ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car of frat boys hitting TB and killing him and then moving the body for concealment is plausible.

However; the following things would have to happen in order for this to remain a logical possibility:

1). The driver of the car would have to override the reflexive instinct to slam on the brakes upon impact. (Unless there was intent).

2). All of the occupants of the car would have to simultaneously and immediately have the exact same thought of covering this up. (Unless there was intent).

3). Every single occupant of the vehicle would have to remain verbally silent in the face of a very tragic situation. No exclamations, no cursing, no dialing of the cell phone, no anger projected at each other. Complete self control under extreme duress in the heat of the moment, at college age.

4). All of the occupants would have to have the ability to determine and triage within seconds that the impact caused death and they needed to clean this scene.

5). They would have to clean the scene to utmost cleanliness to avoid obvious detection.

6). The accident itself would have to have made little to no sound.

I am concluding this while operating under the assumption that TB, had he been hit by a car of frat boys, would have had this happen shortly after leaving the last known reported address.

Removing these assumptions, the possibility exists that he got in a car, rode with unknown people to a different location unknown to us, and was accidentally or with intent, hit with a car in that location.

However please refer to one of my previous links concerning the medical examiner's criteria on the labeling of a death as 'Homicidal Violence'. One could easily understand that the coroner, being a highly trained individual would be able, at autopsy to determine whether a vehicle crash with sufficient enough force to cause injury serious enough to result in death would have happened as opposed to the labeling of 'Homicidal Violence'. It is for this reason alone I must discount and dismiss the idea that he was killed by a car hitting him.

What if he was hit and that did not alone kill him - but further injuries were obtained if/when he was dragged/dumped that contributed to his death?

The term "homicidal violence" is awfully vague, but this article's definition gives me the impression that we can't rule much out:
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26624807/breaking-bearson-death-confirmed-as-homicide
The autopsy says that 18 year old Thomas Bearson died as a result of homicidal violence, meaning various types of wounds and a variety of injuries.

BBM, MOO, etc.

The car of frat boys hitting TB and killing him and then moving the body for concealment is plausible.

However; the following things would have to happen in order for this to remain a logical possibility:

1). The driver of the car would have to override the reflexive instinct to slam on the brakes upon impact. (Unless there was intent).

2). All of the occupants of the car would have to simultaneously and immediately have the exact same thought of covering this up. (Unless there was intent).

3). Every single occupant of the vehicle would have to remain verbally silent in the face of a very tragic situation. No exclamations, no cursing, no dialing of the cell phone, no anger projected at each other. Complete self control under extreme duress in the heat of the moment, at college age.

4). All of the occupants would have to have the ability to determine and triage within seconds that the impact caused death and they needed to clean this scene.

5). They would have to clean the scene to utmost cleanliness to avoid obvious detection.

6). The accident itself would have to have made little to no sound.

I am concluding this while operating under the assumption that TB, had he been hit by a car of frat boys, would have had this happen shortly after leaving the last known reported address.

Removing these assumptions, the possibility exists that he got in a car, rode with unknown people to a different location unknown to us, and was accidentally or with intent, hit with a car in that location.

However please refer to one of my previous links concerning the medical examiner's criteria on the labeling of a death as 'Homicidal Violence'. One could easily understand that the coroner, being a highly trained individual would be able, at autopsy to determine whether a vehicle crash with sufficient enough force to cause injury serious enough to result in death would have happened as opposed to the labeling of 'Homicidal Violence'. It is for this reason alone I must discount and dismiss the idea that he was killed by a car hitting him.

It's still a plausible theory.
As to your first point: Are you saying that everyone who is run over is run over with intent?

As to your second point: Why would they have to agree simultaneously & immediately? What if they agreed a few minutes apart?

As to third point: Just, why to ALL of it? And how do you know it was lots of people? It could have been two. They could talk without shouting (whisper, for instance). They could even use their phones. Who is saying they can't?

As to the fourth point: Um.. Pretty sure just one person could determine if there was a pulse or not. Pretty sure if one person said there was no pulse then another person could check too and they could reasonably determine whether or not he was breathing.

As to the fifth point: Picking up anything that was broke from a vehicle plus Tom's body wouldn't take very long. Cars stay surprisingly intact in an accident when they hit another motor vehicle. Hitting a human body probably wouldn't cause very much damage.

6th point: If they never hit the brakes/never saw Tom, I'm not sure it would make a lot of noise. It's a Bison football weekend in the middle of a busy weekend with a train station nearby.. People might be accustomed to the noise...

I just look at say, Christina Morris's mom for example, and granted, there is no "body" of proof of death, but as a mom who has a college son up there (again, not NDSU, but the other big college in the neighboring city) you wouldn't be able to shut me up. I'd be begging for anyone to come forward with anything they might have seen, might have heard, etc. As much as I could with my limited financial resources over a 1000 miles away. And again, my son said he really hasn't heard a word about it, no warnings, not crap. That I find a little odd, but it is a different school. You have a murderer walking around loose and no one seems to care. Again, no disrespect to the family or any one that lives up there, I don't know if it may be just because they are more reserved, more quiet, more keep to yourselves, I don't get it. But as I am always reminded, there but by the grace of God go I. I think I know how I would act, but who knows.

What if he was hit and that did not alone kill him - but further injuries were obtained if/when he was dragged/dumped that contributed to his death?

The term "homicidal violence" is awfully vague, but this article's definition gives me the impression that we can't rule much out:
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26624807/breaking-bearson-death-confirmed-as-homicide

BBM, MOO, etc.

Maybe the other injuries were added to make it inconsistent with being hit by a car, to buy some time to get car fixed or throw people off that trail. Just a thought.

Getting hit by a car is obvious, I am sure, to the ME

I agree. But "homicidal violence" can involve a vehicle. A vehicle can be used in a homicide. Hitting someone with a vehicle is violent. I'm not saying the ME got it wrong. I'm just saying that determining his death was a result of "homicidal violence" does not rule out TB being hit by a car.

What happened to the defensive wounds (having fought for his life) in the getting hit by a car scenario?

What happened to the defensive wounds (having fought for his life) in the getting hit by a car scenario?

True, true, just trying to come up with who/what and why. I hope they catch someone soon, but it sure doesn't sound encouraging.

1) I don't believe that it was ever confirmed that there were in fact defensive wounds.
2) When being hit by a car there would be small wounds to the hands and other places that would be consistent with defensive wounds.

Hopefully.
One would think that a person with a gunshot to the head found in a river with a backpack of rocks strapped to them with wire to weigh him down would be obvious to the police that it's a murder but that's not the case in North Dakota.

(Not arguing - just being cynical of LE.)

It's still a plausible theory.
As to your first point: Are you saying that everyone who is run over is run over with intent? I clearly wrote, "unless" and not "always with" intent.

As to your second point: Why would they have to agree simultaneously & immediately? What if they agreed a few minutes apart? Entirely too much time would elapse to remain undetected.

As to third point: Just, why to ALL of it? And how do you know it was lots of people? It could have been two. They could talk without shouting (whisper, for instance). They could even use their phones. Who is saying they can't? The 'Car LOAD of frat boys was not proposed by me but another member, I am just offering my opinion as to why it seems certainly illogical. Young men in the heat of the moment tend to shout. As far as why? Why not?

As to the fourth point: Um.. Pretty sure just one person could determine if there was a pulse or not. Pretty sure if one person said there was no pulse then another person could check too and they could reasonably determine whether or not he was breathing. Denial is one of the first natural reactions so the need to check for one's self to discover this shocking reality is nearly a certainty.

As to the fifth point: Picking up anything that was broke from a vehicle plus Tom's body wouldn't take very long. Cars stay surprisingly intact in an accident when they hit another motor vehicle. Hitting a human body probably wouldn't cause very much damage. At four in the morning it is very dark in Fargo, ND as well as the absolutely known, basic physiological fact that when someone is full of adrenaline their pupils dilate making it extremely difficult to focus in front of them on smaller objects or read. Very easy to leave critical pieces of evidence behind in that situation.

6th point: If they never hit the brakes/never saw Tom, I'm not sure it would make a lot of noise. It's a Bison football weekend in the middle of a busy weekend with a train station nearby.. People might be accustomed to the noise...
I didn't say they didn't see Tom. I am coming to the conclusion that they didn't hit the brakes based on the fact that absolutely no one has reported skid marks in a near location to where a murdered young man was supposedly last seen, despite tremendous amounts of searching in that concentrated area. People become accustomed to routine noises, however anything out of the ordinary such as a car crashing into a 6'2" body would catch their attention. However, you do make an excellent point and one I had not thought of, if there was a train going by that would have covered up just about any noise made by a crash. Stranger coincidences have happened.

Answers BBM in Blue in order to more accurately answer the questions posed.

1) I don't believe that it was ever confirmed that there were in fact defensive wounds.
2) When being hit by a car there would be small wounds to the hands and other places that would be consistent with defensive wounds.

In keeping up with the local news there locally to try to find any updates, in the town north of this one is a town Grand Forks, ND. There was an article online today that said a young woman was hit by a car while she was trying to put gas in her own car.

She suffered horrific wounds to her arm and knee.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/con...n-really-lucky-be-alive-after-getting-hit-car

The information about defensive wounds on TB's hands were unsubstantiated rumor and not found in MSM. As of yet, and please correct me if I'm wrong, no report anywhere by anyone has said anything other than he died of 'Homicidal Violence'.

I'm betting that there is an ordinance in that section of town to prevent a train going through there at 4 in the morning.

I brought over an article from the Sadek case a few miles away from May 2014. Mainly to demonstrate that the same LE language is being used in this current case as well. That case is still an "open investigation" all this time later with no updates as well. Another ND college student as well. Basically saying that there is no reason to believe there is any danger to the communities. How can LE agencies make those blanket statements when both death investigations have not been solved and killers not arrested?

Andrew's Autopsy Results
NCSCS Campus Police Department released the autopsy results Saturday afternoon after receiving the final autopsy report. Through a press release, campus police said because Sadek’s death as been ruled as undetermined, his case will be handled as an open investigation and an ongoing search for the weapon continues. “Based upon the facts of this case, campus police believe there is no threat to the campus community or the public,” officials said through a press release.
JMO's

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/news/article_6fcc6bbe-2b10-11e4-9a01-0019bb2963f4.html
I thought it might be interesting to revisit past media reports such as this one.

it seems that every time that there is a death by a hit and run you read all about it in the news with the police asking for help in finding the care. if the autopsy showed that TB was hit by a car, I dont get why the police wouldn't be asking for help in finding the driver. that makes me think its something else not a normal person hit by a car situation.

it seems that every time that there is a death by a hit and run you read all about it in the news with the police asking for help in finding the care. if the autopsy showed that TB was hit by a car, I dont get why the police wouldn't be asking for help in finding the driver. that makes me think its something else not a normal person hit by a car situation.

But if they don't know a make/model then what would they tell people to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back