GUILTY NE - Ismenia Marinero, 45, & son Josue, 5, Omaha, 6 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen the father's name mentioned in media. Is the missing son of the same name then?

The son's name is Josue Ramirez-Marinero. The father's name is Josue Rameriz Rodriguez.

“Ismenia’s husband, Jose Ramirez-Rodriguez came to my daycare at 6 o’clock in the morning with Ismenia’s sister looking for her,” said Ismenia’s best friend, Teresa Rivera.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kmtv/news/Best-friend-of-Jesus-Ismenia-Mar-303010901.html

Why was the 11 mo only wearing a diaper? Possibly taken from the home? Why would he be out and about, in the car or wherever, with only a diaper on? I think it's more likely that he would be home if he was wearing a diaper only. Unless his clothing was intentionally removed just prior to placing him in the dumpster. If so, why?

EDIT to ADD: And mom had no shoes or socks on. But no other clothing missing. Sounds to me like they were taken from the home.

As of yet, there hasn't been any indication of drug cartels. In the past when there's been Mexican drug cartel violence upon families/children in Omaha has the case been similar to this one? Wonder what would give people this indication, as I've always seen media coverage of ruthless murders regarding cartels and not kidnapping.

I'm worried that the 5 yo was killed also, and his body just hasn't been found yet. Hopefully during the next few days we will hear more about any video capturing them in the vehicle via banks, shops, traffic cams, etc.

I also highly doubt any link to a drug cartel and, sadly, I'm also fearful that the 5 year old deceased. I'm hoping there will at least be surveillance cameras at the apartments where the vehicle was found.

The burglary reports are interesting. It was certainly nice of the burglar to lock the doors when he/she left. I wonder how the burglar knew where to find the plastic jewelry box with the necklaces that he/she took? And why would a burglar break into a home (time #3) just to spray black paint on the wall? Strange. It seems to me that it must have been someone that was familiar with the home and the occupants and someone with an anger control problem.

Why was the 11 mo only wearing a diaper? Possibly taken from the home? Why would he be out and about, in car or wherever, with only a diaper on. I think it's more likely that he would be home if he was wearing a diaper only. Unless his clothing was intentionally removed just prior to placing him in the dumpster. If so, why?

EDIT to ADD: And mom had no shoes or socks on. But no other clothing missing. Sounds to me like they were taken from the home.

According to the niece, who has posted on local media/OPD FB pages, the family was awaiting the father's arrival home, because they had planned to go out and pay some bills. That when the father arrived the family wasn't there. This is the only place I've seen this information, and the niece only mentioned it once. If this is the case then it gives the impression that the abduction of the family occurred at the home prior to the father arriving.

What an awful case. Maybe the mom and her sons were kidnapped by an angry psycho, like maybe someone's ex, and Mom negotiated for the 1 yr old's life. She said ' he cannot speak or ID you, let me drop him off somewhere.' :cry:

Luckyseven, Would you add the sister's home (S. 48th & O St), and Ismenia's work location (ConAngra) to the map? I'm sorry I don't know the address of the facility she worked at.

Wonder if it's possible Mom had baby and little boy in car with her and was car-jacked, and perp didn't initially realize baby in carseat in the back (maybe baby sleeping) but when he did realize it he dumped baby?

Looking at Luckyseven's map causes me to worry, as most of the activity was contained in one area....except for the 11mo's drop in the dumpster. Even the car dump was done in the primary area. Where on earth is this little 5 yo?

We don't know what was actually spray-painted on the walls.......sure, maybe a punk doing graffiti but just as easily could have been some kind of intentional ominous threat by someone totally *not* just some punk.

"A man believed to be a family member of a missing Omaha boy turned himself in Thursday night and is being questioned by police, who say 5-year-old, Josue Ramirez-Marinero has been "found." No word on his condition.

The man's name has not been released. His last known residence at South 22nd Street and Poppleton Avenue is being searched."

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/...olice-Connected-To-Missing-Boy-303030361.html

The Omaha PD Facebook page posted that Josue Ramirez-Marinero HAS NOT been found.

I don't know how much rain Omaha got last night but I'm in Lincoln (about 40 miles away) and we have serious flooding going on right now from over 7 inches of rain last night, so I have to imagine the river is high and flowing pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very concerning. Let's hope the little man is safe and dry with someone inside and didn't flee the scene on foot . :(

No update? Found...... be safe !!!
It's very concerning they cannot just slap the word ' safe or alive' behind found for that article.
Come on with an update.

"A man believed to be a family member of a missing Omaha boy turned himself in Thursday night and is being questioned by police, who say 5-year-old, Josue Ramirez-Marinero has been "found." No word on his condition.

The man's name has not been released. His last known residence at South 22nd Street and Poppleton Avenue is being searched."

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/...olice-Connected-To-Missing-Boy-303030361.html

On the Omaha PD Facebook page they just posted that Josue Ramirez-Marinero HAS NOT been found.

http://www.ketv.com/news/amber-alert-issued-for-sibling-of-toddler-found-in-metro-dumpster/32852350

''At 6:25 a.m. Friday, Omaha police provided the following statement to KETV NewsWatch 7: "Unfortunately, we have not found the boy. We plan on holding a press conference sometime today to update the case. We won't be releasing any additional information until the press conference."''

OH NO :( This gives me a very bad feeling. I was feeling optimistic before and that he would be found safe but to have the man in custody and no child yet is certainly concerning .

Here are some of the new details in those last two articles posted in case anyone is trying to skim!

• Police reiterate that the boy is missing and all efforts to find him are still in motion.
  • The father, Jose Ramirez, is in custody for being an illegal immigrant.
  • A woman living in the apartment complex where the suspect car was found said that she saw someone park the car wearing a black hoodie and black rubber gloves.
  • Two weeks ago, Marinero asked her friend to look after her children if anything bad happened to her.
  • Leading up to the fire, Marinero had seen men in trucks following closely behind her around town.
  • She also had plans to meet someone, maybe a social worker, at the South Omaha Library on Tuesday.
  • On Tuesday night, Marinero had plans to meet with Ramirez. He kept calling Marinero, but her phone was off. About 11 p.m., he received a message from her phone that she was at the hospital but heading home.

Here are some of the new details in those last two articles posted in case anyone is trying to skim!

• Police reiterate that the boy is missing and all efforts to find him are still in motion.
  • The father, Jose Ramirez, is in custody for being an illegal immigrant.
  • A woman living in the apartment complex where the suspect car was found said that she saw someone park the car wearing a black hoodie and black rubber gloves.
  • Two weeks ago, Marinero asked her friend to look after her children if anything bad happened to her.
  • Leading up to the fire, Marinero had seen men in trucks following closely behind her around town.
  • She also had plans to meet someone, maybe a social worker, at the South Omaha Library on Tuesday.
  • On Tuesday night, Marinero had plans to meet with Ramirez. He kept calling Marinero, but her phone was off. About 11 p.m., he received a message from her phone that she was at the hospital but heading home.

No one knows if she sent the message, I'm assuming. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back