Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured it out.
Maybe the guy that was sent to get the drugs or to lose TB was already on drugs....that would explain it for me.
Also maybe the "we" was correct and this was to be a double murder but things got screwed up somehow.

After lurking this thread for a few days, I decided to get an account. I've lived my whole life in FM (currently living in Moorhead, less than 2 miles from where Tom's body was found), and I've followed this case from the beginning. Just my thoughts on the case so far:

The area where Tom was last seen alive is not exactly the nicest neighborhood in Fargo. Just last year there was a double homicide only 3 blocks from there:
here's a brief rundown of that case(starts at the bottom and updates going up): http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/24051111/updated-fargo-murder-victims-named I know it was personal, but still.

You can view 911 calls from the entire Valley online: http://www.rrrdc.com/dispatch-logs/ I already reviewed the day he disappeared but I don't think anything is really noteworthy...

Larry's RV is so close to the edge of town that I find it very interesting that the killer/s would leave his body there. There's gravel roads and culverts literally a mile down the highway. Plus, Larry's is fenced all the way around and I'm pretty sure I've seen the gates shut/locked after hours, so I wonder how they got in in the first place. Either way, it's not easily accessible like some of the other businesses nearby.

If any cameras did catch something, it would be from the Sam's Club just south of Larry's. They have a huge parking lot which I'm sure would have surveillance. Maybe their cameras caught something? Even headlights?

If anyone has any questions about the area, just ask away, I'm very familiar with both Fargo and Moorhead!

Just a few jumbled thoughts. They're not really related to each other, and probably nothing most will agree is important.

If the RV place is a common place for drug deals, and the murder was drug related, why would they take his body (or even leave it) there knowing it would draw the attention of LE and make it much harder to do business?

Since JW has admitted to sending the text, and several(?) people saw him alive later, it's unlikely that it was part of a setup for a later murder. If JW was planning, or even involved with those who were planning, to murder TB later, why would he put his name in the text? Why not just say I'm JW's friend?

Did anyone he was planning to ride home with knock on his door, or did they just assume he wasn't going because he hadn't come out?

Did he have a roommate, and if so, where was he that night and morning?

Hi!

Two kids are murdered within 90 miles of each other... Both have previous small law enforcement problems (Andrew : selling pot. Tommy : DUI & Minor in Possession)..

Someone needs to alert NATIONAL authorities on these cases because ND is doing their best to keep these two killings OUT of the spotlight which would make their colleges seem unsafe.

ITS STRANGE.

(Post snipped by me to addess statements)

I'm not seeing ND making an effort to keep these cases out of the national spotlight. A google of TB's name will take you to MSM sites. This party did not occur in NDSU housing. Can you find any statistics that point to the campuses in ND being more unsafe than the campuses in other states? I bet if you look up statistics for 18 yr olds, who the previous week were charged with alcolol related offenses and ordered to receive a chemical dependency evaluation but choose to go out drinking again the next weekend or kids who are selling illeagal substances are at a much greater risk for escalated, more serious problems down the road, than those who don't. To blame the educational institution for these situations is blame misplaced.. JMO

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on the shoe/hat discussion, but I think that if Tom was transported in a car that he probably would have been taken out of the car by his arms. It makes sense that a shoe could come off while being pulled from the car. If his feet were dragged to the location he was found, the perpetrator may not notice that the shoe was missing (especially in the dark). But, if he was lifted by the arms and/or dragged by the arms, then his head would be elevated and closer to the perpetrator and that person would likely notice if the hat came off since it would be right in his line of vision.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on the shoe/hat discussion, but I think that if Tom was transported in a car that he probably would have been taken out of the car by his arms. It makes sense that a shoe could come off while being pulled from the car. If his feet were dragged to the location he was found, the perpetrator may not notice that the shoe was missing (especially in the dark). But, if he was lifted by the arms and/or dragged by the arms, then his head would be elevated and closer to the perpetrator and that person would likely notice if the hat came off since it would be right in his line of vision.

(BBM) The girls all get prettier at closing time. :D

Three critical things these cases never lack, "If", "But" and "Or".

Many scenarios go through my mind as to how that shoe came off and why it wasn't with him. The dang gate at Larry's has a sign saying 'Canine on Premises."

For all we know the dog took the shoe. Every possibility needs to be considered.

I'm still going with the last place witnessed and the place of recovery as the author to this tale. My money is on those involved still being right in that town. And right about now they think they've got it handled.

Ok, I creeped on Larry's RV tonight after they were closed and their gate was wide open. Most of the fence line I remember being there has been taken down. Not sure when they did that but it's obviously not as difficult to get into the lot as I previously thought. It's a little ways down from the Sam's parking lot but it's not entirely impossible for a camera to have picked something up...I hope!

Mspine, do you have sny feeling or sense as to why he was brought there?

This part made me cry:

Thomas' mother, Debbie Bearson, recalled the cold temperatures on the day he was born — Jan. 6, 1996. She said Thomas' blue eyes often garnered attention.

"Most parents can't wait for their newborns to sleep, but I couldn't wait for him to wake up," Debbie said.

Debbie also told a story of Thomas refusing to eat Reese's Pieces at a birthday party when he was younger so he could still give his mother, allergic to peanuts, kisses.

Mspine, do you have sny feeling or sense as to why he was brought there?

I can only think of two scenarios:

1. the person or persons who brought him there were familiar with the area either because they are from/live in Moorhead, or work in the industrial park.

2. the person or persons were freaking out with a dead body in the back of their car/truck and just pulled into this random business and ditched the body.

Either way, I have a feeling they wanted him to be found. Otherwise they easily could have brought his body out into the country.

My general theory as to the order of events is something like: the people(or single person, but it seems more likely that it was 2+) grabbed Tom off the street as he was walking back to his dorm. Kill him. Bring his body across the river into Moorhead. Dump body at Larry's RV(cellphone pings). Drive back across the river into Fargo and ditch his phone into the water. I'm guessing the last ping from his cellphone was near the river, which would explain why the police were searching so far south (like 40 blocks south of where he was last seen alive). Once the river search turned up empty they went to the ping before the final one, which more than likely would have been near Larry's. There is a cell tower VERY close to the lot which would explain why they found his body so quickly.

I hope that makes sense!

Hi!
I am new to posting here but not new to the website. You are all incredibly smart & provide interesting angles/thoughts I haven't had on cases.

Ok.. So I am actually from Fargo, ND. I am extremely concerned about this case being that I just sent my oldest son away to college in Duluth, MN... I am a "family friend" of Andrew Sadek (missing & later found deceased in the Red River in Wahpeton, ND).

Let me assure you that Andrew Sadek WAS murdered. Let me assure you that ND LE officials are at fault for making him be a drug informant or else face FELONY drug charges (for selling $80 worth of pot no less).

Two kids are murdered within 90 miles of each other... Both have previous small law enforcement problems (Andrew : selling pot. Tommy : DUI & Minor in Possession)..

Someone needs to alert NATIONAL authorities on these cases because ND is doing their best to keep these two killings OUT of the spotlight which would make their colleges seem unsafe.

I do not think the interstate was used to transport Tommy's body across state lines.. I went to college at NDSU - they crossed at the 2nd avenue bridge downtown. Whether there are cameras there, I do not know. Also.. Recently there was a case in which a body was hidden in a camper that was not found until over a year later when the RV was rented to a group of people heading to the Kentucky Derby. Maybe that was their plan to get rid of the body but they got interrupted? It beats putting in the river because it eventually winds up being found (even with a backpack of rocks STRAPPED to their body as in Andrew's case..).

ITS STRANGE.

I'm sorry for your loss. I do believe AS was killed and the thought has crossed my mind that this is a similar situation. Or at least someone thought Tommy was an informant. You don't have to search too deep within his circle to see some dudes who are into some pretty heavy stuff. It's definitely a possibility in my mind at this point.

1. the person or persons who brought him there were familiar with the area either because they are from/live in Moorhead, or work in the industrial park.

2. the person or persons were freaking out with a dead body in the back of their car/truck and just pulled into this random business and ditched the body.

Either way, I have a feeling they wanted him to be found. Otherwise they easily could have brought his body out into the country.

My general theory as to the order of events is something like: the people(or single person, but it seems more likely that it was 2+) grabbed Tom off the street as he was walking back to his dorm. Kill him. Bring his body across the river into Moorhead. Dump body at Larry's RV(cellphone pings). Drive back across the river into Fargo and ditch his phone into the water. I'm guessing the last ping from his cellphone was near the river, which would explain why the police were searching so far south (like 40 blocks south of where he was last seen alive). Once the river search turned up empty they went to the ping before the final one, which more than likely would have been near Larry's. There is a cell tower VERY close to the lot which would explain why they found his body so quickly.

I hope that makes sense!

(BBM)...or being young and broke they were running out of gas and didn't want to pull into a station.

There are so many possibilities here that it becomes an endless guessing game. That's when I start looking at predictable behaviors. The problem with this is that we sit out here with very little information.

Ok, I creeped on Larry's RV tonight after they were closed and their gate was wide open. Most of the fence line I remember being there has been taken down. Not sure when they did that but it's obviously not as difficult to get into the lot as I previously thought. It's a little ways down from the Sam's parking lot but it's not entirely impossible for a camera to have picked something up...I hope!

I am SO glad you did that. This information does change the way I see this in my mind and how many people were needed to accomplish this. If there was a sturdy, intact fence it would take people to do it.

Wow I hope something is divulged soon.

I hope that makes sense!

Or the 3rd option might be it all went down at the Rv site and that's why he was left there.

I don't think this was random though (someone just grabbed him off the street while he was walking back to the dorm and killed him). Since it doesn't appear they made any attempt to hide the body, they could have found a much closer place to leave the body.

I am SO glad you did that. This information does change the way I see this in my mind and how many people were needed to accomplish this. If there was a sturdy, intact fence it would take people to do it.

Wow I hope something is divulged soon.

Me too---no upate since Friday. What's up with that?

UPDATE:

http://www.inforum.com/content/caut...slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

Police are backing away from earlier assertions the public is not in danger following last Tuesday’s discovery of the body of homicide victim Thomas Bearson.

“We don’t have answers,” said Moorhead police Lt. Tory Jacobson, pointing out police are still struggling to identify a killer and a motive.

Jacobson was responding to questions about whether the public is at risk from whoever killed the 18-year-old NDSU student, who was missing for four days before he was discovered at a Moorhead RV lot.

Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes told The Forum the day Bearson’s body was discovered that there was no indication the public was at risk.

He said investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual.

this intrigued me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member