Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we know she was actually ever in the apt. If the dogs didn't hit on it maybe she never went in and was forced outside and taken. So strange as it's middle of the day for this all to be going on.
It has to be baby related otherwise why in the world would all these people be involved?

Good morning. I was so hoping there would be an update this morning..sigh. does it still seem like the police aren't acting overly concerned? That doesn't seem right to me.

Good morning. I was so hoping there would be an update this morning..sigh. does it still seem like the police aren't acting overly concerned? That doesn't seem right to me.

The police are concerned as it is now a criminal investigation, Fargo police also have Grand Forks police looking for clues: http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/aug/24/police-criminal-investigation-for-missing-fargo-woman/

Ground, air and river searches have been conducted by police. At the request of Fargo police, police in Grand Forks conducted a neighborhood canvas looking for possible clues in the case. 

If this was planned out by somebody Saturday at 1:30 pm might be the worst time to commit a crime of this type. everyone is awake, most people have day off and at home or running errands, people coming and going at all times.

I still think it will be the BF involved. He was with her since 15? so never was single or had a life of his own. just saying some men might feel trapped and time was running out.

It seems like law enforcement would have more than enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant and do a thorough search of the dress lady's apartment. By a thorough search, I mean take a gallon of luminol, a couple of spray bottles, and a plumber to disassemble the shower drain. More than likely there is blood evidence in that apartment, and probably a lot of it. It definitely sounds like there was a scuffle of some kind in that bathroom.

It also sounds like if her father had demanded to see her during the 2:45 visit, he more than likely would have stumbled headlong into the scene of a crime in progress. I'm sure he probably regrets not doing exactly that. This appears to be a crime that was pre-planned and carried out with surgical precision, either that or a whole lot of luck. Method, means, motive, & opportunity, it's all there.

The method, luring her to the apartment under false pretenses. The means, advanced planning and obtaining outside help from another source. Motive, getting a healthy full term baby. Opportunity, luring her in, attacking and disabling her, fending off knocks on the door from relatives, having her quietly removed from the premises through unknown means, cleaning up the crime scene, opening the door and inviting the cops inside. 3-- 3 1/2 hours start to finish.

Not only should they conduct a top to bottom search of the apartment, but they should also seek out witnesses who may have seen an individual or two moving something heavy or bulky during that same time frame. Rolled up carpet, a large footlocker, a large suitcase, a galvanized trash can, etc. This crime may have been carried out solely by women. Moving something that weighs upwards of 150 pounds down a set of stairs should be pretty noisy and noticeable. Loading the same object into a vehicle even more-so.

The police are concerned as it is now a criminal investigation, Fargo police also have Grand Forks police looking for clues: http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/aug/24/police-criminal-investigation-for-missing-fargo-woman/

Ground, air and river searches have been conducted by police. At the request of Fargo police, police in Grand Forks conducted a neighborhood canvas looking for possible clues in the case. 

So are they no longer conducting searches? Just wondering if checking the scanner would be worth it or not for this.

If this was planned out by somebody Saturday at 1:30 pm might be the worst time to commit a crime of this type. everyone is awake, most people have day off and at home or running errands, people coming and going at all times.

I still think it will be the BF involved. He was with her since 15? so never was single or had a life of his own. just saying some men might feel trapped and time was running out.

Anything could have happened in this case but JMO, I do not think anyone close to her is responsible. These days, a lot of pregnant women are being targeted for the baby they are carrying. If what the downstairs neighbors reported is true re the noise in the bathroom, then things are dire straits . Hoping they are found safe soon!

Anything could have happened in this case but JMO, I do not think anyone close to her is responsible. These days, a lot of pregnant women are being targeted for the baby they are carrying. If what the downstairs neighbors reported is true re the noise in the bathroom, then things are dire straits . Hoping they are found safe soon!

I don't want it to get or sound too gruesome. But is there a legitimate way to remove a baby and keep it alive and healthy in just a bathroom by I guess cutting it out of the woman? I imagine the blood loss would be insurmountable for a woman to survive that ordeal.

If there's not then there needs to be someone with an ulterior motive... this is an awful case with little clues.

As someone said earlier in the thread I'm not sure about the motive of stealing a baby out of a woman? Why wouldn't they just steal the baby once it was birthed and healthy?

Sick people in this world.

was she selling anything online, cl or fb market? im concerned that someone wanted her baby. im new to this case so let me go read.

im thinking LE wants to question these 4 men and know who they are, but they are not POI at this time.

"Police are looking for four men that may know something in the search for Savanna Greywind"

"UPDATE: An investigator with the Grand Forks Police department knocked on the door of the home in which Valley News Live's reporter Ryan Laughlin lives.

The investigator briefly showed Ryan a picture of four men in connection to the search of Savanna Greywind. Grand Forks Police have been going door to door across town showing a flyer of Greywind and the men, asking if anyone knows any information."

More at link: http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...he-search-for-Savanna-Greywind-441562613.html

FARGO -- The Fargo Police Department posted an update on social media Thursday regarding the search for Savanna Marie Lafontaine-Greywind, a 22-year-old woman who’s eight months pregnant and has been missing since Saturday.

The update reads:
“Our Investigations Division, including all detectives from personal, property, street crimes and narcotics,are dedicated to bringing Savanna home. We’ve also been working with local, state and federal partners. We have spoken to her family, her boyfriend, neighbors, employer, and anyone the family has mentioned as a friend.
“We have attempted to trace/ping her cell phone with negative results. We have conducted two K9 searches of the area with negative results. The Fargo Fire Department has conducted a river search and an aerial search with the assistance of the U.S. Border Patrol. Both of those searches were negative. We have also conducted three searches of the apartment where Savanna was allegedly last known to be. Those searchers were negative as well. At this time we are continuing to follow up all leads,” the post said.
http://www.wday.com/news/4317049-up...ng-leads-searches-pregnant-woman-unsuccessful

ping location? CCTV?

There are only 11 houses and no apartments on the 1800 block of 2nd Ave No. in Grand Forks. The Fargo police asked the Grand Forks police to assist------ and they focused on this specific location? Interesting.

Very interesting they seem so sure the woman isn't involved.They must know some facts we are unaware of.

So, according to Fargo PD on FB they said they don't think DK is involved in her disappearance. Is this the neighbor on the 3rd floor with the dress or a different woman?
If these 4 men are from the same area as the boyfriend, I am concerning he may have had something to do with it.
I wish they went to this apartment she was last in and did all the forensics and make a statement that there was no blood trace in that apartment at all. Then, they can move forward on where she could have gone if she left the apartment on her own.
This down not seem to be good situation right now; her poor family.

not being political, but white supremacists target anyone non white. that being said, I don't know how far these cities are apart and I think its a far fetched theory.

Please don't bring politics into this.. There are no white supremacists in ND targeting Indian women or people.. to be honest unless someone told me she was native American I would have never known- she looks pretty much white in her facebook pictures. Fargo is no where near a reservation or near Bismarck where the protests were.

Dawn Kirby is not the upstairs neighbor. She was mistakenly identified on social media and went to the police and the media to clear her name. Or at least that's the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine