NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
does anyone know the results of Scot's court appearences?

No, they were never printed in the paper. Go figure. But he is "free" to roam around town, drink, drive without a license, rip-people off (he is in small claims court or was) and do whatever he likes. Oh yeah and continue with making terroristic threats. The sad thing is people are scared of him and they should be. He is a loose cannon. :twocents:

No, they were never printed in the paper. Go figure. But he is "free" to roam around town, drink, drive without a license, rip-people off (he is in small claims court or was) and do whatever he likes. Oh yeah and continue with making terroristic threats. The sad thing is people are scared of him and they should be. He is a loose cannon. :twocents:

It is pretty pitiful when people in high places are afraid of this Bully. They are giving him an awful lot of power and he is running with it. What a bunch of Cowards in LE!

Just heard that two people were arrested in Corrie's murder case today. I don't know if this is true or who the people are. This could finally be it!!!!!!

Just heard that two people were arrested in Corrie's murder case today. I don't know if this is true or who the people are. This could finally be it!!!!!!

Please, please send link as soon as you can find one!!!
Oh, I hope this turns out to be true! :dance:
Two people? . . . Hmmmm

Well it was NOT true :( Hopefully something will be happening soon though.

Scott did have a "run in" with LE but we don't know the details. But he was not arrested for Corrie's murder. "yet"

Scott did have a "run in" with LE but we don't know the details. But he was not arrested for Corrie's murder. "yet"

I have followed this case from the beginning. I can not believe there has still not been an arrest. I find it 'interesting' that Scott has had so many 'run in's' w/ LE since the death of Corrie. I am betting that LE is keeping a very close eye on him, hoping that he will make a mistake and they will have a reason to arrest. Let's hope that something breaks this case wide and that it happens very soon........

Bumping for Corrie.

New info developing and an arrest looks Imminent but the question is how much longer???

Please keep Corrie and her family and friends that cared about her in your thoughts.

SP was pulled over the other day on a bench warrant arrest but it was a error on the courts part. Darnit, but I did hear it put him in a bad mood for the rest of day!

It is my opinion it was hacked. Otherwise, why would he put those threats up???
TY for answering this. It is still quite hard to make it through Corrie's threads because even still most of the info we are getting can be treated as nothing more than hearsay.

Bumping for Corrie.

New info developing and an arrest looks Imminent but the question is how much longer???

Please keep Corrie and her family and friends that cared about her in your thoughts.

SP was pulled over the other day on a bench warrant arrest but it was a error on the courts part. Darnit, but I did hear it put him in a bad mood for the rest of day!

:woohoo: It made my day that his day was ruined!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the update NSC. Knowing that an arrest is imminent makes my heart jump every time I see a new post on here, thinking it's the news we are all praying for!

The following article was published in the Omaha World Herald today and mentions Corrie's murder as one of the reasons that change needs to occur. It is nice to see that something Corrie is able to help others in light of this tragedy.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10576650

Published Monday March 2, 2009
Dealing with death in Nebraska: More nails in coffin of coroner system
BY KARYN SPENCER
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Coroner systems such as Nebraska's should be abolished and replaced with a medical examiner system, similar to the one in Iowa, with the help of federal funds, a national report recommends.

A National Academy of Sciences report released last month supports many conclusions of The World-Herald's 2008 "Fatal Flaws" investigative report, which found that the quality of death investigations is inconsistent because of variations in qualifications, skills and budgets.

The academy, the federal government's chief science adviser, also called for an overhaul of the crime laboratory system nationwide because such labs are underfunded, often beholden to law enforcement and lack consistent standards.

The deficiencies pose "a continuing and serious threat" to identifying criminals and protecting people from wrongful convictions, said the researchers who led a two-year study ordered by Congress.

Nebraska is one of 11 states that use coroners to investigate deaths, but it is the only one in which county attorneys serve as the coroners. Nebraska has few statewide standards and no required training.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• World-Herald Investigative Report: Fatal Flaws
• Grant frustrated by unsolved beating death
• National Academy of Sciences forensic report
In Iowa, the State Medical Examiner's Office already meets all of the recommendations in the science academy report. It has full-time forensic pathologists and statewide standards for autopsies and investigations.

Nebraska State Sen. Pete Pirsch of Omaha has introduced a bill that includes some elements of the academy recommendations to improve the current coroner system.

If passed, Legislative Bill 671 would require training for county attorneys, have forensic pathologists available for consultation around the clock and create standardized investigative procedures.

Some jurisdictions, including some rural ones, have thorough procedures and training that should be available statewide, Pirsch said.

He thinks his proposal makes improvements without the expensive start-up cost of a medical examiner system. He has suggested that expenses could be covered with a potential $1 fee on criminal and traffic court cases, which would yield about $350,000 a year.

"It would lead to a quality system that can be realistically obtainable," Pirsch said.

He said his bill offers a quick solution for Nebraska at modest expense. The national recommendations would, if adopted, take years to implement.

A Lexington, Neb., doctor is pressing for change after a county attorney refused to conduct an autopsy.

Mohamed Hirsi, 39, had no history of medical problems before dying suddenly earlier this year, Dr. Mark Jones said.

Jones wanted an autopsy to determine a cause of death, but he said Dawson County Attorney Elizabeth Waterman refused, mentioning the taxpayer expense. Counties pay for autopsies, which cost about $2,000.

Waterman, who has been in office 15 years, said she tries to be prudent in spending taxpayer dollars, but will order an autopsy when she believes it is needed.

She said this death did not warrant an autopsy because it was not suspicious. She said neither the doctor nor law enforcement officers had any indication of foul play, and the doctor gave no indication that a public health threat was involved.

Jones said such things can go undetected without an autopsy. He pointed to a case last fall in Grant, Neb., in which local investigators did not suspect foul play in a woman's death. Later, an autopsy determined that she had been fatally beaten.

Not having an autopsy in the Lexington death, he said, "leaves you with some fears of the possibility that something more serious could have gone on."

Jones thinks the best investigation system would include input from county attorneys, who are more attuned to legal factors, as well as from doctors, who are familiar with medical and public health concerns.

Waterman thinks the proposed coroner bill has promise but lacks practical details, which Pirsch wants to be developed by a council of local experts.

"It's all going to come down to money," Waterman said.

The academy report favors the use of medical examiners, typically doctors, because of their medical expertise.

Forty states require the use of medical professionals in some role: overseeing local death investigations, serving as state medical examiners or both.

Only a handful of Nebraska's 93 counties regularly use doctors. Almost all hire private forensic pathologists to perform autopsies.

A dozen states switched to medical examiner systems between 1960 and 1979 after a national organization that promotes uniform laws among states made similar recommendations.

Nebraska's system was established in 1917.

This wasn't the first time the National Academy of Sciences recommended getting rid of coroners. A committee in 1928 suggested elimination of the coroner office, calling it an "anachronistic institution" incapable of performing the functions required.

Reforming death investigation systems was a portion of the most recent report, which focused on a broader lack of standards in forensic science.

The academy said, for example, that while DNA technology has been well-tested, forensic scientists for decades have made claims about fingerprints, bite marks, handwriting and blood spatter that have never been verified by science.

The report also recommends creating an independent National Institute of Forensic Science to lead research and establish and enforce standards for forensic science professionals and labs.

This report includes material from the Los Angeles Times.

Thank You Proudmama for posting this article. It is good to know that they are trying to improve Nebraska's systems, and mentioning Corrie's tragedy as a reference to why they need to find something more solid that works. Just wanted to say thanks :)

Proud Mama! Hey there! Hope all is well! Thank you so much for sharing that article with us. I think a lot has been learned in NE from the mistakes made in Corrie's case. The good news is even with all the mistakes I am confident LE will make an arresst when they have each and every duck lined up. Yes, that means you SP!!!

Case IDs 993 and 087 have been going on since Dec 08. The Replevin Hearing in Perkins County is new I believe.

Keith County

1. State v. Scott R Petro
Court Date: 03/09/2009
Hearing Type: Entry of Plea Hearing
Case ID: CR080000993

Perkins County

2. Murphy Tractor & Equip. v Scott Petro
Court Date: 03/18/2009
Hearing Type: Replevin Hearing
Case ID: CI090000039

3. State v. Scott R Petro
Court Date: 04/15/2009
Hearing Type: Pretrial Hearing
Case ID: CR080000087

· A plea hearing is a hearing scheduled for the entry of a plea, usually a guilty plea associated with a plea bargain.
· Pretrial Hearing: Conference with attorneys to determine scope of possible trial with view toward resolving issues through agreement
· Replevin - An action to recover personal property said or claimed to be unlawfully taken.

http://www.nebraska.gov/courts/calendar/index.cgi

Good god!! A new one! I wonder if he has equipment from the tractor company or something???

You can go to http://www.imperialrepublican.com/ and get the lastest on Corrie Wood from Perkins County Sheriff. This was also in the Grant Tribune Sentinel but they have not updated it online as of today. Jan Goff also has an editorial in the Grant paper pertaining to this and hopefully it will be online so you can check it out at http://www.granttribune.com/ . Not really very good news, but at least some info.

Thanks PC,

The Imperial Article seems about right to me. I learned some info this past week as well and it all matches up. More waiting. *Sigh*

I still standby my earlier comments. An Arrest WILL COME. Just not as soon as we were hoping.

I hope SP can't sleep at night!!

PC, thanks for link.

I'm hoping...

========

Although some of the evidence has already been tested, Sheriff Brueggeman said the State Patrol is still conducting evidence testing, and upon completion of the testing, all reports will be forwarded to the Perkins County Attorney’s Office.

As recently as Feb. 17, Sheriff Brueggeman and Perkins County Attorney Richard H. Roberts met with investigators from the Nebraska State Patrol to discuss the status of the criminal investigation.

"The case is still active and the investigation is ongoing,” said Brueggeman. “It’s not a cold case.”

Once the evidence testing is completed, the same agencies mentioned above will regroup to review the case and make a determination on whether charges can be filed and an arrest warrant issued.

Thanks PC,

The Imperial Article seems about right to me. I learned some info this past week as well and it all matches up. More waiting. *Sigh*

I still standby my earlier comments. An Arrest WILL COME. Just not as soon as we were hoping.

I hope SP can't sleep at night!!

Hey NSC you changed your AV - I like this one - its a lovely pic of Corrie

I totally agree a arrest will come but I Think it will be TWO Arrests !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back