some news today on Zahra, poor thing :angel:

OT: LOOOOVE your sig picture!!! :)

Thanks to whomever posted the fbook link.

Just scanned through all of her posts (thanks alot OCD). She did communicate with a select few people, mostly Brittany S. There was one comment made about her "married name" that really shows what a short fuse the woman had, even on facebook. She also played some sort of marijuana growing/smoking game on there. Didn't even know that existed! She joined fbook in January of this year and her last post was in July. Not much activity at all after March.

Only one or two of the people she regularly interacted with have taken her side. Nobody actually says she is innocent and none of the typical "there was no way she could have done this" stuff.

Whew, back to work.

I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

I believe they were back there questioning neighbors but I haven't heard of any searches there.

Good morning all! Sounds like I didn't miss much of anything last night :(

That SM was a time bomb waiting to happen. I mean, what about her could possibly make AB think she would be a good stepmother to his child? I know love is often blind, but in this case it seems to be deaf and mute too.

I saw the pic of Zahra with the soldier (Aussie, right?), and I almost cried. A person who risks their lives for their country with a girl who survived so much in her short life. At least if the soldier dies, it's protecting his country. It's a noble death. There's nothing noble about being abused and then put through a woodchipper. She deserved so much more than she got after all she went through. I can't get over just how horrendous the end of her life was. It isn't fair that SM still gets to breathe while Zahra can't anymore. It just broke my heart. God, please help them find her. Please help bring this SM from hell to justice!

Zahra was just too bright for you, SM. Her pureness and innocence just never sat right with you since you are so very opposite of everything Zahra was. And she still continues to shine while you wither in darkness.

ETA: Are they doing more searches today? Are they still updating us twice a day?

Crown Vics were headed back up interstate toward Morganton this morning. :(

I missed the FB link. Can someone post it again?

Good morning all! Sounds like I didn't miss much of anything last night :(

That SM was a time bomb waiting to happen. I mean, what about her could possibly make AB think she would be a good stepmother to his child? I know love is often blind, but in this case it seems to be deaf and mute too.

I saw the pic of Zahra with the soldier (Aussie, right?), and I almost cried. A person who risks their lives for their country with a girl who survived so much in her short life. At least if the soldier dies, it's protecting his country. It's a noble death. There's nothing noble about being abused and then put through a woodchipper. She deserved so much more than she got after all she went through. I can't get over just how horrendous the end of her life was. It isn't fair that SM still gets to breathe while Zahra can't anymore. It just broke my heart. God, please help them find her. Please help bring this SM from hell to justice!

Zahra was just too bright for you, SM. Her pureness and innocence just never sat right with you since you are so very opposite of everything Zahra was. And she still continues to shine while you wither in darkness.

ETA: Are they doing more searches today? Are they still updating us twice a day?

My thoughts exactly...

I went to bed early last night so I am way behind. I think a whole thread and a half behind. Anyway as I was trying to go to sleep I was thinking about that woodchipper and all the hits from the dogs. This may have been mentioned before (so much info) but is it possible that the blood the dogs may be hitting on is from bloody clothing the
perp(s) wore? Maybe they tried to get rid of evidence in several places? I mean I just do not want to believe that a father would put his own daughter in a woodchipper. It's possible but I don't want to believe it and if her poor body was put in there I'm sure he would have had to do it. No one would question him being around that woodchipper but for her to be there and operating it ... huge red flag ... know what I mean? It's bad enough this poor sweet girl is gone. AB betrayed ZB and the love and trust she had for him.

Baker's court-appointed attorney, Scott Reilly, said she was "scared to death" and very emotional about everything.
"She's upset about being held in jail. She's upset about being away from her family," he said.

Hi new to this case but I have been following the Kiesha Abrahams case.

Point I noticed in that article is what is quoted as the step mother saying.... NO mention of being upset the Zahra is missing ???????

JMO :beagle::detective:

Good morning Peli.. My oldest daughter and my grandson live in Asheville too..
Do you think they will arrest the father soon?

Em, I was wondering the same thing.....what are they waiting for?

I was hoping that he had nothing to do with it but....IMO, it's not looking too good for him.

JMO of course

Not sure if this one has been posted yet - still trying to catch up. This was a trip to the NC mountains, apparently last winter (posted to FB January of 2010).

Attachments

• zahramtns.jpg
    zahramtns.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics