Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, where's Misty now? has she shown any concern at all?

I also recall a while ago the case was treated as a homicide after a few leads came, but nothing never came of that.

I found her facebook page, doesn’t say if she still lives in Asheville or not. Anyone know if she’s still with Wesley? There’s a pic of her and a guy but not sure who it is, not one named Wesley in her Facebook friends. If she isn’t with him any longer, I wonder if she’d be more likely to spill the beans now.

I do too. I hope justice will be served and that Zebb is found. Send us a sign Zebb!! LE needs to lean on Misty! I think she is the weak link.

So I have just watched Zebb's disappeared episode for the second time and I have to say, it doesn't get any less weird upon second viewing.

Based on the information we have the only person I feel for sure would be behind the disappearance is Misty's BF. I can come up with scenarios to implicate others as well but he seems to be the one that would be involved in all.

About the cleanest scenario I can think of would be if the BF, knowing that the Aunt was going to be out of her house that night, had a "hit" or a friend break into the Aunt's home to contact Zebb through pager. Would love to know if there is any record of who he actually called after getting the page. Anyway, after getting Zebb out alone, this hit would "take care" of Zebb, with the added bonus of everyone actually being each other's alibi for the evening.

In that scenario the only person who would have to know about it is the BF, though presumably Zebb spoke to Misty to get him so upset, so that would mean it could just be on those two. Also, sending the page from the Aunt's house could have been an attempt to set her up for the fall in case the alibi thing fell through somehow.

Another scenario I can think of is that they were all involved in the disappearance (tough to find a motive though) and they all simply lied with their alibi. Also leaves mystery as to where Owens fits in all this, as if he WAS in on it the whole story as he tells it could be made up and the page could have just been some kind of attempted diversion.

What I keep coming back to though is the lips drawn which does seem like some kind of taunt to me, which makes it seem personal and someone was quite angry, which would leave something more like the first scenario as the most possible.

Bottom line, I have followed a lot of cases and this is truly the most mystifying (no pun intended) case I have ever seen. With somehow no physical evidence involved in all this I honestly don't think we'll ever get an answer to this one.

Bottom line, I have followed a lot of cases and this is truly the most mystifying (no pun intended) case I have ever seen. With somehow no physical evidence involved in all this I honestly don't think we'll ever get an answer to this one.

I agree. Maybe one day his remains will be found, maybe a bone or something but I doubt someone will ever be charged if nobody is going to talk.

This is one of the weirdest stories I’ve seen on Disappeared and it brings up so many questions.

Anyone else wonder why the perp(s) would want the car to be found? Why risk being caught driving it around? Why not just dump it in some rural place and let it be discovered in time? Personally I think Misty’s boyfriend lured Zebb somewhere by paging him from the Aunt’s phone and with the assistance of the co-worker. I think Misty was told after the fact and was then forced into helping cover up the crime. She had a child with her boyfriend, perhaps he threatened to take or harm the child if she didn’t cooperate.

In regards to the hotel key card, I wonder if possibly Zebb and Misty had a hotel rendezvous before his disappearance or perhaps he was lured to a hotel room thinking Misty would be there. Being that Misty was possibly seen driving Zebb’s car in Nashville, I wonder if the hotel key card was from a hotel also in Nashville, not Asheville, which is why LE could not find a match to any local hotels. Maybe Zebb was lured to a hotel thinking he would be meeting Misty there?

If the aunt was involved, I wonder why she would choose loyalty to this group instead of her own flesh and blood, even though she and Zebb weren’t close. Was it because she had business ties with them? I would like to know if it was just Zebb that wasn’t close to his aunt or was it his whole family? Did she have some kind of issue such as drug addiction that caused a wedge between her and the family? It’s sad what lengths severe addicts will go to for drugs/money, maybe she was depending on this group of people for drugs/money for drugs.

<Mod Snip>These are evil and disgusting women and should be treated as such. Misty was seen driving Zebb's car, and drawing of lips on the back windshield were done by a female. Misty is the MOST guilty of all of them and she was more than capable of killing him all by herself....and you lamenting about the aunt's possible drug addiction and turning it into "Oh poor Auntie for having to depend on this group for drugs" is just as ridiculous. All three are guilty and should be in prison for the rest of their lives, and hopefully will be when they find the body.

Apparently they did collect fingerprints, hair, and DNA from Zeb's car. According to the article below (I know it's old ... 2009) they collected DNA (later said from Misty) for comparisons; but, I haven't seen any results from that.

October 16, 2009

ASHEVILLE &#8212; Police recently retrieved hair, fingerprint and saliva samples from a friend of a man last seen at a South Asheville convenience store nearly a decade ago.
Police as of now do not consider the 28-year-old West Asheville woman a suspect or a person of interest in the disappearance and suspected homicide of Zebb Quinn, Asheville police spokeswoman Melissa Williams said in an e-mail Thursday. The Citizen-Times is not identifying the woman because she has not been charged or identified as a suspect in the case.
Police collected the woman's DNA for possible future comparison to other samples, Williams said. Detectives collected 50 head hairs, fingerprints and mouth swabs from the woman on Oct. 8, records show.
&#8220;As the Cold Case Unit reviewed this case file, they noted that we had not gotten a DNA profile from her. We had obtained DNA profiles from most of the rest of his social circle years ago,&#8221; Williams said. &#8220;There is no new evidence and no new leads. This was routine review of the case file and detectives looking for any unfinished work.&#8221;

http://unsolveditn.blogspot.com/2009/11/asheville-police-collect-dna-in-zebb.html
Of course the <Mod Snip> never took DNA evidence from the WOMAN in the case. What else is new, because we all know women are incapable of murder...These are the kind of cops and detectives this poor guy has hopes of getting justice from.

Hello Websleuths!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I only recently found out about Zebb Quinn whilst reading an article on Listverse about disappearances with mysterious clues. What a truly fascinating case!

Owens is a enigma, that's for sure. Having two car accidents in one night seems awfully convenient, especially when there was no report of the second incident. Then we have the phonecall pretending to be Zebb. While I agree that it seems natural for buddies to cover for one another when they're pulling a sickie, why couldn't Zebb make the call himself? It would take, what, five mins at the most? But then again, if Owens was involved in his disappearance, why call in at all? What was he hoping to achieve by pretending to be Zebb?

I don't think the puppy and the lipstick were left deliberately by the perpetrator. I've heard it said on here that it would be the work of an amateur. Au contraire, I don't think an amateur would take such a huge risk. That sounds more like the work of a cold and calculated individual than a rookie. I think it's more than likely that Zebb was with Misty that day and the puppy was a gift. Sometime between Zebb & Misty hooking up and the car being abandoned, I think they were tracked down by Misty's bf and *insert Zebb's disappearance*. Misty's bf told her to ditch the car, but perhaps out of some sense of guilt or whatever, she decided to leave it somewhere it would be quickly found, somewhere Zebb's mother worked, no less. A woman was identified driving the car, am I correct? I haven't seen the documentary y'all have been talking about.

Hello Websleuths!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I only recently found out about Zebb Quinn whilst reading an article on Listverse about disappearances with mysterious clues. What a truly fascinating case!

Owens is a enigma, that's for sure. Having two car accidents in one night seems awfully convenient, especially when there was no report of the second incident. Then we have the phonecall pretending to be Zebb. While I agree that it seems natural for buddies to cover for one another when they're pulling a sickie, why couldn't Zebb make the call himself? It would take, what, five mins at the most? But then again, if Owens was involved in his disappearance, why call in at all? What was he hoping to achieve by pretending to be Zebb?

I don't think the puppy and the lipstick were left deliberately by the perpetrator. I've heard it said on here that it would be the work of an amateur. Au contraire, I don't think an amateur would take such a huge risk. That sounds more like the work of a cold and calculated individual than a rookie. I think it's more than likely that Zebb was with Misty that day and the puppy was a gift. Sometime between Zebb & Misty hooking up and the car being abandoned, I think they were tracked down by Misty's bf and *insert Zebb's disappearance*. Misty's bf told her to ditch the car, but perhaps out of some sense of guilt or whatever, she decided to leave it somewhere it would be quickly found, somewhere Zebb's mother worked, no less. A woman was identified driving the car, am I correct? I haven't seen the documentary y'all have been talking about.

:goodpost:

:wagon: to Websleuths, ekardh!

:goodpost:

:wagon: to Websleuths, ekardh!

Thank you! I'm probably not as clued up as the rest of you sleuths who have been following the case for years, but that was my first impression. It's also possible that Misty abandoned the car where she did because she didn't want to leave the puppy to die. From the way the car was left, this strikes me as something that happened in an hurry. I don't believe that Zebb was murdered/kidnapped and then the perpetrators decided to play a cruel trick with the car, leaving potentially incriminating evidence at the scene.

Another possible scenario is that Zebb was on the way (with Misty?) to where his mother works, when Misty's bf managed to catch up with them. Perhaps Zebb was forced to stop the car or chose to do so, and an altercation occurred? Is there any chance that Zebb could've driven the car to where it was found? Was the immediate vicinity ever searched?

I think Zebb's 'Disappeared' episode has been removed from YouTube, but this streaming link should work:

http://www.videoweed.es/file/bc2df2a006abb

If not, one of these should:

http://watchseries.lt/episode/disappeared_s4_e25.html

Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to check it out when I've got a moment.

I just learned about this case from the Disappeared episode. I need to read a bit to catch up, but I'm very surprised it's still on the first thread.

Does anyone know if Misty’s family and Zebb’s aunt actually ended up starting a business together? I’m wondering if they needed money and the call from Zebb’s aunt was to lure him somewhere and rob him of the money he had for a new car. It was said that Zebb and his aunt weren’t close, so I also wonder if the aunt really had his pager number or if Misty gave it to her. Why would the aunt have his personal pager number if they weren’t close and didn’t contact each other much.

I had the exact same thoughts. If he was going to look at a car, I'm sure Misty would've known. I also seriously doubt the aunt wouldn't have had his pager number. It's not like this day and age, where you save everyone's number in your cellphone, whether you plan to use it again or not. Back then, a pager number was not something you kept unless you frequently needed to contact someone.

A couple thoughts...I think it would be really difficult for this many people to be in on a murder and nobody start talking. 14 yrs later and we know nothing more than we did Jan 2000. Just thinking through my typing....

Jason - I wouldn't think he would stop for a drink, knowing he would be on surveillance, if he planned to kill the person he is seen with. I really wish we knew more about this car they were going to look at. Was it a private seller or at a dealership? If at a dealership, I don't find it strange (as it has been mentioned previously) to go check it out in the dark. (We do this, so nobody is there to bother us and we can take our time and talk it over before talking numbers.) Also, I would think someone would've seen a wreck in front of The Waffle House. Whether an employee, customer, or just a driver on the road. No police report? But what's even more puzzling is that phone call to Walmart. If he was involved, why call in at all? If he was not though, he wouldn't have known Zebb would not be at work that day.

Misty - why tell investigators that he is just an acquaintance if you know people will tell differently? It sounds like everyone in Jebb's life knew they were involved. That tells me she knows something and is trying to downplay her relationship and involvement.

Misty's boyfriend - he would've had motive, yes. But nothing else ties him to this, IMO.

The aunt - it's odd that she would've had Zebb's pager number, unless she got it from Misty. She would've had no reason to page him unless it was someone else doing it from her house. Was there more of a friendship between her and Misty because I got the idea they were just acquaintances, with her doing business with Misty's mom? What's troubling with her is that she would say she didn't tell police someone broke in to her home, when she did, supposedly. This is odd. Was it a police report made that night? Or did she tell investigators while being questioned about the disappearance? Then turn around and say she didn't say it? It sounds to me like she reported it during the investigation in attempt to give reason why the page came from her house. The when she couldn't report anything had been stolen (because it never happened, hence no police report), she claims she never made that statement.

Hopefully Misty's parents were questioned thoroughly. Wish we knew more about that, since they supposedly were with 3 of these people that night.

But none of this matters because, obviously, LE hasn't done their job and gathered forensics. It has been reported they have taken samples, but the results are not known. I agree with PP that if these 4 people were pressured, they would've broken down. So many questions, so little info released.

True. :cry: It's unfortunate that they will only review cases submitted by LE. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back