ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have not been able to locate the full news conference but this article covers it in pretty good detail:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ls-seek-info-death-college-freshman-minnesota

There was a question/answer period after the news conference that was very difficult to hear questions asked - the article above sheds some light into those questions I could not hear:
#1 - "Police declined to say if there was any alcohol or drugs in Bearson’s system when he died. Penas said that’s not because doing so would compromise the investigation, but because “it’s meaningless to the public.” “It’s information that we need to retain for our purposes,” Penas said in an interview after the press conference. “It’s not something the public needs to know.”
#2 - Ebinger made a point of saying Bearson’s body was not mutilated, and Penas said “the cause of death was not visibly obvious to investigators” who found him. Penas later clarified in a followup interview that “observations could not give an exact cause” of death. He would not say if there were outward signs of trauma.

So where was his body found in relation to where the car was driving around? If IB were here, I'm sure she'd post one of her maps and label this for us but as you know, she's lounging under a palm tree and sipping Pina Coladas right now.
Just looking at Google maps, unless I'm looking at the wrong area, I think the RV place would be to the left, on the same side of the fence as the camera is.

But on Google maps, the parking lot that he's driving in isn't paved. So I assume the Google stuff is old.

If that's the case, it does seem pretty suspicious that the guy is driving that close to the rv place.

At first I thought someone might have used the parking lot to turn around or call for directions or something. But it doesn't look like what this guy in the video is doing.

I think the google map stuff is old too. I have not tried google earth though. Either way, it just seems like a strange place to drop someone off. And why at that time of day- it was still light out!!! It will be interesting to know how far they drove to get to that location. And another reason I'm thinking most of the important details aren't made public is because when they do interview a suspect(s), if that person(s) mention any facts or details about that night that were not made public, it may confirm to police that they have the correct suspect rather than someone who made up a story based on what they heard in the news. And if they do not know ahead of time what police DO know, they can't prepare their answers.

I bet the majority of registrations for vehicles in Fargo are out of state. It is a college town with a lot of out of staters who attend.

Also I think the circling was to check the visibility of the body from different vantage points.

This case really bums me out.

Chances are the car had nothing to do with TB death. Probably just someone lost and pulled over to check a map/phone.

Chances are the car had nothing to do with TB death. Probably just someone lost and pulled over to check a map/phone.

Maybe I missed it but do they actually ever pull over? I just see them driving around but never stopping. If someone was going to check a map or a phone, woudn't they pull over?

In the Sierra LaMar ( sp?) they asked the public for info on the car that was involved in her disappearance.

When LE asked, they actually had the car in their possession. They were asking for tips to verify any info LE had. The public had NO CLUE that LE actually had the car. Everyone was looking for make and model on here. LE did not specify make, model, year. This was a couple of years ago in CA.

I am hoping LE has the car and is asking the public for info that will add to the knowledge to nail the perp (s)

In the Sierra LaMar ( sp?) they asked the public for info on the car that was involved in her disappearance.

When LE asked, they actually had the car in their possession. They were asking for tips to verify any info LE had. The public had NO CLUE that LE actually had the car. Everyone was looking for make and model on here. LE did not specify make, model, year. This was a couple of years ago in CA.

I am hoping LE has the car and is asking the public for info that will add to the knowledge to nail the perp (s)

AFAIK, LE in this case stated they thought the vehicle would have been located by now, but it has not been. But, I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as you. LE is reeling out a little bit of what they have in the hope that someone will come forward with info. I get the feeling LE knows more about this vehicle than they are telling. JMO, MOO, etc.

Also I think the circling was to check the visibility of the body from different vantage points.

Or, to recon a suitable place to leave the body.

Since the car didn't stop, the body wasn't left at the time this car was driving around. But if THIS car was picked up on the surveillance tape, so was the vehicle that left the body earlier. Could it be the same car and they don't want to release footage of the body being left so they're releasing footage of a car that appears to be doing nothing more than driving around in order not to scare off the perp/perps?

ie--This car is caught on surveillance video at say 5 or 6am. It stops and they can see the occupant/s leaving something on the ground where TB was found. Then this same vehicle is seen coming back in the early evening, driving around/looking around.

Since the car didn't stop, the body wasn't left at the time this car was driving around. But if THIS car was picked up on the surveillance tape, so was the vehicle that left the body earlier. Could it be the same car and they don't want to release footage of the body being left so they're releasing footage of a car that appears to be doing nothing more than driving around in order not to scare off the perp/perps?

ie--This car is caught on surveillance video at say 5 or 6am. It stops and they can see the occupant/s leaving something on the ground where TB was found. Then this same vehicle is seen coming back in the early evening, driving around/looking around.

My apologies if I misinterpreted what you wrote or am only reiterating what you said, but am I the only one who assumed that the video was edited to remove the length of time the car was out of frame? It only makes sense that the car drove around the corner, left the body, came back, and we're not seeing what couldn't be seen.

Some of the earlier posts also mentioned the fact that it was daylight. Let's say a scenario happened where he was struck and killed by a car shortly after the time he was said to have left the house. I would think that whoever was in the car would be in panic mode and wouldn't think to immediately drive to the nearest dark alley. They might mull it over for a few hours and then decide to take him somewhere.

My apologies if I misinterpreted what you wrote or am only reiterating what you said, but am I the only one who assumed that the video was edited to remove the length of time the car was out of frame? It only makes sense that the car drove around the corner, left the body, came back, and we're not seeing what couldn't be seen.

Some of the earlier posts also mentioned the fact that it was daylight. Let's say a scenario happened where he was struck and killed by a car shortly after the time he was said to have left the house. I would think that whoever was in the car would be in panic mode and wouldn't think to immediately drive to the nearest dark alley. They might mull it over for a few hours and then decide to take him somewhere.

The police said the car was out of sight for a minute or two so your assumption that the video was edited is correct. It was definitely edited to cut out the time where the vehicle cannot be seen.

That's an excellent point. I was thinking along the lines that this was the whole clip but I think you're right, it was edited.

The police said the car was out of sight for a minute or two so your assumption that the video was edited is correct. It was definitely edited to cut out the time where the vehicle cannot be seen.

Actually, what they said was: "The driver spent a minute or two there before driving away." The clip lasts for 1 minute, 18 seconds. I might change my mind about the video being edited.

On the video that I saw, the one on youtube, it seems that around 22-24 seconds into the video it may have been cut and edited at that point. It seems a bit choppy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back