ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM; Simply not true with pre paid phones. There is currently nothing, NO requirement at ALL to require anyone that buys a pre paid phone to register that phone in their real name.

Zero.

ZIP.

Nada.

I can go tonight to any big box store and purchase a pre paid phone with cash and then activate it using a phony name and zipcode. Done deal. I can buy a pre paid phone from someone on Craig's list that is 'open' and go buy a sims card from any pre paid phone company, pay cash and you will NEVER know who I am.

There are many ways around this.

Why create a situation for a potential tipster to have to go many ways around this? With NO guarantee of lack of resulting subpoena?--should another tipster come along and say "I know it was _ _ _ _ that called in that anonymous tip".

I have a gruesome question. If a victim were left in the elements in ND from early Saturday morning until almost noon on the following Tuesday would the victim not show "homicidal violence" when found? Ordinary decomposition plus animal and other predator activity would make any corpse have that appearance, IMO. To me the key to that night is the timeline, from Tommy being bored on a Friday night to being dead shortly after (allegedly 3:40 AM). The list of those with knowledge cannot be that long. When was the last time that "best friend" PF say he snap chatted him? And where has JW gone? Now cannot find any SM footprint of him?

JMO's

I sincerely believe the medical examiner or coroner can differentiate between decomp, animal activity, etc., versus homicidal violence

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

We have three people claiming that PF was Tom's "best friend". PF, PF's mother, and an anonymous Brandon14. This is just my opinion, and anyone on here can run amuck with claiming I'm judging, because yes I am. It is my personal opinion that this was too flamboyantly advertised, without any verification from anyone other than those three people. So, I for one, am reserving my decision on how much I choose to accept that as a fact.

Again, (BBM) because, you are simply wrong. Please refer to the previous 2-3 posts I just made. You are ASSUMING that the person calling in the tip is using a traceable phone.

The trouble with all of this is that people ASSUME too much. They assume that all crimes called in are on the same level. NOT true.

The severity and seriousness of the crimes that we are discussing vary from petty misdemeanors to murder. If someone is connected to a murder and has knowledge that could jeopardize their lives, I highly doubt they are calling in an anonymous tip from a landline phone.

There is also the assumption or the lack of knowledge that not everyone out there lives on the grid. Whole segments of the population live off the grid, financially, purchasing electronics from friends or other people who make a living this way.

Caller ID only works if the phone number is legit and the name attached to it is legit. Other than that? You've got SQUAT.

Also, Rocco calling into law enforcement wasn't a problem. If Law enforcement had a problem with it they would have told him.

There isn't a PD in this country that would have a problem with a resident calling and asking for clarification on their policies/ procedures. Clarification is pointless though for those who beleive LE lies about everything, every young person who dies is a CI recruited by LE and then thown under the bus by them, and every investigation that doesn't reveal something nefarious is a cover up.

Time to move on.

:deadhorse:

I have a gruesome question. If a victim were left in the elements in ND from early Saturday morning until almost noon on the following Tuesday would the victim not show "homicidal violence" when found? Ordinary decomposition plus animal and other predator activity would make any corpse have that appearance, IMO. To me the key to that night is the timeline, from Tommy being bored on a Friday night to being dead shortly after (allegedly 3:40 AM). The list of those with knowledge cannot be that long. When was the last time that "best friend" PF say he snap chatted him? And where has JW gone? Now cannot find any SM footprint of him?

JMO's
All good questions...the only thing I wonder is.. how do we know that Tom was actually there since early Saturday? I also find it interesting that JW has seemingly disappeared from the SM arena. I personally don't believe he has any culpability but it is odd he has not used SM.

We have three people claiming that PF was Tom's "best friend". PF, PF's mother, and an anonymous Brandon14. This is just my opinion, and anyone on here can run amuck with claiming I'm judging, because yes I am. It is my personal opinion that this was too flamboyantly advertised, without any verification from anyone other than those three people. So, I for one, am reserving my decision on how much I choose to accept that as a fact.

To be fair, there hasn't been any verification of anything fromTB's family. If I base my characterization of their friendship on anything it would have to be the social media accounts of the key players in TB's social circle and their expanded social circles. Based on the aforementioned I would say they were bf's. There was also a MSM article that described PF in that capacity. With that said is there a reason why, other than lack of verification, that you don't find this credible? What would the motive be for PF to make this statement if it were not true?

All good questions...the only thing I wonder is.. how do we know that Tom was actually there since early Saturday? I also find it interesting that JW has seemingly disappeared from the SM arena. I personally don't believe he has any culpability but it is odd he has not used SM.

It seems to me that he was with Tommy from at least 1:23 AM until 3:40 AM (according to CM) and he has not made any comment publicly even though was a "friend from HS" and has deleted all SM. Is he one that lawyered up? If so why?

JMO's

Hoping that perhaps on TB's upcoming birthday (dob 1/6/96) lady justice will bestow the best gift. Wouldn't that be nice??!!!

RIP TB

Nice to see you Honey and yes it would be a wonderful gift.

Same back at you, Onamission!

I don't post much on this thread here but I still think of TB & keep my eyes open, especially SM regarding this case, iykwim.

Same back at you, Onamission!

I don't post much on this thread here but I still think of TB & keep my eyes open, especially SM regarding this case, iykwim.
Oh yes I know exactly what you mean....I don't post much here either but I have been watching SM with eyes wide open.

To be fair, there hasn't been any verification of anything fromTB's family. If I base my characterization of their friendship on anything it would have to be the social media accounts of the key players in TB's social circle and their expanded social circles. Based on the aforementioned I would say they were bf's. There was also a MSM article that described PF in that capacity. With that said is there a reason why, other than lack of verification, that you don't find this credible? What would the motive be for PF to make this statement if it were not true?

It's ok with me for anyone else to go ahead and be as fair with this as they choose. My perception is that what I have read and seen in that regard was too flamboyant, and appeared somewhat self-serving. Social media has apparently painted a different picture for you than it has for me. The MSM article was information supplied as I already mentioned by PF, and PF's mother. I have no idea why it was SO IMPORTANT, and for my own opinion, that there is where the problem lies in accepting it as a fact.

It's ok with me for anyone else to go ahead and be as fair with this as they choose. My perception is that what I have read and seen in that regard was too flamboyant, and appeared somewhat self-serving. Social media has apparently painted a different picture for you than it has for me. The MSM article was information supplied as I already mentioned by PF, and PF's mother. I have no idea why it was SO IMPORTANT, and for my own opinion, that there is where the problem lies in accepting it as a fact.

I agree with you. PF appears to be a recent "best" friend of Tom, perhaps high school?...Tom has many friends that date back to when they were young kids... the accolades of these friendships can be found on his memorial page...quite contrasting in my opinion.

I guess I just don't understand why this is important. I have seen a couple articles where there friendship has been mentioned, a couple social media posts, the letter from PF's mom to the editor of the paper rebuking the paper for the story they chose to write about TB and that's pretty much it. I must be missing something. If there's more to this can you please point me in the right direction?

I guess I just don't understand why this is important. I have seen a couple articles where there friendship has been mentioned, a couple social media posts, the letter from PF's mom to the editor of the paper rebuking the paper for the story they chose to write about TB and that's pretty much it. I must be missing something. If there's more to this can you please point me in the right direction?

Exactly my opinion/thought on that. Why SO important, why SO flamboyant, and why SO self-serving? Tom did have many other friends who he'd actually grown up with and who obviously continue to miss him deeply and want justice. We are not allowed to discuss social media information/posts here on Websleuths.
Others opinion might not fit mine, and I am just fine with that.

I'm in agreement with you here, I just don't see the problem. Throughout my life I've met people who I've just instantly felt a deep bond with and remain friends with to this day. It is EASY to feel you are very, very good friends with someone after only a short period of time.

Kindred spirits.

By this same token, I have known some people here in town for 20+ years and every time I see them it's like I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Hoping that perhaps on TB's upcoming birthday (dob 1/6/96) lady justice will bestow the best gift. Wouldn't that be nice??!!!

RIP TB

Lady Justice is taking a big long nap in this country and she took her nasty sister Lady Luck with her. We're on our own.

For gosh sakes, just solve this case!!! Who killed Tom??? He was a young man that should have had a long life ahead of him. Should have been enjoying the last of his teenage years, and heading towards adulthood. Instead, that option was removed. I don't believe you didn't leave behind any clues!!! It may take the labs awhile to get all the results back to LE, but keep looking over your shoulder! NOTHING written online is every truly gone!! LE has ways to get anything, and everything. It is usually in your best interest to go to them with info before they come knocking on the door, or pull you over in a traffic stop to arrest you!!! Tom's life mattered!!!

Someone knows something! Crime Stoppers Minnesota website: http://crimestoppersmn.org/howitworks.aspx
Hotline for tips 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
•Your contact with us is anonymous
•You may be eligible to receive a reward of up to $1,000
•You can report on any felony crime or fugitive you have knowledge about, whether or not it has been in the news or on this site.

Stop the bickering back and forth. Discuss the case in a respectful manner. And those who keep making remarks about other posters, you need to stop. I mean NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME