ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the brass tacks of this thing is that a young kid goes off to school and a month later he's dead.

Not from a rogue trolley car or his own hand. A tree didn't fall on him in the park, he didn't get hit by the snow plow or get trapped in the revolving doors at the mall and die. Nope, this kid was murdered.

I was trying to think back today on other cases where LE just went completely SILENT like this, but off hand I could not.

Ironically enough, in my opinion the longer they are completely silent the more attention that silence is going to draw.

Kind of like when your kids are in the other room playing and everything goes quiet. That's when you KNOW you had better get in there before the legos get loaded into the potato gun.

The other interesting thing here is the silence of the media in that area. We don't see much from the media following up on this and that has me concerned.

So then, you just have to ask yourself, WHY.

Now, going on a logical line of thinking here, let's just say some of these ideas up in this thread are plausible and there is corruption in the ranks. I can handle that, it's not the first time that has happened in LE. But we are forgetting here that the FBI is also involved.

So by this, 'Corruption Theory' then we would have to assume that whoever is running the show in Fargo/Moorhead has enough power to also corrupt or silence the freaking FBI.

I don't see that as logical or plausible.

Who is the county attorney in Moorhead?

Could be the hold up right there.

In my own, 'real life' I know of three instances where the county attorney felt that yes, something had gone very wrong and yes, something should be done about it but "NO" there was not enough evidence to go in front of a judge or grand jury and present the thing without getting laughed right out of the courtroom.

In my opinion, the county attorney is a highly underestimated player in many of these cases.

Might be something going on like that.

Very good points, IB.

I wonder how closely the FBI is involved though. I've also never heard of the FBI "outing" local LE on anything. Dissension in any rank in LE is nil. They are a close-knit bunch. These FBI agents didn't come from Washington. They are local people from Fargo.

Yes. All in all. It's a hard pill to swallow.

What do you make of the trip to the local hospital for Tom on the night he got his DWI? Anyone have any theories on that?

Was the FBI brought into the Sadek case? He was found in Minnesota so he crossed state lines too. Anyone know that?

These FBI agents didn't come from Washington. They are local people.

Are you sure about that? I don't know but i always thought FBI people got moved around a lot and can end up with a posting just about anywhere. I'm asking if anyone knows how these assignments are made. I'm skeptical that a local boy gets Fargo automatically.

If it's like the military which is what I'm familiar with - and since its federal i'd lean towards yes - then the needs of the govt override. Meaning - there is little preference made as far as who is from where when assigment needs arise. My hope is the FBI would intentionally not assign locals. For the exact reason this topic is raised here.

With all due respect, NDSU is not Yale. And I was not speaking about Annie Le nor was I speaking of sending/not sending my children there. Although based on the publics nonchalant attitude about kids being murdered, I'd tend to send my own children to a different college in a different state. If they could get accepted to Yale, I'd gladly send them there. Unfortunately they inherited their fathers DNA (mine) which will not allow them an entrance in an Ivy League school.

You're missing my point. You said TB probably wouldn't have been murdered if he hadn't attended NDSU. Well, of course he wouldn't have because he wouldn't have been in the same location as the person who murdered him. Annie Le was an example to make the point. If she hadn't been attending Yale, she wouldn't have been murdered because the murderer was at Yale---- at the same location she was at.

Are you sure about that? I don't know but i always thought FBI people got moved around a lot and can end up with a posting just about anywhere. I'm asking if anyone knows how these assignments are made. I'm skeptical that a local boy gets Fargo automatically.

If it's like the military which is what I'm familiar with - and since its federal i'd lean towards yes - then the needs of the govt override. Meaning - there is little preference made as far as who is from where when assigment needs arise. My hope is the FBI would intentionally not assign locals. For the exact reason this topic is raised here.

The FBI has 7 local locations throughout Minnesota & 4 in No Dakota.
They would not be bringing in outside agents for a case like this. They may want to seek intelligence info from FBI special agents as a source of reference or comparison--data driven collection stuff.

All moo

Was the FBI brought into the Sadek case? He was found in Minnesota so he crossed state lines too. Anyone know that?

I believe I read somewhere that the FBI was briefly consulted early into the AS case when he was still a missing person (for profiling purposes).
They were not asked to be brought in after that.

But I could be wrong....

Moo

What could that possibly have to do with this??? That was in July... Do you have proof TB was in the area on that day? And who was in Urgent Care? I get the desire to follow the tweet thing... but that is really reaching.

I think the tweet & reply tweet in July are important & unusual.
I don't think anyone here said that's when the violent homicide occurred 'cause that would be preposterous.
But the kids nowadays tweet their whole lives out there.
July 22nd's (the back & forth) was significant.
DYODD.

Moo

You're missing my point. You said TB probably wouldn't have been murdered if he hadn't attended NDSU. Well, of course he wouldn't have because he wouldn't have been in the same location as the person who murdered him. Annie Le was an example to make the point. If she hadn't been attending Yale, she wouldn't have been murdered because the murderer was at Yale---- at the same location she was at.

I think you are missing my point as well, sir. :)
I am not blaming NDSU. Just simply stated that his choice in colleges was deadly.

The FBI has 7 local locations throughout Minnesota & 4 in No Dakota.
They would not be bringing in outside agents for a case like this. They may want to seek intelligence info from FBI special agents as a source of reference or comparison--data driven collection stuff.

All moo

I understand that - but if my THEORY is on the mark, those agents assigned in ND and MN likely haven't been there for years and years. Like 2-3 yrs at the most? Again, assumptions - but I'd think its not likely they'd be swept up into the corruption situation. Police chiefs/leadership and local govt leaders have grown up in that environment and I'd submit to you would be much more susceptible to that sort of thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gwtaRuxcmk

This one is worth a watch. All of the police vehicles at the crime scent are Fargo's, not Moorhead's.
Listen to the very last ten seconds of this one. These people are more reliable reporters than Fargo has, IMO.

Interesting vehicles noted in the video in one quick shot outside the RV lot---all unmarked. Hmmm...

Also, this video of the news highlights again that it was someone the police interviewed that lead to the location of TB.

So someone knows something....
....and it is not pursued?

Nearly impossible to believe, IMO.

Interesting vehicles noted in the video in one quick shot outside the RV lot---all unmarked. Hmmm...

How is the presence of unmarked cars at a murder scene suspicious? And why is it surprising to see Fargo cop cars there?

How is the presence of unmarked cars at a murder scene suspicious? And why is it surprising to see Fargo cop cars there?

In one clip, I did not see any other cars other than unmarked SUV's....no Fargo LE cars at all.
That surprises me a little.

In one clip, I did not see any other cars other than unmarked SUV's....no Fargo LE cars at all.
That surprises me a little.

Why? Im missing your point i think because I'm sure you know detectives from both cities would be there and they don't typically drive marked squad cars. Whatchya drivin at honey?

Why? Im missing your point i think because I'm sure you know detectives from both cities would be there and they don't typically drive marked squad cars. Whatchya drivin at honey?

FBI.....but heck, I could be wrong.

Everyone all typed out? Daammmmnnn....

No, and not hardly. However, Websleuths has paid my tuition to 'Banned Camp' so many times that I find myself reformed. (OK well maybe not really but I try to behave myself so that I can still come on here).

WHO ELSE is going to listen to me go on and on about this case? Not my friends. My kids don't want to hear it. The UPS man doesn't have the time, he's all just, "Sign the line ma'am."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member