Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone shown up ANYWHERE in this state or surrounding ones with a "birthed at home" story?

Ok k9s were there 3 times and nothing, then whatever happened certainly didn't happen in that apt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ok k9s were there 3 times and nothing, then whatever happened certainly didn't happen in that apt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Earlier someone commented that she may have been intercepted on her way to the apartment, so she was never in there.

Earlier someone commented that she may have been intercepted on her way to the apartment, so she was never in there.

Well, if that is true, then the neighbor knows what happened to her. She told Savanna's father that Savanna wasn't finished yet with the dress fitting; then, she told Savanna's mother that Savanna had already left (the neighbor's apartment). Maybe LE can't find anything incriminating in the neighbor's apartment, but she had a hand in Savanna's disappearance.

FARGO — A Fargo family has been searching frantically for a missing 22-year-old woman who is eight months pregnant and disappeared from a northside apartment building without a trace on Saturday, Aug. 19.

The woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, left her family's apartment on 10th Street North to help an upstairs neighbor who needed a model while sewing a dress, but she never came home and hasn't been heard from since.

Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind, Savanna's mother, said she ordered a pizza before going upstairs to help the neighbor, but never returned to eat it. She left her car parked in the apartment building's parking lot. She left her wallet at home, too.

When she didn't return, her mother knocked on the door of the upstairs apartment and was told her daughter had left.

"I immediately knew something was wrong because her car is here," her mother said. "She's eight months pregnant. Her feet were swollen, so she wouldn't have taken up walking like that. There was pizza here that she hadn't eaten. She would not just leave that lady's apartment and go somewhere."
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

FARGO — A Fargo family has been searching frantically for a missing 22-year-old woman who is eight months pregnant and disappeared from a northside apartment building without a trace on Saturday, Aug. 19.

The woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, left her family's apartment on 10th Street North to help an upstairs neighbor who needed a model while sewing a dress, but she never came home and hasn't been heard from since.

Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind, Savanna's mother, said she ordered a pizza before going upstairs to help the neighbor, but never returned to eat it. She left her car parked in the apartment building's parking lot. She left her wallet at home, too.

When she didn't return, her mother knocked on the door of the upstairs apartment and was told her daughter had left.

"I immediately knew something was wrong because her car is here," her mother said. "She's eight months pregnant. Her feet were swollen, so she wouldn't have taken up walking like that. There was pizza here that she hadn't eaten. She would not just leave that lady's apartment and go somewhere."
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

Ordering a pizza before she went to the neighbor's, doesn't sound like someone who plans to disappear.
Who is the neighbor?!!!

Savanna's family lives in a basement apartment of the seven-unit, three-story building on 10th Street North. On Saturday, a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on their door and asked Savanna if she would act as a model so she could pin a dress she was sewing. She offered to pay her $20. Savanna agreed.

The family didn't know the woman well, and her mother was wary of her because of previous experiences.

Savanna texted her mom to inform her that she was going upstairs to help the neighbor. She also texted her boyfriend about the same time. "We were joking around," he told WDAY-TV.

Meanwhile, a north Fargo woman says she's been falsely accused in a Facebook post of being involved in the disappearance of Lafontaine-Greywind.

The woman, Dawn Kirby, says she has a criminal past, but is not a monster. She said she has never met Lafontaine-Greywind and has nothing to do with her disappearance.

"I feel horrible for the girl. I know nothing," Kirby said. "I just don't want to be judged for this. I've been judged enough in my life."

Kirby is a registered sex offender for having sex with an underage male. Fargo police records indicate she lives at 2905 7th Ave. N.

Kirby said that she had voluntarily talked to Fargo police on Wednesday.

Deputy Chief Anderson confirmed a detective talked with Kirby on Wednesday. He said a woman who lives in the upstairs apartment at 2825 9th St. N. is not Kirby.

Fargo police did arrest a third-floor resident of the apartment building on a warrant for an unpaid fine sometime after Lafontaine-Greywind was reported missing.

The resident, Henry William Hoehn, on Wednesday paid in full the outstanding balance of the fine related to a violation of a no-contact order that did not involve Lafontaine-Greywind, court records showed. He was then released from the Cass County Jail.

Anderson said Hoehn was not questioned in connection with the case.

Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind, mother of the missing woman, said she sees Hoehn "every now and then."

A woman in Hoehn's apartment told a Forum reporter Wednesday evening that Hoehn was not there. The woman, who refused to give her name, didn't look at all like Kirby, and said she did not know Kirby.

Two people who live in LaFontaine-Greywind's building on the second floor, Christipher Miranda and Rhonda Grimli, said they heard noises in the bathroom above their apartment on Saturday afternoon.
"We were getting ready to leave (and) we heard a banging in the bathtub," in the third-floor apartment above them about 1:30 or 2 p.m., Miranda said. He said the sounds lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
"Then the shower turned on. It seemed kind of odd," Miranda said.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...fargo-police-say-about-missing-pregnant-woman

Savanna's family lives in a basement apartment of the seven-unit, three-story building on 10th Street North. On Saturday, a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on their door and asked Savanna if she would act as a model so she could pin a dress she was sewing. She offered to pay her $20. Savanna agreed.

The family didn't know the woman well, and her mother was wary of her because of previous experiences.

Savanna texted her mom to inform her that she was going upstairs to help the neighbor. She also texted her boyfriend about the same time. "We were joking around," he told WDAY-TV.

And we are sure that Savanna was AT HOME IN HER OWN APARTMENT when she texted her mother? Why didn't she just give a "shout out" to her Mom and say: "Hey, I'm going upstairs to help the neighbor -- be back in a second?" (I know the spoken word is fast going by the wayside and all, but just trying to make absolutely certain that we have a clear picture of what happened here. Never has it explicitly been said that Savanna was in the family's apartment -- we all just naturally assumed that to be the case.)
Was she waiting outside for the pizza delivery?

So strange that somehow DK who doesn't even live there got brought into this. Why would someone randomly accuse her of being involved?

Reports on the Savanna missing page that there is a lot of LE activity at their apartment building.

And we are sure that Savanna was AT HOME IN HER OWN APARTMENT when she texted her mother? Why didn't she just give a "shout out" to her Mom and say: "Hey, I'm going upstairs to help the neighbor -- be back in a second?" (I know the spoken word is fast going by the wayside and all, but just trying to make absolutely certain that we have a clear picture of what happened here. Never has it explicitly been said that Savanna was in the family's apartment -- we all just naturally assumed that to be the case.)
Was she waiting outside for the pizza delivery?

I agree, it's really weird that she would text her mother from her own apartment. I really wonder if someone else was sending those texts to her mom and her boyfriend. The story is that someone knocked on the door, then Savannah texted her mom. I wonder if whoever knocked on the door abducted her from that very moment and she was never in the upstairs apartment (at least not willingly). Did anyone at the apartment SEE and HEAR the neighbor when she came to ask Savanna to model the dress? Or did they just hear a knock at the door and then get a text from Savanna?

Reports on the Savanna missing page that there is a lot of LE activity at their apartment building.

Link, please?

Anyone know if any local stations have a live video at the apartment or anything?

Am I the only one who can't seem to find the Find Savanna FB page?!

I can't find anything in MSM. I don't have twitter. Can someone check there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder