NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was one of the first cases I read here at WS. If I understand the latest ... Petro was put back in prison or jail on a parole violation. Was the revocation a way to get him off the streets while they find a way to file actual charges?

Yes you are correct Scott Petro has been put back into jail for parole violation. I don't know if they did it to get him off the streets while they get their case together or not but I'm just glad they did. It's about time they put him back in jail after all the trouble he has been in since he was out of jail!! Hopefully they will get something together SOON!!

Okay, Im back! Been busy moving! I need to review some things I have been sent by "sources" and some other interesting things I might feel more comfy posting now that SP is behind bars where in my opinion, he belongs!!!

YAY!!! We need to get some discussion going again! It's been WAY too long!! We have all been very busy but now it's time to get back on track!! :)

I have been following this thread off & on....Then yesterday I went back and read through the first thread and then this one. Corrie seemed to be a wonderful person and her loss has to be so hard for her family and friends. My heartfelt prayers go out to everyone.

But... I have always been bothered by a few things:

1. The dogs that Red stated that she let out. Is the yard fenced just in the back, just in the front or all the way around? It seems that a German Shepard and a smaller dog would have been very protective of their yard...meaning whomever came into the house/yard had to be known by these dogs!(ie. Scott!!!!) They would not have allowed a stranger to just go into the house. On Google Earth, it looks like there is a house beside and behind Corrie's house. Did the neighbors hear any barking from the dogs that night?

2. Who was the bartender that night at the Cactus Palace? Was it Michael Collins or Raul or Candy Bazan? If it was one of the Bazan's was Michael Collins there as a customer? His death so soon after Corrie's is so strange to me. I am wondering if Collins witnessed something that could have happened at the bar before Corrie left. With the lack of medical experience for Nebraska's local coroners...Are they sure that Collins died from a heart attack? Was an autopsy preformed on his body before it was cremated? Where was he when died? Was he at home, work or visiting friends?

Can any of you locals find out the answers to my questions? I am sure glad to know that Scott was picked up for a parole violation...Let's just hope he stays in jail/prison for awhile! Hoping that people will start talking now that he is locked up!

Rest In Peace...Corrie Wood!

Mustang, I am so beat tonight I will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

However, I have some sickening news..not sure it is confirmed yet but

7/14/2009

Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Nebraska
VINE program.

The inmate for whom you registered, SCOTT PETRO,
is no longer in custody as of 7/14/2009.

You may call your VINE service at 1-877-NE4VINE (1-877-634-8463) or
visit www.vinelink.com for the most current information regarding your
offender's custody status.

Thank you.

Mustang, I am so beat tonight I will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

However, I have some sickening news..not sure it is confirmed yet but

7/14/2009

Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Nebraska
VINE program.

The inmate for whom you registered, SCOTT PETRO,
is no longer in custody as of 7/14/2009.

You may call your VINE service at 1-877-NE4VINE (1-877-634-8463) or
visit www.vinelink.com for the most current information regarding your
offender's custody status.

Thank you.

I just wanted to clear the air about Scott being released...it is NOT true. I know the Vinelink site says no longer in custody as of 7-14-09 but that is not right there is another site:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFind...e=&LastName=petro&Race=W&Sex=M&Age=&x=80&y=17

Hopefully that link worked...anyway it is on the federal bureau of prisons website and it says that he is in transit and his release date is 03-12-2010. I know, when I first heard the news that he had been released I was just sick but after further research I found that he is not...THANK GOD!!!!!

I'm thinking that the Vinelink site said that he was no longer in custody because he had been moved from that specific place, Douglas county or whatever it said, because the federal bureau of prisons site says that he is "in transit" so they are probably moving him around until they find a set place for him to be. Thank God Scott Petro is still in custody and I'm pretty sure that he will be there for a long period of time!! :woohoo:

Thank god!! Alright well maybe tomorrow I can post some interesting doc that were sent to a source of mine! Too late for it tonight!!

Hey NSC!! Anything new to post?? I know you have been busy!! :)

I looked today on the Federal Bureau of Prisons website and it finally says that Scott was located!!

FCI El Reno:

The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in El Reno is a medium security facility housing male offenders. The FCI also has an adjacent satellite camp that houses minimum security male inmates.

FCI El Reno is located in central Oklahoma, 30 miles west of Oklahoma City.

Judicial District: Western Oklahoma

At least we know that he is in a set location now!!

For how long and what was the parole violation?

For how long and what was the parole violation?

Hi, his scheduled release date is 03-12-2010 and I am not positive on his parole violation, I believe it was a mixture of different things like his DUI and possibly more terroristic threats!!

Mustang Sally,

I know the previous owner of the German Shepard, Jake. I am glad you mentioned this so I can actually give a little input. I have been watching this weekly since her death, but I have not had any information to help out. Yes, Jake is a German Shepard and is pretty protective but it seemed like once he met someone a couple times, then he was cool with them. And if you knew his name and petted him once, he would stop barking. He was such a great dog! So, I dont know how much that helps you, but if anyone knows where Jake has been sent to now I sure would appreciate knowing so I can pass the word.

I'm stilling hanging in there with this whole thing! It is so hard but I am hanging on with every last bit of faith that I have! I know that justice will be served for Corrie and that we will all be able to put some closure on this eventually. It is just not happening fast enough. I know that Scott Petro is the responsible person for Corrie's brutal murder and the people working on this case have not given up. I am so thankful that Scott Petro is back in prison where he belongs even though it is just for parole violation, while he is in prison the case is building so that we can get him for Corrie as well!!

Hi DJK

I have been following this case since the begining and I just wanted to let you know that Corrie is in my prayers. I hope for her family and friends that there is some resolution for you all soon. Stay strong, Corrie would be very proud of you I'm sure. From the little I know of her from this site she sounded like a wonderful person.

The one year anniversary is upon us.... Still not loosing faith - I will try to garner an update...

Rest in peace Corrie.

Hi DJK

I have been following this case since the begining and I just wanted to let you know that Corrie is in my prayers. I hope for her family and friends that there is some resolution for you all soon. Stay strong, Corrie would be very proud of you I'm sure. From the little I know of her from this site she sounded like a wonderful person.

Thank you so much for your kind words missellen :) And thanks also for following her case! It takes people to stick in there and keep on caring to get things solved! I am staying strong although it has been very difficult and now especially difficult during this time of the one year anniversary! It is so hard to think that it has been one year (tomorrow) already! Corrie was a wonderful person and touched the hearts of so many! Thanks again :)

Well tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary already! I can't believe it! Thank you to everyone that has stuck with the case! I still have strong faith that something will eventually come out of this! I am never going to give that up! I miss Corrie so much and still feel so much sadness, it feels like it will never go away! Time heals everything but this one is a pretty rough one to get through and then having it unresolved and no justice yet just hurts even worse! Rest In Peace Corrie Jo!!

I just noticed the other day that Scott's release date was changed from03/12/2010 to 04/08/2010. I don't know what the reason is but the longer time the better!!!!

Today is the day...1 year ago a very terrible thing happened to a woman that never deserved to be treated that way. RIP Corrie Jo and we will keep searching for justice and never give up! Love you and miss you always!

I wonder why the boyfriend has never been arrested for the murder. It's only obvious that he is the guilty party. I wonder if LE has any evidence or anything that points to him? He can't be that smart as to leave nothing at all. I wonder if everything was destroyed when the people went in and cleaned the bedroom and washed the sheets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back