ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://*************.com/2014/09/23...gory-bearson-missing-since-92014-in-fargo-nd/

CM is interviewed in this article when TB was still considered missing about the lost tweet. CM said TB and JW did find a ride to his place after the tweet. CM isn't saying 'no,no, the tweet was in reference to Call of Duty." According to his statement they were seeking an actual ride. I no longer give any credence to the theory that the tweet was about a video game. No way.

Pure speculation but I think something less sinister is going on.

My first theory when I heard of this case was TB jumped a train to try to go back to his hometown; the train tracks go right by the trap where he was last seen. On the train tracks going out of Fargo a train can go east towards Sartell or turn south to South Dakota.

My thought he jumped the train but unfortunately it turned south instead of keeping east. Once he realized he jumped out, got injured and stumbled to the RV lot, and died. If he was drunk/on drugs they may have ruled it a "homicide" so they could persecute anyone that supplied the alcohol or drugs. There has been other cases in the area they ruled a homicide where a person OD on drugs or got drunk/drove home and crashed so they could go after the person/s that served them.

I am coming around to thinking that something like this may be the case. Yes it was probable wrong for who ever supplied TB the drugs/alcohol but no one directly murdered him.

Sorry... I disagree with just about this entire post.
What would lead you to any of these conclusions?
(Not bickering with you.. Just asking why you feel this way?)

yeah that was my first thought too actually, the train thing. I heard other people come to the same conclusion too, before it was called a homicide.

It was the only connection between the area by the "trap" and the rv place that I could see. Also, at that time they were searching for a missing person, so the media was actually talking about it. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure they were saying on KFGO that they had a dog following a trail west of the trap house when it lost the scent. I figured that woulda been in that area where the trains are sometimes stopped back there.

Guess I had never considered the train...
Maybe he was attacked & left for dead in a train car but jumped off of the train when he awoke & died from injuries @ Larry's RV & Recreation?

Pure speculation. (And I feel sort of bad for speculating so much.)

Pure speculation but I think something less sinister is going on.

My first theory when I heard of this case was TB jumped a train to try to go back to his hometown; the train tracks go right by the trap where he was last seen. On the train tracks going out of Fargo a train can go east towards Sartell or turn south to South Dakota.

My thought he jumped the train but unfortunately it turned south instead of keeping east. Once he realized he jumped out, got injured and stumbled to the RV lot, and died. If he was drunk/on drugs they may have ruled it a "homicide" so they could persecute anyone that supplied the alcohol or drugs. There has been other cases in the area they ruled a homicide where a person OD on drugs or got drunk/drove home and crashed so they could go after the person/s that served them.

I am coming around to thinking that something like this may be the case. Yes it was probable wrong for who ever supplied TB the drugs/alcohol but no one directly murdered him.

I think if someone had supplied him with drugs or alcohol and he died, the manner of death would have been negligent homicide (they did provide him with substances but they didn't intend for him to die). But the manner of death was ruled homicidal violence----meaning someone intentionally killed him.

I think its most likely he was in the RV lot place all 4 days and not left there at a later time. On the Larrys Rv sales website their hours are: Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. So no one would have seen him Saturday and Sunday, and its likely they dont do a full walkthrough every day of their property, so they didn't notice anything on Monday. But a big open lot which is closed on the weekends seems like a place where mischief can happen. What are the chances that they don't lock some of the RVs and college kids go there as a hangout spot to drink.. etc on the weekends

That's exactly what I was going to say -- sort of, I know I read or watched a video where the RV personnel said that they don't even lock their rvs. My kids were always amazed that most of the students at their college never locked their cars. It kind of shocked me when I heard about the rvs being unlocked though, crikey you'd think they'd have some thefts or a lot of things. That's a nice little home on wheels.

So I was wondering (& maybe confusing myself here) but why would JW be the one to use TB's phone to tweet/text the "we're so lost" to CM? Why not TB tweet or text himself? If TB didn't have a car, we could presume he wasn't driving during the "lost" message, right?

What was wrong with TB that he couldn't use his own phone to send that message? Doesn't JW have his own phone?

I really don't see young college kids sharing phones as routine---no need to. They all have their own & they are all "connected" via social media.

I find this suspicious. I also find it suspicious that we haven't heard from LE, associates, parents, etc.

They aren't all going to just resign themselves that TB is just gone.....are they?

Yes me too! I have asked others on here for possible scenarios they could come up with for why JW would have been the one to send the tweet on TB's phone also. I've heard some reasons e.g. maybe JW didn't have his phone or it was dead, and CM was actually JW's friend and TB wouldn't have had the number in his contacts, and maybe JW didn't know the number by heart, so he used TB's, etc., etc....But, it still seems really odd to me, and why go through TB's twitter rather than his own? Just odd...

Quite a few were speculating but I posted that from my own experience, when your phone is going dead or is dead and you use someone else's phone to text someone, the caller ID won't show who you are. (The exception is that if the person who's phone you are using is listed in the recipient's contact list, then their information will show up in that phone, however you will still have to identify that you are the caller/texter and not the phone owner). Confused yet? :D

As in if I use someone else's phone to text a friend of mine I will get a reply, "Who is this?" Then you have to send a text back, "Oh this is Sandy and my phone died, so I'm using this phone." Just easier from the get go to announce who you are.

It's important to note that he does say, "This is Jake" so just by that you see he isn't attempting to mislead the recipient of the tweet. He is stating who he is.

The way these phones get passed back and forth and constantly used I just didn't think a thing of it.

I haven't seen phones getting passed back and forth much amongst that age group that I've been around. They each have their own phones, and are pretty protective of them. In fact, they don't seem to let their phones even get out of their sight. From my vantage point, the young treat their phones like a wallet (maybe even better actually!)

Can you clarify a few things I'm having difficulty understanding? Modding is hacking? Such as pirating games, movies, or music perhaps? Or do you mean hacking into anothers' game? I'm not sure I understand... And, how does that relate to drug or alcohol use? Or are you referring to stating being "lost" as to the jargon that might be used if someone where affected by either of those?

I apologize for the delayed response, poor grammar, and typos in advance. I'm at work and posting from my phone.

Modding or hacking a game basically involves using code, programs, servers, or something as simple as a modded controller or finding glitches and using them to your advantage. You cause havoc for other players. You don't die when shot, can shoot through walls, can't miss a shot regardless of where you are aiming, your player appears to be using a rifle, however; it operates like a machine gun. It's cheating and you can get banned. If someone was new at modding or hacking the "lost" tweet could reference not knowing what they're doing and they need help. I know it has been referenced he played Call of Duty (COD) but it doesn't specify which, if any, in particular. I can't recall if it was ever mentioned what system he played on, console or PC. COD Ghosts released the final downloadable content (DLC) on 8/5 for XBox360 and XBone and on 9/4 for PS3, PS4, and PC. He should have had plenty of time to become familiar with the new map packs by then and shouldn't have been lost.

My reference to my familiarity with the word lost in regards to drug and alcohol use is unrelated to gaming. It's just something the younger people (insert old man shaking fist and shouting "you hooligans stay off my lawn") say when they get drunk or high, "Man, I'm getting lost tonight. YOLO!" "Dude, you were totally lost, you were so rekt." This is not from personally getting "lost" but transporting, caring for, and interacting with "lost" persons. They tend to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

I apologize for the delayed response, poor grammar, and typos in advance. I'm at work and posting from my phone.

Modding or hacking a game basically involves using code, programs, servers, or something as simple as a modded controller or finding glitches and using them to your advantage. You cause havoc for other players. You don't die when shot, can shoot through walls, can't miss a shot regardless of where you are aiming, your player appears to be using a rifle, however; it operates like a machine gun. It's cheating and you can get banned. If someone was new at modding or hacking the "lost" tweet could reference not knowing what they're doing and they need help. I know it has been referenced he played Call of Duty (COD) but it doesn't specify which, if any, in particular. I can't recall if it was ever mentioned what system he played on, console or PC. COD Ghosts released the final downloadable content (DLC) on 8/5 for XBox360 and XBone and on 9/4 for PS3, PS4, and PC. He should have had plenty of time to become familiar with the new map packs by then and shouldn't have been lost.

My reference to my familiarity with the word lost in regards to drug and alcohol use is unrelated to gaming. It's just something the younger people (insert old man shaking fist and shouting "you hooligans stay off my lawn") say when they get drunk or high, "Man, I'm getting lost tonight. YOLO!" "Dude, you were totally lost, you were so rekt." This is not from personally getting "lost" but transporting, caring for, and interacting with "lost" persons. They tend to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

I really appreciate the information Guest User! Good to know!
In this situation, however, I'm almost absolutely certain that it has been established in my mind that the "lost" tweet was not in reference to any type of gaming activity. Being "lost" and "going to die" as the tweet stated, even if that was referring to "not knowing what you're doing and needing help", it would not be the cause of dying in the game. Even with modding, you STILL die, you are only improving YOUR kill:death ratio. Very rarely, do players, even that mod, never die. As my son put it, all a real stretcchhhhh... But thank you!

Just a bit of info regarding phone use....
Where i'm from, yes, most young people have phones which they keep with them all the time.
However, many many people don't have unlimited calls/texts/internet usage on their phone-contract, also many people are on pay-as-you-go not contract, which also limits your out-going services to some degree.
So as a result they're ALWAYS using each others phone's to contact others, literally, always.
So you might get a call from a number thats stored in your phone as Jimmy only to find out its Harry, he just didn't have any credit on his own phone so he used jimmys phone instead.
Their phones aren't considered shared property at all, its just that there's always someone with no credit on their phone (harry) and always someone with credit on theirs that they can use (jimmy).
This kind of thing is totally normal, it happens literally all the time.
And the person with no credit for out-going calls can still receive incoming calls, so their own phone is still on and you can still contact them yourself. They just don't have the ability to contact YOU.
I hope this is helpful.

Where i'm from, yes, most young people have phones which they keep with them all the time.
However, many many people don't have unlimited calls/texts/internet usage on their phone-contract, also many people are on pay-as-you-go not contract, which also limits your out-going services to some degree.
So as a result they're ALWAYS using each others phone's to contact others, literally, always.
So you might get a call from a number thats stored in your phone as Jimmy only to find out its Harry, he just didn't have any credit on his own phone so he used jimmys phone instead.
Their phones aren't considered shared property at all, its just that there's always someone with no credit on their phone (harry) and always someone with credit on theirs that they can use (jimmy).
And the person with no credit for out-going calls can still receive incoming calls, so their own phone is still on and you can still contact them yourself. They just don't have the ability to contact YOU.
I hope this is helpful.

True & thank you. But IMO, the **content** of that particular call (if it wasn't about gaming which I feel it wasn't) would negate anyone worrying about call rates.
My feelings run along the lines of TB not being able to talk, tweet, text---for reasons unknown.

yeah that was my first thought too actually, the train thing. I heard other people come to the same conclusion too, before it was called a homicide.

It was the only connection between the area by the "trap" and the rv place that I could see. Also, at that time they were searching for a missing person, so the media was actually talking about it. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure they were saying on KFGO that they had a dog following a trail west of the trap house when it lost the scent. I figured that woulda been in that area where the trains are sometimes stopped back there.
I'm glad you mentioned the scent trail. I have been looking for a news report that was made by one of our local stations here who reported the same thing. Wonder how far from the trap it was before they lost the scent trail? Was it a block, several blocks, why did the trail stop? If we take the train scenario out of the equation what other reasons would there be for the loss of the scent trail?

oh ok, that's good that I didn't imagine that then I wasn't sure, since I wasn't paying very close attention at that point. I don't believe they specified how far they followed it.

If it wasn't a train, it could have been him getting into a car. I wonder if there was any sign of a struggle anywhere where the scent stopped. also I don't know how reliable dogs are, do they sometimes just lose the scent randomly?

The dorm was to the north, so going too far to the west would indicate that he's lost or intending to go somewhere other than the dorm I guess.

edit: also, the scent could have been from earlier in the night maybe? maybe the trail was from when he arrived rather than departed. who knows

Since COD is an online-interactive game, wouldn't there be record of TB's gaming account activity during that evening? As in, if he were playing, wouldn't it show that his profile was actively playing at that time?
My only other thought is that if TB were actively playing the game *both hands on the controller*, that he could have J send the tweet because his hands were busy and the number they were sending it to was already saved as a contact in TB's phone which just makes it quicker.

Since COD is an online-interactive game, wouldn't there be record of TB's gaming account activity during that evening? As in, if he were playing, wouldn't it show that his profile was actively playing at that time?
My only other thought is that if TB were actively playing the game *both hands on the controller*, that he could have J send the tweet because his hands were busy and the number they were sending it to was already saved as a contact in TB's phone which just makes it quicker.

Good point re: checking TB's Xbox online gaming activity.
I would think this theory could quickly be expelled or confirmed.
Again, I personally have a hard time believing it was a game-related tweet but it could certainly be an easy enough thing to confirm or deny by LE.

I hope this is helpful.

Incoming calls use up minutes just like outgoing calls so I don't understand how one could receive a call if they were out of minutes.

The way I understood it, CM was JW's friend and roomie, not TB's. So...wouldn't JW have the contact in his own phone more likely than TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member