ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
There is also a "homicidal violence" murder UNSOLVED from June 2013... He was an old man in his house beaten with his walking cane but it's within walking distance of Larry's RV & Sales. His cause of death was "Trauma by homicidal violence."

Just something to think about. They probably aren't related but if they are, there are some really bad guys in that neighborhood.

The more I think about it though, the more troubled I am about how much info the police have. If the police had enough to charge someone, they would have done so already. That means they need evidence on the body. Is the body really going to help with an arrest if they can't find the murder weapon? You'd think if they were going to find out who did what, they would have found it out already by pressuring people for info as to whether someone TB knew killed him, or it was a drug dealer (in which case, some of those people at the house should be able to point to the perp(s) or at least give a lot of identifying info about who they are associated with). What if the police are really telling the truth that they truly have no freaking clue?

Maybe they have a story about what happened, and it's only from one person, and they would need evidence on exactly how he died to corroborate that, that's the only other thing I can think of.

It also seems like a fertile case to have an innocent person railroaded, as there are a lot of people on the periphery here, just a thought.

View attachment 60503
There is also a "homicidal violence" murder UNSOLVED from June 2013... He was an old man in his house beaten with his walking cane but it's within walking distance of Larry's RV & Sales. His cause of death was "Trauma by homicidal violence."

Just something to think about. They probably aren't related but if they are, there are some really bad guys in that neighborhood.

I thought in that one it was a homeless man he had taken in to help, and he ended up robbing him and beating him to death with his cane? Is there a different one, do you have a link by any chance? I know that one was unsolved for a while though. Could very well have been a different one though, I know someone mentioned earlier there was a double homicide in that area in recent years too.

Oh this new technology is driving me nuts! I'm on my tablet and I can't see a freaking thing! Aaagg !

'Taptalk' will never rule the world. How do these kids live on their phone?

Oh praise Jesus, I'm back on my computer. I can't stand that other thing. Tap, tap, tap takes a bleeding hour to type out one post on here. I'll just have to drag my computer with me everywhere in a wheel barrow and a long extension cord.

SO nice to be able to see you all again.

I agree with you, LE knows what happened. I have to believe they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's so that when they do make an arrest(s) they will have enough evidence to charge them rather than detain them (under suspicion) for questioning. They can only detain someone for so long, if they don't file charges within a certain time frame they will have to release them. Once they have them they want to charge them.

I have to hand it to you, only EIGHT posts in four years? You are saintly.

I agree with you, LE knows what happened. I have to believe they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's so that when they do make an arrest(s) they will have enough evidence to charge them rather than detain them (under suspicion) for questioning. They can only detain someone for so long, if they don't file charges within a certain time frame they will have to release them. Once they have them they want to charge them.

But...is it better to 'catch and release' than to allow someone like this to just be out roaming the streets? Do you really think they have someone in mind? I don't know.

I've seen cases before where I thought that and then ...nothing. Zero, zip, nada. Goose egg.

All I know is if police are telling the truth that they don't know, and they do NOT make an arrest within a couple weeks after the autopsy comes back, there is going to be a lot of outrage IMHO. People are going to want to know things like, why didn't they search the whole RV lot by going through all of the RVs, if you want the public to find his phone why not mention his phone had a picture of the lion engraved on the back like it shows on his twitter, and about 100 other things like that and the police are going to have an insane amount of pressure on them, and I think it's really smart for all those kids to be getting lawyers right now like a previous poster mentioned. I don't have a problem w/ the police right now I'm just imagining the potential outrage here if we're still sitting in the same spot here 6 months from now.

There's not too many good motives for taking the phone:

1. a mugging, but wallet would also have to be taken presumably, also I don't think this is a mugging anyway
2. the phone incriminates the murderer somehow, phone records or texts, though you'd think kids would be savvy enough to know that police can find that info, but maybe policw ouldn't be able to get the CONTENTS of texts without the phone.
3. it just fell out and got lost if the body was being moved (if they don't think he was killed there)

I agree. Although I thought I was familiar with all of the facts of the case, I was not. I didn't realize that CM & TB were not friends... It's understandable that he didn't text him.

Sorry.
But JW is tweeting as well as posting retweets sometime in the late hours of the19th/early morning on the 20th. I can't pull the time stamps but only the date stamp. He must have found his phone because he was posting tweets through the 24th or so. He does in fact retweet the "sloshed at the trap" on same day as CM tweeted it.

Something doesn't make sense with all the odd tweets being sent by a few individuals.

My question is why wouldn't JW just text CM from JB's phone instead of putting it on TWITTER?

If someone is going to get in contact with one of my friends & they have my phone to do it with, the easiest way would be to text. I have far more people's phone numbers than I do their Twitter names/handles/accounts... To send a tweet is to add at least three more steps PLUS it's public.

Did anyone notice or see if CM & TB were following each other on Twitter?

EXACTLY what I thought. (great minds think alike...). When did the preferred method of communication become a public twit? (I like to call them twits because that's what they all remind me of, a bunch of flippin' twits). Why not a text? Is it because they want the whole world to see what they are doing? I don't get it.

When I say my prayers tonight I'm going to thank God that he made me an old lady and not an 18 year old kid today. Bleh.

But JW is tweeting as well as posting retweets sometime in the late hours of the19th/early morning on the 20th. I can't pull the time stamps but only the date stamp. He must have found his phone because he was posting tweets through the 24th or so. He does in fact retweet the "sloshed at the trap" on same day as CM tweeted it.

Something doesn't make sense with all the odd tweets being sent by a few individuals.

(BBM) Excuse me for becoming so enthusiastic but I fell asleep on the couch and then had coffee at 10PM. I couldn't find this JW ANYWHERE after this 'lost' tweet.

So, you are saying you actually were able to read his tweets after this and let me ask you this, was there ONE SINGLE TWEET that referenced this incident, TB, any grief, anything? One tweet by JW? One single tweet that said, "Let's find Tommy" ?

All I know is if police are telling the truth that they don't know, and they do NOT make an arrest within a couple weeks after the autopsy comes back, there is going to be a lot of outrage IMHO. People are going to want to know things like, why didn't they search the whole RV lot by going through all of the RVs, and about 100 other things like that and the police are going to have an insane amount of pressure on them, and I think it's really smart for all those kids to be getting lawyers right now like a previous poster mentioned.

There's not too many good motives for taking the phone:

1. a mugging, but wallet would also have to be taken presumably, also I don't think this is a mugging anyway
2. the phone incriminates the murderer somehow, phone records or texts, though you'd think kids would be savvy enough to know that police can find that info, but maybe policw ouldn't be able to get the CONTENTS of texts without the phone.
3. it just fell out and got lost if the body was being moved (if they don't think he was killed there)

Public pressure usually leads to media presence and then that in turn leads to a press conference in which they usually say nothing. They can arrest someone with enough evidence even if they don't have the toxicology reports back is that correct?

I'm thinking if we haven't heard something by tomorrow noon, it's not a good sign. But then, I'm a skeptic.

Public pressure usually leads to media presence and then that in turn leads to a press conference in which they usually say nothing. They can arrest someone with enough evidence even if they don't have the toxicology reports back is that correct?

I'm thinking if we haven't heard something by tomorrow noon, it's not a good sign. But then, I'm a skeptic.

As far as arrest someone without toxicology, I don't know, I guess it depends on details we don't know but I would assume they could, especially in a violent homicide. I agree with you it's not a good sign if we haven't heard something tomorrow by noon. If they need the body that bad they must not have come up with much in the interviews, and unless they run into the murder weapon this could be bad. Or maybe they only have one person telling them what happened without anybody saying much else and they really need the exact physical corroboration that bad.

I have to hand it to you, only EIGHT posts in four years? You are saintly.

I followed the Casey Anthony case here and at SM. I vowed to never follow another case again, which I haven't. This young man is from the town my family and I live in. I have college age kids of my own and we have friends whose kids graduated with Thomas. I can honestly say I wish I weren't here reading and posting.

But...is it better to 'catch and release' than to allow someone like this to just be out roaming the streets? Do you really think they have someone in mind? I don't know.

I've seen cases before where I thought that and then ...nothing. Zero, zip, nada. Goose egg.

I don't know if they know "who" but they know "what" happened. It is the who they are trying to piece together.

I followed the Casey Anthony case here and at SM. I vowed to never follow another case again, which I haven't. This young man is from the town my family and I live in. I have college age kids of my own and we have friends whose kids graduated with Thomas. I can honestly say I wish I weren't here reading and posting.

I hear you on following any cases. Thank you for looking in on this one. I am sorry to read this is happening to your community.

Please also understand that sometimes under the stress of it all, people develop 'black humor' just to blow off steam. I apologize if anything I post is offensive or seems not serious enough.

I don't know if they know "who" but they know "what" happened. It is the who they are trying to piece together.

Do you think the "what" is giving them insight into the motive? You seem to have more knowledge about what the feel is for people around that than I would.

Any info regarding the baseball players TB was possibly going to meet with after leaving the "trap". CM offered that possibility on his twitter feed. Has it been mentioned in any news articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway