ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please embellish, I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning (haven't had my full quota of coffee intake quite yet).

Maybe he encountered someone that thought they were a self appointed, 'hall monitor'. The world is full of them. And they say, "Hey you aren't coming in here drunk" and then it begins.

I don't know. Just a thought. (Don't pay any attention to me I'm on benadryl the last few days). :D

Maybe he encountered someone that thought they were a self appointed, 'hall monitor'. The world is full of them. And they say, "Hey you aren't coming in here drunk" and then it begins.

I don't know. Just a thought. (Don't pay any attention to me I'm on benadryl the last few days). :D

I'm sorry, but I can't give up any more eggs right now. Times are tough, money is tight, and I still might need to eat what I have left :coffeews:

That crossed my mind also. And it also crossed my mind, that NDSU is just wanting to avoid any publicity of the two cases appearing to be common, considering the media coverage with AS. Like a public relations (PR) type of move, they got a college and its reputation to protect?
Considering my previous theory #1: If the Moorhead meeting was a sell instead of a buy, and a gang affiliate became aware of someone selling on his turf, and attempted to rob instead of buy, from there the theory remains the same, with the exception that the reason to follow or look for the vehicle, and spotted TB walking later, was with the intent to still rob him of his goods?
Rocco, Would that be worth the thugs driving around looking for vehicle and/or waiting around for? Might increase their patience? (Plus still ticked over previous altercation)

For the video suppression conspiracy theory: how and why would the media become complicit to enable the video/bad PR suppression? Not to mention the multiple LE agencies that would have to be complicit as well?

I do understand that the university does not like the image - but where is anyone else that matters motivated to go along?

I'd even make the case that if NDSU feels a murderer is on the loose they should logically be MORE motivated to do whatever they can to find them...verses not be cooperative in solving this ASAP.

Maybe I'm missing something. But I'm just not seeing it.

Rocco, Would that be worth the thugs driving around looking for vehicle and/or waiting around for? Might increase their patience? (Plus still ticked over previous altercation)

I still have a hard time with the 'waiting' aspect. Many times when people party, especially at that hour, they just crash on the couch and go home the next day. But I would put the basics of your theory at the top of the list.

For the video suppression conspiracy theory: how and why would the media become complicit to enable the video/bad PR suppression? Not to mention the multiple LE agencies that would have to be complicit as well?

I do understand that the university does not like the image - but where is anyone else that matters motivated to go along?

I'd even make the case that if NDSU feels a murderer is on the loose they should logically be MORE motivated to do whatever they can to find them...verses not be cooperative in solving this ASAP.

Maybe it is not quite the scale of conspiracy that you are alluding to, but perhaps it was aired, then it couldn't be confirmed as being TB for sure, so that works out pretty well, pull it, nonconfirm it, and poof! :shame:

I still have a hard time with the 'waiting' aspect. Many times when people party, especially at that hour, they just crash on the couch and go home the next day. But I would put the basics of your theory at the top of the list.
Does that mean that you are considering that TB never made it back to party house? Then....we are back to how did snapchat with hometown friend occur, right? I suppose they could have been hiding from fiends (yes that's spelled right), and while fearfully hiding, TB is arrogantly snapchatting its all good here, while waiting for ride, but trouble shows up instead. :banghead:

Does that mean that you are considering that TB never made it back to party house? Then....we are back to how did snapchat with hometown friend occur, right? I suppose they could have been hiding from fiends (yes that's spelled right), and while fearfully hiding, TB is arrogantly snapchatting its all good here, while waiting for ride, but trouble shows up instead. :banghead:

i still think that TB never made it back to the house. i think the snapchat exchange happened before things went bad. i still think that whole exchange is weird.

i still think that TB never made it back to the house. i think the snapchat exchange happened before things went bad. i still think that whole exchange is weird.
That would involve almost a handful of young college men keeping a secret, :razz: and taking a huge unnecessary risk, and a childhood friend who can't tell the difference. Right?

The lost tweet and the snap-chat occurred respectively within a 10 minute period. Then.....silence

i may be wrong but isnt CM the only person who said for sure that TB made it back and then he said he left at 3:40am not around 3:30, not sometime but i wasn't paying attention, no he said 3:40 weird. his friend may have been snapchatting with tb and something happened after that. also the convo was pretty generic so could have been JW or someone else. i still think that JW knows more than has been reported and think that no one actually saw TB back at the house. i could be wrong

i may be wrong but isnt CM the only person who said for sure that TB made it back and then he said he left at 3:40am not around 3:30, not sometime but i wasn't paying attention, no he said 3:40 weird. his friend may have been snapchatting with tb and something happened after that. also the convo was pretty generic so could have been JW or someone else. i still think that JW knows more than has been reported and think that no one actually saw TB back at the house. i could be wrong
CM may be the only one that publicly said that TB came back (and yes, left at about 3:40 am), but I would imagine, that the others present would have to confirm that. It seems there were at least two others there, JW & BH. Whether or not the snapchat was actually TB or not, has crossed my mind.

OK, I'm going bonkers and going to start asking myself questions and answering myself on here. May be I've already been doing that, and everyone is too kind to tell me to knock it off :doh: :slap: :desert:

So does LE have to release any new findings after 60+ days of investigation? What about DNA evidence (ie blood from the perp on TB's hands or clothing), telephone records, toxicology reports, autopsy finds, etc, etc?
Is there any public pressure on LE to do so--I don't live anywhere near there (or snow for that matter) so I don't know.
Wouldn't local news media want an update to the story?
No reward money or PI hired & the FBI hasn't said peep (for all you chicken/egg lovers).

Too quiet for my liking but I'm not stating this because I'm disrespecting any person or agency.

I'm saying this because it's eerily suspicious based on other cases I've followed, iykwim?!

Moo

So does LE have to release any new findings after 60+ days of investigation? What about DNA evidence (ie blood from the perp on TB's hands or clothing), telephone records, toxicology reports, autopsy finds, etc, etc?
Is there any public pressure on LE to do so--I don't live anywhere near there (or snow for that matter) so I don't know.
Wouldn't local news media want an update to the story?
No reward money or PI hired & the FBI hasn't said peep (for all you chicken/egg lovers).

Too quiet for my liking but I'm not stating this because I'm disrespecting any person or agency.

I'm saying this because it's eerily suspicious based on other cases I've followed, iykwim?!

Moo

Someone on here mentioned (or maybe it was a MSM article) that results might not be released, that it isn't a requirement for some states, and that it can be decided on a case by case basis, or by choice of family. Do I have that right?
Somehow, I feel NOT releasing toxicology report says just AS much as releasing it. But maybe that's just how my mind operates. I can only think of one reason why NOT to release that information.

Someone on here mentioned (or maybe it was a MSM article) that results might not be released, that it isn't a requirement for some states, and that it can be decided on a case by case basis, or by choice of family. Do I have that right?
Somehow, I feel NOT releasing toxicology report says just AS much as releasing it. But maybe that's just how my mind operates. I can only think of one reason why NOT to release that information.

Great minds think alike (winky winky)

Yes, and since it's been 9 weeks today since his body was found, you know darn well they have the COD and the toxicology back by now.

As the unverified LE cynic, I must ask you, Proud Papa, have you looked at the Andrew Sadek case? Multiple different LE organizations AND the college too. Whether or not you believe he was murdered or he committed suicide, I don't think even the biggest LE defender can argue against something shady going on there. "Fox guarding the henhouse" type situation. And admittedly so.

If you don't think that the LE has the power to tell the media to stop showing the TB picture/video, respectfully, you don't understand North Dakota very well. And my question always goe back to why? Are you saying you doubt it exists even though three people have now said they saw it as well as a NDSU official (before recanting that statement for some reason..). Coincidentally (or not), not long after TB was found murdered, there was an article in the Forum about NDSU and their "secrecy" about video surveillance on campus.

Again. I apologize if I sound adversarial ProudPapa. I do not mean to. I respect your opinion and actually wish I could have the faith that you seem to have in the belief that NDSU isn't a "big business" worth protecting at almost all costs to the powers that be in the state. I am much too cynical. And it's one of the things I wish I wasn't.

So don't let my cynicism get in the way of speculation. I'm just sulking over here in the corner.
;-)

OK, I'm going bonkers and going to start asking myself questions and answering myself on here. May be I've already been doing that, and everyone is too kind to tell me to knock it off :doh: :slap: :desert:

No I love your question and answer sessions! I am with you in spirit if I can't immediately answer.
I think TB could have very well went over to Moorhead for "party supplies" and ran into some unsavory people in his travels.

What I do not and cannot understand is why media hasn't went after JW for an answer to what the "innocent" tweet was about. Even if the police don't name POI, isn't it customary for media to do so? And then question LE about it? North Dakota operates in a vacuum it appears. This would never fly in most states and, IMO, speaks to the level of media the state has.

Geez.. I am slamming LE, the media and aL lot of things about my home state of North Dakota tonight. Sorry. As I say, I am cynical. And growing more cynical by the day.

Sorry Rocco. I imagine I am going to be on your bad side again. Here I thought I had successfully worked my way off of it. :) (Saying this with a teasing spirit - not an adversarial one.)

As the unverified LE cynic, I must ask you, Proud Papa, have you looked at the Andrew Sadek case? Multiple different LE organizations AND the college too. Whether or not you believe he was murdered or he committed suicide, I don't think even the biggest LE defender can argue against something shady going on there. "Fox guarding the henhouse" type situation. And admittedly so.

If you don't think that the LE has the power to tell the media to stop showing the picture/video, respectfully, you don't understand North Dakota very well.

Again. I apologize if I sound adversarial ProudPapa. I do not mean to. I respect your opinion and actually wish I could have the faith that you seem to have in the belief that NDSU isn't a "big business" worth protecting at almost all costs to the powers that be in the state. I am much too cynical. And it's one of the things I wish I wasn't.

So don't let my cynicism get in the way of speculation. I'm just sulking over here in the corner.
;-)

I'm not willing to paint all of ND LE with the broad brush that I get the feeling you're painting them with BUT after listening to the reporter's conversation with office of the AG of ND regarding the AS case, I had to raise my eyebrows and say to myself "whaaaaat?" in regards to SEMCA and LE in that particular area. Their response of "The investigation is ongoing----the investigation is ongoing------the investigation is ongoing" despite the claim of the investigators in SD who were brought in to handle the investigation, claiming the investigation was completed in a couple of days, would make the strongest of LE supporters question what the heck is going on in that case. I'm glad Mrs. Sadek isn't backing off. Good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13