ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry this is the first time I have agreed ever with our Governor here in Minnesota.....death penalty for sex offenders.

And furthermore...they should bring some of their interrogation equipment from Guatonemo and interrogate this fat sloth and find out where the hell she is.

What about the possibilty he had the phone on the second phone call and re-dialed the last # to see who she had been talking to when he abducted her? Maybe he dropped her North of the mall and her cell phone is on the side of the road as he was on his way back to Crookston.

He may have even kept a "souvenir" of Dru's

Originally posted by Zeff
Sorry to sound Taliban, but I think these predatory sex offenders should be taken out and shot !! And shoot them TWICE if their victim is a child

No reason to be sorry!

Originally posted by johnny
Yakwoman, using South Park references? Is that somewhere in North Dakota......

South Park is a show that has been running on Comedy Central for, like, 7 years. Geez, Johnny - have you been living in a cave or something?? ;)

Originally posted by Yakwoman
South Park is a show that has been running on Comedy Central for, like, 7 years. Geez, Johnny - have you been living in a cave or something?? ;)

LOL... ummm Nashville I think :waitasec:

Originally posted by tamjo614
MissMisty - If they saw him abduct her on the cameras, they know they have their man. They don't need her body to arrest him. All they need is probable cause.

But, we don't know for a fact that they saw him abduct her, right?
Misty

Originally posted by johnny
What about the possibilty he had the phone on the second phone call and re-dialed the last # to see who she had been talking to when he abducted her? Maybe he dropped her North of the mall and her cell phone is on the side of the road as he was on his way back to Crookston.

He may have even kept a "souvenir" of Dru's

Johnny,
I think that's possible. It absolutely gives me the chills to think that that call was placed by Dru. (So sad.) A little off the topic but does anyone know how far the place where that call came from is from where she was abducted?
Thanks,
Misty

Miss Misty, if I recall right, the tower that transmitted the phone call was by a rest stop 7 miles away.

Originally posted by MissMisty
But, we don't know for a fact that they saw him abduct her, right?
Misty

I BET they do. Her car was parked outside the JCPenney store. We are being watched everywhere by camera's we can't even see are there.

Just watched the LE in G. F. NoDak on Greta.

Now that the creep has his own appointed Atty....why oh why can't they get the info about Dru out of him?

I wish they would bring back the rubber hoses for this

interagation.

I am sick of the perps having all their rights...

Where was Dru's right to live and not be kidnapped and GOD knows what else that pig did to her?

I am really losing patience...

It will be very cold in NoDak tonight...and snowy..maybe they should put the creep out in the snow and ice to sleep.

I think it is good that the family is acting with such dignity...me...??? I have no dignity left.

Great Post Star. My hat is off to the family. I couldn't do it, no way, no how. But, the only, only way they have a chance is by holding back their anger, I sure would not want to be in the path when it finally blows!

I thought of how ..if I were in the positon of having a loved one in harms way....You simply HAVE to behave....and exhibit decorum.....

here on this board I feel free to go NUTZ.

Originally posted by Coffeesnob
yakwoman.....do you mind if I ask youwhat city you live in.....
nice to see a fellow Minnesotan here.

I am an ex-Minnesotan....I lived in Minnetonka Mills....12900 Cedar Lake Road.

went to HS in Hopkins...

I live in Oregon now...but will always be a Minnesotan...

My brother and his wife live in Plymouth...they are retired and live in a condo on Black Oaks Drive.

So it is nice for me to see fellow Minnesotans here, as well.:bigthumb:

sO...HERE'S TO YOU...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by mindys
Miss Misty, if I recall right, the tower that transmitted the phone call was by a rest stop 7 miles away.

Thanks, Mindys. Appreciated. I guess it should be assumed that that area has been searched.
Misty

I agree about Dru's family. They seem classy and dignified. For some reason though the father tugs at my heartstrings the most. Seeing him sitting there throughout the bail hearing this morning was hard. I can imagine he probably wanted to grab this guy and shake him while yelling "Where is my daughter?!"
Misty

Forum editorial: Keep sex predators behind bars
The Forum - 12/04/2003
Politicians are falling all over themselves this week in an effort to close the barn door after the horse has galloped off.

The fallout from the Dru Sjodin abduction has been knee-jerk and predictable. It’s even been extreme, with a visibly angry Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty calling for imposition of the death penalty for specific heinous crimes, a sanction which has not been used in Minnesota for nearly a century.

Sjodin, a University of North Dakota student, was abducted from a Grand Forks, N.D., shopping center parking lot on Nov. 22. Earlier this week Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., a man with a history of violent sexual crimes, was arrested in Crookston, Minn., and identified by authorities as the prime suspect in the abduction. The search for Sjodin was continuing.

The suspect’s criminal history has fueled public outrage. He had either been charged with or convicted of rape, assault and kidnapping. He was acquitted twice. Eventually he went to prison for a 1980 assault.

He was identified years ago as a dangerous sex offender who was likely to offend again. Yet, the judicial system -- constrained in part by legislative mandates -- put him back on the street after he’d served 23 years behind bars.

Now he’s been charged with kidnapping (thus far) in connection with the Sjodin abduction.

Is that what it takes to see the pattern? Another abduction? More tragedy?

That having been said, it must be stressed that Rodriguez is a suspect. He’s not been found guilty of anything regarding the Sjodin disappearance. His history might make a compelling case for conviction, but under the law, he’s paid for those past offenses.

And therein lies the problem facing communities in North Dakota and Minnesota. The system has failed the test of public safety. A sincere attempt to reintegrate so-called level 3 sex offenders into civil society looks to be a failure because it appears those most dangerous and habitual offenders cannot be fully rehabilitated.

There are provisions whereby county prosecutors can seek civil commitment for sex offenders after they have served prison sentences. Clay County’s Lisa Borgen, for example, has been aggressive in using the civil commitment option to keep sex offenders locked up in a state security hospital.

But the process is a patchwork. When Rodriguez was released from prison last spring he settled in Crookston. No civil commitment was sought by Polk County authorities. No one requested it, said Polk County Attorney Greg Widseth.

No one requested it? Given the serial nature of Rodriguez’ violent sex crimes, maybe Widseth should have requested it.

Not all sex offenders are destined to offend again. Most, in fact, do not. They pay the penalty for their crimes, return to society and rebuild their lives. But the most serious repeat offenders -- the level 3 criminals -- tend to be unrehabilitated predators, a classification which seems to fit Rodriguez. Changes must be made to better protect communities from such criminals. A stricter application of civil commitment provisions is a logical step. A universal standard for commitment that would apply in Clay County and Polk County and all counties makes sense.

It might mean more work for prosecutors, psychiatrists and corrections officials. But the public is demanding that sexual predators be removed from their neighborhoods. That’s not an unreasonable demand.

Forum editorials represent the opinion of Forum management and the newspaper’s Editorial Board

The Grand Forks Herald reports Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. didn't show up for work at his construction job on November 22. That's the day Dru Sjodin went missing after leaving her job at an area mall.

According to the paper, when investigators showed up at Rodriguez's job site several days later, his boss said Rodriguez had said police were checking his car

So hed did have a job, and worked construction and probably knows about construction sites where workers aren't at after work and where his vehicle might not seem out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties