NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Jason was featured in the current issue of the National Center for Missing Adults newsletter "The Missing Voice".

The Come Home program, the first ever national missing locator program which seeks the missing among the homeless, is mentioned on page 5 of the newsletter.

On page 7 is a piece that I wrote for a family of a missing person who was struggling with the emotions surrounding having a missing loved one. I also used this piece as a basis for my keynote speech at the New York State Missing Person's Day earlier this year. The piece is called "Let no Stone Remain Unturned".

You can read the newsletter at:

Link to Newsletter

With Hope,
Kelly

Blog About Missing Persons Contains “Inside Information”

Omaha, NE, August 1, 2005 -- Blogs exist that contain information about missing persons, but none are written with the firsthand knowledge and inside information of someone who works directly with the families of the missing. The blog, “Project Jason-Voice for the Missing”, is written by Kelly Jolkowski, who has experienced this tragedy herself, as her own son, Jason, has been missing without a trace for over 4 years.

Daily entries to the blog will take you inside the lives of the families of the missing. Readers can follow along as the never-ending stories unfold. Professionals who work in the field will also be given a voice, as they provide information in their area of expertise.

Frustrated by the lack of attention for all missing persons cases, nonprofit organization Project Jason founder Kelly Jolkowski wanted to find another way to fulfill their mission statement, which calls for them to create and increase awareness for these persons. Thousands of missing person’s cases do not get national attention, and may not even get local attention.

Recently featured in a USA Today article about lack of attention for missing person’s cases, particularly for missing males, Kelly hopes that the article, and now the blog, along with the outcry from other Internet sources, will help bring about change: “Awareness is the key to resolving these cases and reuniting the families. We have to help make them visible in order to accomplish this.”

On the blog, Kelly states: “We are the Voice for the Missing; speaking for those who are not among us but who are forever in our hearts. Through the eyes of those who experience this tragedy; the families of the missing, and through our own personal experiences, we'll share the pain, the fears, and the daily struggles.”

The blog can be viewed at http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Project Jason is a 501 (c ) 3 nonprofit organization based out of Omaha, NE. The all-volunteer group’s primary focus is awareness for missing person’s cases, support and resources for their families, and education of the public.

Highly respected blogger Steve Huff spoke of the brand new Project Jason blog on his Twilight Kingdom blog today.

http://www.planethuff.com/twilight_kingdom/

"More Missing People in the Tropics, and a Note About Kelly & Jason

I must point you toward a new missing persons-related blog begun by Kelly Jolkowski. voice4themissing.blogspot.com is either a companion to or part of Kelly's Project Jason.

Kelly Jolkowski's son Jason, age 19, vanished on June 13, 2001. His brother Michael last saw Jason dragging trashcans up from the curb while Jason was waiting for a ride to his job. There is no reason to believe Jason is a runaway, but there are very few clues as to what did happen.

I quote now from Project Jason's mission statement:

Our mission as a non profit organization is to create and increase public awareness of missing people through a variety of outreach and educational activities. Project Jason seeks to bring hope and assistance to families of the missing by providing resources and support.

The mission also applies to Kelly's new blogspot blog.

Because Twilight Kingdom already gets a decent number of readers daily I want to quote from an e-mail Kelly sent me:

"It's so heartbreaking to try to get media attention for our families and strike out time after time. I know it is like a slap in the face to them when their cheek is already so raw. That is why I had to start this blog. I'll sneak in the back door if I have to and get the word out for these families in pain..."

The media can seem highly selective about this particular subject. You even hear reporters on various news channels discussing this criticism -- that some missing persons cases get more coverage than others -- and lamely defending lack of coverage because, say, "law enforcement doesn't suspect foul play" yet, or because the person may have simply run away.

Hopefully Kelly's move into blogging will be as wise as I think it is, and she will be able to bring more and more of these unjustly neglected cases forward. Because I do get a few hundred readers a day here right now, perhaps the word will spread, which is the reason I quoted from Kelly's e-mail. The families at the very least deserve the comfort of knowing that somewhere out there, complete strangers will still give a damn, whether their missing loved ones' face is plastered all over CNN or Fox or not."

www.prolifeblogs.com

Project Jason - Searching for the Mssing
One of the newest members of ProLifeBlogs.com is the weblog of Project Jason which shares the stories of the lives of missing persons and their families.

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Kelly Jolkowski, the founder of Project Jason, turned her own personal tragedy (the disapperance of her son Jason) into help and action for others. She states, "We are the Voice for the Missing; speaking for those who are not among us but who are forever in our hearts. Through the eyes of those who experience this tragedy; the families of the missing, and through our own personal experiences, we'll share the pain, the fears, and the daily struggles."

Recently featured in a USA Today article about lack of attention for missing person’s cases, particularly for missing males, Kelly hopes that the article, and now the blog, along with the outcry from other Internet sources, will help bring about change: "Awareness is the key to resolving these cases and reuniting the families. We have to help make them visible in order to accomplish this."

I share Kelly's hope and encourage pro-life bloggers to help Project Jason spread the word about individuals who, like Jason, are missing.

Link to Story

jolkowski_09-01.jpg

Cause driven Youth living a dream
Steele Races for Missing Nebraska Youth

Tony Steele, of Glendale AZ accepts a challenge of a lifetime. Steele, at only sixteen years of age with many challenges ahead in his young life, has one huge one presently in front of him. “We can’t imagine what we will learn at the Nationals, most of the best drivers in the country will be competing in this event” Said Tony Steele.
http://www.racinginiowa.com/boonespeedway.html

Steele will be competing in the IMCA Super Nationals in Boone, IA. Boone Speedway is hosting stockcar racing at its finest with Hobby Stocks, Stocks, Late Models, Sprints and the Modifieds with car counts in the seven-hundred range. Racing starts on Monday September 5th through September 10th with tune up events for Steele at Beatrice Speedway, Nebraska Saturday night, September 3rd, and at Nebraska’s Raceway Park on Sunday, September 4th. http://www.neracewaypark.com

Veteran and standout driver/car owner Terry Shearer of Auburn, Nebraska will provide the experience necessary for Steele, as he will prepare a second IMCA hobby stock for action during the week of the Nationals. Steele, will be representing the Racing for the Missing (RFTM) Safety & Awareness program in Shearer`s #9TS Razor Chassis/Olds Cutlass. The photograph of missing Omaha youth, Jason Jolkowski, will adorn the hood of this racecar, and his family will be in attendance at both the Sunday and Monday night events.

Steele will have to literally out drive over one hundred of his competitors just to make it in to the main event held Saturday night September 10th. Pete Steele (Tony’s father) commented “This is the first step of many, Tony knows how to win and when we do this we can focus on winning the biggest race of Tony’s life to this point.” With the help of veteran racer and Nebraska resident Terry Shearer, the Arizona driver and his father will live one of many dreams in what they believe will be a long career in motorsports.

RFTM is a division of the Nations Missing Children’s Organization & Center for Missing Adults and aside from promoting safety in communities nationwide, RFTM`s mission is to increase the likelihood of a safe return of a missing child or “at risk” adult. We do this by positioning photographs of missing persons and law enforcement contact information on the most valued location on a racecar in high-visibility motor sports venues such as NASCAR, NHRA, USAC, and others. We provide support and encourage family involvement with teams and media trackside improving awareness and utilizing the team’s transporters as mobile billboards positively impacting the communities we travel through serving to protect and involve personal safety information at each event.

MISSING

Jason Anthony Jolkowski of Omaha Nebraska, disappeared June 13, 2001 Jason was last seen bringing in garbage cans at his residence after pickup. He was leaving to go meet a co-worker at the high school only 8 blocks away to get a ride to work but never arrived. He has not accessed his bank account and has not cashed checks from his employer.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301135W

Jason is a white male, six foot one inches tall, weighing 165 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and a light complexion. Jason was last seen wearing a white "Chicago Cubs" or "Sammy Sosa" t-shirt, black dress pants, blue "Cubs" cap, dress shoes, and also carrying red work shirt.

To learn more about Jason’s disappearance and how you can help others, go to these web sites for more information. www.Projectjason.org and www.theyaremissed.org

“We are so fortunate to have people like the Steele family working with us, together we are creating a safer place for our children.” said Darrell LaMoure, Co-Founder of RFTM and Program Manager.

We extend a special thank you to our friends at Nebraska Raceway Park and Boone Speedway for their support of the family of Jason Jolkowski. Each facility will provide Jason’s family with complementary VIP passes to the events and an opportunity to share their story with the people of Iowa & Nebraska. Thanks also to Justice Brothers, Meyer-Earp Chevrolet and Razor Chassis for all of their efforts on the Hobby Stock that Tony will pilot.

Hugs and many prayers going your way Kelly

You will SEE him again... just keep the faith

Thank you for the prayers. We all need them to continue our journey. Our hearts are heavy, but with the help of kind people like you, we are uplifted and continue on.

Kelly

Kelly,
Have you ever thought of contacting the news channels and asking them to show a picture of one missing person per show? They could also give a brief summary about the missing person. It would take a few seconds of their time and would get the faces of the missing out there.

You could send them pictures and a brief summary...say 7 at a time...to last for a week. I know it would be time consuming for you but you just never know what might happen. I think it is about time that CNN, ABC, FOX, and all of the rest pitch in and do something really important.

Just a thought but I don't know why they couldn't do this.

Actually, I wrote a media challenge asking for this very thing about 6 months ago. For reason I cannot recall, something came up and I didn't get to it. I still have the file and have not forgotten it.

As I handle over 75 family cases now, this is why I need help with these media challenges. I offer to publish the piece here if anyone is willing to send it.

Thank you!

Kelly

Kelly said:
Actually, I wrote a media challenge asking for this very thing about 6 months ago. For reason I cannot recall, something came up and I didn't get to it. I still have the file and have not forgotten it.

As I handle over 75 family cases now, this is why I need help with these media challenges. I offer to publish the piece here if anyone is willing to send it.

Thank you!

Kelly

I don't have a clue what to do but if you send me the info and give me a step by step I would be more than willing to help out. I think I would enjoy doing it. Make myself useful :D

Jason's Law is Launched
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/1880507.html

Missing Adults
Information Clearinghouse

The Nebraska State Patrol has set up a clearinghouse to coordinate the search for missing adults. Information has been collected and now is available on a Web site maintained by the Patrol.

The patrol will collect and disseminate information on missing persons to help law enforcement agencies, public and private organizations and individuals hoping to find the missing.

Creation of the clearinghouse was approved this year by the Legislature. Thirty-eight other states have such clearinghouses.

The patrol has maintained a similar database of missing children.

The new site has pictures and information on three missing adults in Nebraska, but the patrol said more names are in the process of being added. The people posted are Michael Ashby of Omaha, missing since 1992; Regina Bos of Lincoln, missing since 2000; and Jason Jolkowski of Omaha, missing since 2001.

The Web site also links users to information about people missing from other states. The public can access the files through the Nebraska State Patrol's Web site.

The clearinghouse can also be reached by calling toll-free (877) 441-5678.

Kelly said:
Jason's Law is Launched
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/1880507.html

Missing Adults
Information Clearinghouse

The Nebraska State Patrol has set up a clearinghouse to coordinate the search for missing adults. Information has been collected and now is available on a Web site maintained by the Patrol.

The patrol will collect and disseminate information on missing persons to help law enforcement agencies, public and private organizations and individuals hoping to find the missing.

Creation of the clearinghouse was approved this year by the Legislature. Thirty-eight other states have such clearinghouses.

The patrol has maintained a similar database of missing children.

The new site has pictures and information on three missing adults in Nebraska, but the patrol said more names are in the process of being added. The people posted are Michael Ashby of Omaha, missing since 1992; Regina Bos of Lincoln, missing since 2000; and Jason Jolkowski of Omaha, missing since 2001.

The Web site also links users to information about people missing from other states. The public can access the files through the Nebraska State Patrol's Web site.

The clearinghouse can also be reached by calling toll-free (877) 441-5678.

Congratulations Kelly... I know that you are proud to have your hard work finally begin to pay off.... Prayers for your family and Jason... May he come home to you soon.

Much Love,
Gabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members