ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Until (if) we know the truth, I think drugs/drug buy played importantly into this murder, and that the trap house residents or those that hung out there are knee deep in knowing most of what happened.

Maybe they did not see the actual murder, but they aren't telling the truth about the time Tom was last there. The JW tweet has never made sense.

MOD is homicide. COD is unknown. Alcohol/drugs was not COD. No shooting, no stabbing, no dragging, no beating, no stangling, no head injury... then what?

^or am I confused about this?

I don't have a direct quote, but I do remember in the most recent news conference the police said something to the effect of "The cause of death was not apparent at the time the body was found", which to me would mean that it wasn't a shooting. I realize the police have never actually said Tom was not shot, but I have to think that if he had been shot they would have easily been able to tell that it was a gunshot that caused his death. So, in my mind I have ruled out a shooting.

I remember that too bizzle2. I think a lot of methods can be ruled out. If it was obvious, it would have been from shooting or stabbing. Either it meant a variety of injuries could have been to blame and they weren't sure which one was the "final" one (such as a severe assault and head injuries), or it was not visibly obvious (perhaps strangulation). I even thought that since it took so long for the toxicology reports, maybe they were looking for something else such as poisons- bleach, etc. That would not fall under the category of "drugs" or "alcohol". I believe that the reason this was made public was to clear his reputation- as in he did not do this himself.
I don't believe was over booze. And I'm not even convinced it was about weed. Just too severe of an outcome.

Yes, I agree . Drunk or high on some weird drug and violence erupts.. Makes sense. The perp, I mean was high

Hey guuuuys, first time poster here so sorry if I make any mistakes!
Okay SO I've been following this thread from the beginning and there's a few points id like to make (all just my opinion of course)... The theory that this was a drug deal gone wrong doesn't sit right with me for some reason, mainly because I just can't see how having only been at college for a month and only being 18 and seemingly having just started drinking (?) Thomas could have already got involved in drugs that were serious enough to be murdered over? People have been mentioning crack and meth etc and (I'm aware that american drug culture is probably very different to English drug culture) I've always seen these kind of drugs as kind of the end of the road, as in the kind that you start taking when you've tried and got bored of everything else... But then I also can't understand someone being murdered over buying weed or md etc? Again not sure about american drug culture or what Fargo is like as a city but where I'm from everyone's basically mates or at least on friendly terms with their dealers... So that's my opinion on the drug deal gone wrong theory!

What I think happened is that he did leave the party at the time said and did plan to go back to his dorm but ran into trouble on the way home, maybe had his phone out or something? If it was a Friday/Saturday night there would surely be some drunk/otherwise intoxicated people roaming around looking for trouble, and things tend to escalate further than normal when there is alcohol/drugs involved.. Got in a fight/got jumped and it was taken too far and he was killed, the person/people panicked, put him in their care and drove to the place where he was found, maybe thought that as it was in a different state they would be less likely to be caught?

Also, I think I read somewhere along the thread that he was meant to be visiting his family the next day... Surely if he knew he would be seeing his family and had promised them to 'be better' he wouldn't want to be horribly hungover/ coming down when he saw them? Which makes me think again that he was actually planning on going home when he left the party.

Ooops that post ended up being a lot longer than anticipated, just haven't been able to stop thinking about this case and wanted to give my two cents! All JMO :)

Welcome georgihx! Thank you for your thoughts. This state is not the same anymore and with all the drugs brings a lot more violence. Could very well be that he just ran into some bad people on his walk home. Is anyone is familiar with the Sherry Arnold case, she was picked by random as she was jogging by 2 men who came to ND to look for work. They were strung out on drugs. They killed her and transported her across state lines and buried her.

Hey guuuuys, first time poster here so sorry if I make any mistakes!
Okay SO I've been following this thread from the beginning and there's a few points id like to make (all just my opinion of course)... The theory that this was a drug deal gone wrong doesn't sit right with me for some reason, mainly because I just can't see how having only been at college for a month and only being 18 and seemingly having just started drinking (?) Thomas could have already got involved in drugs that were serious enough to be murdered over? People have been mentioning crack and meth etc and (I'm aware that american drug culture is probably very different to English drug culture) I've always seen these kind of drugs as kind of the end of the road, as in the kind that you start taking when you've tried and got bored of everything else... But then I also can't understand someone being murdered over buying weed or md etc? Again not sure about american drug culture or what Fargo is like as a city but where I'm from everyone's basically mates or at least on friendly terms with their dealers... So that's my opinion on the drug deal gone wrong theory!

What I think happened is that he did leave the party at the time said and did plan to go back to his dorm but ran into trouble on the way home, maybe had his phone out or something? If it was a Friday/Saturday night there would surely be some drunk/otherwise intoxicated people roaming around looking for trouble, and things tend to escalate further than normal when there is alcohol/drugs involved.. Got in a fight/got jumped and it was taken too far and he was killed, the person/people panicked, put him in their care and drove to the place where he was found, maybe thought that as it was in a different state they would be less likely to be caught?

Also, I think I read somewhere along the thread that he was meant to be visiting his family the next day... Surely if he knew he would be seeing his family and had promised them to 'be better' he wouldn't want to be horribly hungover/ coming down when he saw them? Which makes me think again that he was actually planning on going home when he left the party.

Ooops that post ended up being a lot longer than anticipated, just haven't been able to stop thinking about this case and wanted to give my two cents! All JMO :)

Welcome georgihx !
I am questioning the drug deal gone bad as well. Unless it was a situation set-up by others, and something he possibly agreed upon, and perhaps there were unknown previous factors of which Tom was unaware.
Unlike many, I do think there are circles where alcohol and drugs could have been provided the previous weekend, and that the resulting DUI/MIP, or someone else saying something to someone afterwards may have ended up making those or someone in the circle believe that Tom was a significant threat.
Where do you see the lost tweet as fitting in?

So Tom had an IPhone 5 that they could not recover..couldn't the police still get information off of it? texts..calls -etc?..They don't need the physical phone to get information off it- do they?

I didn't read as much into that tweet as other people did, just thought it was a genuine coincidence and an unfortunate choice of words. I just think that Tom and his mate were lost on their way to the 'trap house' (was it an actual trap house?? Or did they all just call it that in an effort to sound cooler), toms mates phone was dead so he used to tom's to contact whoever it was for directions/a lift. If I remember correctly the tweet was sent quite late at night? So it would have been dark and maybe easy to get lost. The thing about 'were going to die' is the kind of thing I might say if I was in the same situation, just a joke or a figure of speech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't read as much into that tweet as other people did, just thought it was a genuine coincidence and an unfortunate choice of words. I just think that Tom and his mate were lost on their way to the 'trap house' (was it an actual trap house?? Or did they all just call it that in an effort to sound cooler), toms mates phone was dead so he used to tom's to contact whoever it was for directions/a lift. If I remember correctly the tweet was sent quite late at night? So it would have been dark and maybe easy to get lost. The thing about 'were going to die' is the kind of thing I might say if I was in the same situation, just a joke or a figure of speech.

I might consider that if it weren't for..........
"the trap" house happened to be Tom's "mate" or friend's HOME and the same friend had lived in the area for over a year. Also, very soon thereafter within minutes there was no further activity on that same phone (Tom's), even though it was reported by ONE other trap household member that he was seen afterwards and was fine for approximately another 2 + hours. A separate reportedly good friend snapchatted him 7 minutes after the "lost tweet", and Tom never opened that message.

If you are truly lost, it's difficult to direct someone on the phone to drive straight to where you are to pick you up lickity split.

So Tom had an IPhone 5 that they could not recover..couldn't the police still get information off of it? texts..calls -etc?..They don't need the physical phone to get information off it- do they?

Some information would be available through the cell phone service provider.

Hmm. I didn't know any of the details you just gave, now I'm not really sure what to think... Unless Tom and his friend (apologies for the constant use of the word "mate", I know it looks informal but I'm english I can't help but say it haha) were picking up party supplies from a part of town they weren't familiar with and were making their way to the house from there. Not really sure what to make of the lack of activity of tom's phone though, that definetely looks suspicious. Although I thought I read somewhere that Tom was snaphatting his friend for hours saying he missed him and planning to see him soon etc etc? (Not sure where I read this, may just have been somewhere on this thread or might have been a news article.... I'll have a look)

Edit: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery - "Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat.

"He told me how much he missed me and that he was coming to visit me in Bemidji soon," said Fischer, a sophomore basketball player at Bemidji State University.

"And I sent back, 'I can't wait, bro,' and he never opened that.""

Also just been looking at the 'lost' tweet on twitter and looking at the replies, it seems like CM (not sure I've done that right, am I correct in thinking initials are allowed only?) replied to the tweet saying that he/someone would pick them up, but has since deleted it and all his other tweets to them from that night...

Hmm. I didn't know any of the details you just gave, now I'm not really sure what to think... Unless Tom and his friend (apologies for the constant use of the word "mate", I know it looks informal but I'm english I can't help but say it haha) were picking up party supplies from a part of town they weren't familiar with and were making their way to the house from there. Not really sure what to make of the lack of activity of tom's phone though, that definetely looks suspicious. Although I thought I read somewhere that Tom was snaphatting his friend for hours saying he missed him and planning to see him soon etc etc? (Not sure where I read this, may just have been somewhere on this thread or might have been a news article.... I'll have a look)

Edit: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery - "Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat.

"He told me how much he missed me and that he was coming to visit me in Bemidji soon," said Fischer, a sophomore basketball player at Bemidji State University.

Lost tweet occurred at 1:23 am. Snapchats between Tom's phone and his friend PF reportedly occurred afterwards and the snapchat sent to Tom at 1:30 am, and was never opened. No further cell phone activity from there on...
I'll try to find the article with that information.

http://m.bismarcktribune.com/news/s...11e4-9abf-17be39785e71.html?mobile_touch=true

“A fellow student said earlier Monday that he saw Bearson shortly before 4 a.m. Saturday, hours after the missing student tweeted that he was lost and needed a ride.

The last tweet from Bearson’s Twitter account was sent at 1:23 a.m. Saturday and reads, “dude it’s jake come pick us up.” It also reads, “We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody.”

In an interview Monday, the recipient of the tweet, Cody Mead, said Bearson and “Jake” found a ride to Mead’s house in north Fargo after that tweet.

“Jake” refers to Mead’s roommate, Jake Wenzel, who went to high school with Bearson, Mead said. Mead met Bearson for the first time that night.”

Mead said after Wenzel and Bearson arrived at his house in north Fargo, they “hung out for a while” before Bearson left between 3:40 and 4 a.m. That was the last time Mead saw Bearson before he heard that he was missing Saturday afternoon, he said.

http://www.thenewsleaders.net/2014/09/25/search-for-bearson-ends-tragically/

“The last communication from his cell phone was to Mead at 1:32 a.m.”

good point on being lost. How can he be found?

However, another twitter (female friend of CM) tweeted that "CM picked him up after that".

Picked him up...they found a ride...who the heck knows for sure, except for CM apparently. We do know that CM was who was contacted with the lost tweet.

Something just occurred to me though, in this article below. IF it wasn't actually Tom who video messaged PF between lost tweet at 1:23 am-->1:30 am, then it was at least someone who also knew PF and knew he was currently living in Bemidji, or Tom was told to respond with something/anything to reassure.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery

"Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat.

Sounds to me like the lost tweeter expects CM to to already know where to send someone.

http://m.bismarcktribune.com/news/s...11e4-9abf-17be39785e71.html?mobile_touch=true

"The last tweet from Bearson’s Twitter account was sent at 1:23 a.m. Saturday and reads, “dude it’s jake come pick us up.” It also reads, “We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody.”

In an interview Monday, the recipient of the tweet, Cody Mead, said Bearson and “Jake” found a ride to Mead’s house in north Fargo after that tweet."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn
Back