Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen any connection between Owens and Misty's boyfriend. Its been stated that Misty's boyfriend was abusive. Its likely that while Zebb's aunt was at Misty's house Misty's boyfriend forced Misty to break into the aunts house while no one was home. I think Misty's boyfriend paged Zebb. When I was stalked I had a system set up with my family that if they ever received a message from me with a certain number, they would know he was after me again. I believe Misty was forced to page Zebb from his aunts number, and she may have included a similar message after typing in the aunts return number (which would acct for why Zebb was so upset when he left Jason). When Zebb called back the boyfriend answered and threatened to kill Misty if he didn't leave her alone. As Zebb sped towards the aunts house, he may have been still deciphering the text and not watching the road, or was so upset that he slammed into Jason's car accidentally. He took off in a rush to the aunts home, hoping to help Misty at which point I believe the boyfriend killed Zebb, placed the puppy in the car and wrote on the window. The lips may imply that he knew Zebb had kissed his girlfriend. (guessing). I believe that the boyfriend threatened the life of Misty's child if she did not help him. The aunt was a by-standard as was Jason. Its plausible that Zebb was told to leave town and knowing he wouldn't be back for his next shift asked Jason to call in to work for him. I don't think Jason would have been stupid enough to call Zebbs work, pretend to be Zebb and lie without blocking his number. For me it continues to come back to Misty and her boyfriend. I'm also not convinced that the car that was driving around that the couple saw was Zebb's. That seems counter productive to murdering the cars owner. Plus, her family would have seen her driving the car as would others since he'd been missing for almost two weeks by that time and Asheville was his hometown. Obviously it was someone who knew the details of his life, and I'm guessing Misty was the one to supply these details to her boyfriend.
Police Dept & FBI:
1. Is it possible to track the numbers called from the gas station payphone from the night Zebb got the page?
2. Is it possible to track the numbers dialed onto the pager?
3. Were fingerprints taken at the aunts house?
4. Was DNA ever taken from the lipstick used on the car window?
5. Is it possible to take another look at the jacket in the car that didn't below to Zebb. (Today's technology may be able to test for skin cells) I'm still surprised the only hair would have been Zebb's. Unless the jacket had been recently purchased without anyone's knowledge.
6. I believe the hotel key was used by Misty and her boyfriend. What I don't understand is why a hotel in any of the surrounding areas wouldn't call in had they seen Zebb staying at that hotel. Especially if he and Misty had been meeting there regularly. (which I don't think they did.) Someone else used that car after Zebb disappeared. There has to be fingerprints or DNA in the car from someone other than Zebb.
7. Where did Misty's boyfriend live? Was he a local? If not, is it possible that he got the puppy in HIS hometown rather than from an Asheville pet store?
May be worth taking another look.

I really don't think the LE in this area care enough to submit his case. Sad but true.

I used to live in the area, and I was told a long time ago that politics was an issue in this case regarding search warrants etc

Imo, I think whatever happened was an accident, and someone panicked. I hope one day zebb is found so his family can have some closure, this was always a baffling case.

This case is just so puzzling to me. Do you think that it could have been a practical joke taken way too far? The drawing of the lips and the dog could have been placed there as a distraction or the dog could have been a present for Misty and was left in the car. Have there been other cases where a pair of lips have been drawn on car windows? Those 2 things were either deliberately put there or they have to correlate to something.

I'm watching this case on "Disappeared" right now. What a sad story.

I hope there will be justice for Zebb and his family.

This whole thing reminds me a bit of that damn Serial podcast.

Misty's BF is the "Adnan" -- he makes the most sense as the killer, since he's got an obvious motive (Misty was two-timing him with the victim), but as far as I know there's not a single scrap of evidence tying him to it. Yet most of the "theories" I've read seem to center on him.

Owens, meanwhile, is the "Jay" -- shady as hell, his story doesn't add up, and there's actual evidence tying him to the crime, as he was the last person seen in Zebb's company before he vanished, and has injuries he has no good explanation for. Yet most theories that involve him only add him in as an accomplice. We ignore the actual evidence because the "story" doesn't make sense.

I just don't understand why they would "kill" him. What was the gain of his "death?" Owens definitely had something to do with it...

Approaching 15 years.
Sure am hoping this is the year.

Same here. There has to be some new evidence! That's crazy that it has been almost 15 years!

I wonder if Katie's hair actually COULD be connected to Misty, Owens or the boyfriend somehow. I highly doubt it at this point.

Anyways, my gut tells me that we at least know Katie probably passed away at this point. She was 12 when the disappeared episode aired and would have been 14 or 15 by this time of year. That's quite old for a lab if she is still alive. If she isn't. R.I.P. - she's pretty much the only being in this mess that got a happy ending.

Today marks the 15th anniversary of Zebb's Quinn Disappearance. I still have hope that this case is solvable.

Saw this story at reddit today and a week or so ago, as well. I had already watched the "Disappeared" ep once a couple years ago, and just watched it again today and read through this thread. Fifteen years with no answers as of today and so frustrating because this case seems absolutely solvable if anyone actually wanted it solved. There are so many things that could/should have been followed up on and pursued more aggressively. I agree with all the other folks here that this is one of the oddest cases I have ever encountered, it's just really bizarre. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones and his poor mother who deserves answers and some kind of closure.

Saw this story at reddit today and a week or so ago, as well. I had already watched the "Disappeared" ep once a couple years ago, and just watched it again today and read through this thread. Fifteen years with no answers as of today and so frustrating because this case seems absolutely solvable if anyone actually wanted it solved. There are so many things that could/should have been followed up on and pursued more aggressively. I agree with all the other folks here that this is one of the oddest cases I have ever encountered, it's just really bizarre. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones and his poor mother who deserves answers and some kind of closure.

I thought the police left Misty and her BF off the hook too quickly. They should've pushed for more. I hope someone finally grows a conscience and tells what happened to him.

I thought the police left Misty and her BF off the hook too quickly. They should've pushed for more. I hope someone finally grows a conscience and tells what happened to him.

Agreed - though I believe they are high on the list, maybe just not enough evidence....yet. Those two, along with the 'friend' did this - and for what, couple of hundred/thousand dollars? So Ina (aunt, who I suspect has info but doesn't want to be involved), Misty, Wes and Owens - it's coming, hope you're prepared.

Interesting to see the area where his car was found . . . snipped:

On January 16, 2000, more than two weeks after Zebb Quinn vanished, his car was found in this restaurant parking lot, with a number of bizarre clues.

mOkkIV7l.jpg

http://seanmunger.com/2015/01/01/disappeared-zebb-quinn-missing-15-years/

another article:

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...le-teen-goes-missing-19140.shtml#.VKgrfSvF8rk

Zebb left the Walmart where he worked on Hendersonville Road on the night of Jan. 2, 2000. He was last seen at a Citgo convenience store on Long Shoals Rd around 9:30 p.m. His light blue Mazda showed up two weeks later at Little Pigs Barbeque. The car had lips painted on the rear window in lipstick.

His mother upped a reward to $25,000 for information that leads to finding him alive, or information that leads to a conviction. She spoke with News 13 hoping somebody would come forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back