ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to just move on....and I failed. So, I must ask: what exactly are you inferring? Just so I don't wrongly assume.

I then am obligated to ask: what is the basis to the implication you are making?

The main point I am inferring is the growing number of student deaths at colleges that seem to be explained away due to "drinking too much" and drug overdose, etc. without really doing what I consider full investigations. The case that I linked is only one example of many. If the ME and LE says "no foul play" because of freezing to death, there is no real investigation as to how she got to where she was to die? If the students at the party agree to a "pact" of a story the death could go on with no charges and no real Justice for the victim. I live in a college town in MO and there have been two student deaths here that LE has said "there is no evidence of foul play", just this last semester. Once said there is nothing afterwards. The students body is sent home to the parents and that's that.

Another example from KU:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24167116/lawrence-police-search-for-missing-ku-student

IIRC the friend of Tommy's that stated he had the gold chain that he wore and was pictured with. But it was not mentioned whether Tommy gave it to him or how he came to have it. Usually guys don't give other guys jewelry, IMO. So I am wondering if maybe I missed something, or how he came to now have that chain. The story states that he came to the area to help search for Tommy, but when and for how long? I will try to find the link to that story regarding the gold chain.

JMO's

IIRC the friend of Tommy's that stated he had the gold chain that he wore and was pictured with. But it was not mentioned whether Tommy gave it to him or how he came to have it. Usually guys don't give other guys jewelry, IMO. So I am wondering if maybe I missed something, or how he came to now have that chain. The story states that he came to the area to help search for Tommy, but when and for how long? I will try to find the link to that story regarding the gold chain.

JMO's[/QUOTE]

Necklace discussion is at the end of this article where the NDSU roommate was interviewed as well as PF (the best friend who attends BSU).

Found the article: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...emains-mystery

On the subject of Tommy's jewelry there was a report of his bracelet being found in his pocket when found. I can't remember which article. It is unusual to take your bracelet off and put it in your pocket, especially a young man that seemed to like his "bling". Also knowing the coins and things in your pocket will scratch it. What would cause him to do that?
Was he in a situation that he thought he would be robbed?

Just Wondering?

On the subject of Tommy's jewelry there was a report of his bracelet being found in his pocket when found. I can't remember which article. It is unusual to take your bracelet off and put it in your pocket, especially a young man that seemed to like his "bling". Also knowing the coins and things in your pocket will scratch it. What would cause him to do that?
Was he in a situation that he thought he would be robbed?

Just Wondering?

It has been documented that CI's are often given watches armed with listening devices. Andrew Sadek's bracelet was found in his pocket as well.

Scary coincidence?

As to the reason posting has slowed to a crawl, that's easy... no news, and theories have been discussed. We all want justice for Tommy. We can disagree.

As to the WS rules, well yeah we all wish we could bring in the "s/he said" commentaries, but that may or may not be factual. We (sometimes mistakenly) trust MSM for those facts. They get it wrong too, but they are not really investigating this case.

Often we see no news in cases, it is normal. LE (rightly) doesn't broadcast what they have because they need that in court.

As to the CI theory... my God that will make me see red.

And last, no new stuff, but here is the Thomas Bearson Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Thomas Bearson -ND-?sort=6&page=1

CI Theory making YOU see red? Imagine the parents of a child who was murdered due to the police involving them in operations they are neither trained for, paid for and who are too immature to realize the inherent danger in. That will really make a person see red.

With respect to you, not if you have a prepaid phone.

Long ago with the land line yes, but here in the middle of the frozen wasteland of America, if you have a prepaid phone they could trace the number but there is no requirement to register your legal name to the number.

I see this as both good and bad.

I have a landline and call the non emergency number for when I think it is not an emergency but want to report something . I will eat my hat if it is not known instantly what my number is.

I have only a prepaid phone as a cell phone for emergencies. I had to sign up with ID, but it is Verizon. My Virgin mobile phone no longer works without a contract, although they claim it is not a contract.

My phone also does not work in many places including my home.

So that is a lot of changes people would have to go through to make an anonymous call.

The main point I am inferring is the growing number of student deaths at colleges that seem to be explained away due to "drinking too much" and drug overdose, etc. without really doing what I consider full investigations. The case that I linked is only one example of many. If the ME and LE says "no foul play" because of freezing to death, there is no real investigation as to how she got to where she was to die? If the students at the party agree to a "pact" of a story the death could go on with no charges and no real Justice for the victim. I live in a college town in MO and there have been two student deaths here that LE has said "there is no evidence of foul play", just this last semester. Once said there is nothing afterwards. The students body is sent home to the parents and that's that.

Another example from KU:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24167116/lawrence-police-search-for-missing-ku-student

JMO's
Alright - I'm not sure what would cause you to say PD's in 3 states - examples given - are not doing "full investigations" on these deaths.

Drunken hypothermia doesn't cry out foul play to me. And I'd put good money on the ME doing a full autopsy to rule out anything more sinister in each of these cases.

I guess I don't buy the theory (?) there's more to these than college kids doing dumb things....an unfortunate and terribly tragic situation. I also don't know this is any different now than 20-30-50 years ago. If anything, we should be appalled and called to action to raise awareness of the dangers of alcohol for these kids. If There's a sign of the times here perhaps it's a situation where these suddenly "free" kids don't know how to handle their alcohol as well as college kids did 20 years ago? I don't know if this thought is supported by facts in any way - just throwing it out.

I believe this is a problem and a large concern but I fall way short of blaming LE For not investigating fully with the info we have before us. Not entirely sure that's where you're headed so correct me if I'm wrong on that statement.

Stop the back and forth. There will be no further warnings.

Another missing student found in PA river. Today.

"PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The body of a West Chester University student who disappeared on Thanksgiving after a night out with friends was recovered Saturday from the Schuylkill River, less than half a mile downstream from where he was last seen."

"Shane Montgomery's parents say the body pulled from the water Saturday was his. Authorities had not yet confirmed the identity pending a review by the Philadelphia medical examiner's office."

IMO the best way to have a good crime / solve rate is to not claim a crime was committed. To me you cannot find answers to a question you never ask.

Proudpapa you are correct in the one case I cited from KU. The ME determined that the student had two skull fractures apparently from slipping on the ice and falling. He was found in the ladies back yard (frozen grass). How do you get TWO fractures from that fall? Each case is what it is on each own. I just have seen so many closed cases before they were even opened. I am not here to prove a theory or sell anything, simply my observations of several cases over the last year or so.

JMO's

http://news.yahoo.com/body-missing-pa-college-student-recovered-195547184.html

I think the essential point I was trying to pose has been lost in the shuffle. Why cause a possibly already hesitant tipster to have to sleuth a way or use a backdoor to call anonymously? Isn’t the point to make them feel safe about their decision, and perhaps “lead” them so to speak to hopefully make that decision? Openly advertising a guaranteed anonymous tip line in association with the case, increases the potential of an otherwise reluctant or scared tipster offering information possibly vital to a resolution. The guarantee for the person utilizing this tool when offered through Crimestoppers, ensures that the tips can never be breached in court, and they can be subpoenaed, but it ensures that never coming to actuality. These guarantees are not in place when calling a law enforcement agency declaring self-proclaimed anonymity, or using a prepaid phone, or utilizing *67….or any other manner of trying to hide behind your phone.

I think the essential point I was trying to pose has been lost in the shuffle. Why cause a possibly already hesitant tipster to have to sleuth a way or use a backdoor to call anonymously? Isn’t the point to make them feel safe about their decision, and perhaps “lead” them so to speak to hopefully make that decision? Openly advertising a guaranteed anonymous tip line in association with the case, increases the potential of an otherwise reluctant or scared tipster offering information possibly vital to a resolution. The guarantee for the person utilizing this tool when offered through Crimestoppers, ensures that the tips can never be breached in court, and they can be subpoenaed, but it ensures that never coming to actuality. These guarantees are not in place when calling a law enforcement agency declaring self-proclaimed anonymity, or using a prepaid phone, or utilizing *67….or any other manner of trying to hide behind your phone.

I agree with you on this. Throwing the word 'anonymously' into a statement regarding calling a tip line may just be the reassurance a tipster might need.

BBM; Simply not true with pre paid phones. There is currently nothing, NO requirement at ALL to require anyone that buys a pre paid phone to register that phone in their real name.

Zero.

ZIP.

Nada.

I can go tonight to any big box store and purchase a pre paid phone with cash and then activate it using a phony name and zipcode. Done deal. I can buy a pre paid phone from someone on Craig's list that is 'open' and go buy a sims card from any pre paid phone company, pay cash and you will NEVER know who I am.

There are many ways around this.

I live in a very rural, very small town and our budget is in the toilet.

The police department sent out a public service request in the local newspaper asking residents to please call or write to the law enforcement center and register their cell phone number with the office that way in case of an emergency or need to call, or maybe you call in and get disconnected, they can call you back.

We don't even have a local 911 center here, it get's farmed out to some national 911 center.

Key points

I have a gruesome question. If a victim were left in the elements in ND from early Saturday morning until almost noon on the following Tuesday would the victim not show "homicidal violence" when found? Ordinary decomposition plus animal and other predator activity would make any corpse have that appearance, IMO. To me the key to that night is the timeline, from Tommy being bored on a Friday night to being dead shortly after (allegedly 3:40 AM). The list of those with knowledge cannot be that long. When was the last time that "best friend" PF say he snap chatted him? And where has JW gone? Now cannot find any SM footprint of him?

JMO's

What are you doing wasting LE's time with this? Seems to me you had a holy conniption at me when I called and simply left a message! If you want, I will go back and find it. You were fit to be tied. Now you are imploring all of us to call our local police for an experiment on WEB SLEUTHS?!?

Rocco... In this day and age, EVERYONE has the phone number of the person calling them. Under absolutely no circumstance do I believe that LE doesn't gave Caller ID. For Gods sake, my CHURCH has Caller ID. My 90 year old grandmother has Caller ID. The school that I've volunteer at has Caller ID. The nonprofit charity that I've worked with has Caller ID. Any LE has Caller ID.

Can I sell you some oceanfront property in Alexandria? :happydance:

To add to IB's response to this post, every smart phone I've had gives me the option to display my number when making a call or display as private. Further, I have received numerous calls that display ”unknown”. Cell phones, even those registered do not have the same type of caller ID that we associate with land lines.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members