NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who prayed for me and my family over the holidays. We made it through ok and are back at work for the cause.

Hugs across the miles,
Kelly

Kelly, God bless you. My oldest son would remind you of Jason.

Through your efforts, you've helped so many, Kelly.

*all we are is dust in the wind*

Some day you will reunite with Jason's spirit. So many of us carry his sweet smiling face in our memories, and see him in our sons.

Bumping from many pages back for those who don't know Jason and for those who do, prompting for a prayer.

A mother's love is a very powerful force.

Kelly

Kelly, I think about you all the time and send many prayers your way. Your heroic efforts affect so many. I just know others have been helped and this will help you.

Kelly have there been any recent leads? Are authorities "looking hard" at anyone? Have you received and new avenues to investigate?

Jason has such a "presence" in the now well known photograph of him. It just seems inconceivable that anyone that knows what happened isn't somehow getting word to you!

Thanks, CP, and my other friends of the missing here at WS.

In answer to PT's question, think Fred Murray.

I have given LE things to check out. I never hear from them. It has been months. I try to be patient. They say they are working or worked on what I gave them. I have to trust they are, because I cannot force them to prove it as the case records are closed to me. I cannot take them to court if I chose to because I am not a person of any means.

Since I also cannot afford a good PI, I have to trust they really are checking these things. If I alienate them permanently in some kind of records battle, (assuming I could) then I am on my own to play PI, and that is not a good option.

So many families of missing adults are in the same boat, or worse. At least in my case, they did a fairly thorough investigation in the beginning. Many get no help at all.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Thanks, CP, and my other friends of the missing here at WS.

In answer to PT's question, think Fred Murray.

I have given LE things to check out. I never hear from them. It has been months. I try to be patient. They say they are working or worked on what I gave them. I have to trust they are, because I cannot force them to prove it as the case records are closed to me. I cannot take them to court if I chose to because I am not a person of any means.

Since I also cannot afford a good PI, I have to trust they really are checking these things. If I alienate them permanently in some kind of records battle, (assuming I could) then I am on my own to play PI, and that is not a good option.

So many families of missing adults are in the same boat, or worse. At least in my case, they did a fairly thorough investigation in the beginning. Many get no help at all.

Kelly

I understand and sympathize with you. In my case no one will ever look as it is not something that they can spend dollars on. And I don't have any.But, I know the police are aware and if one odd thing happens they will look. Of course, it will be too late.

Your story is so sad, and powerful.

I can't help but think of doctors, when my children have some difficult to diagnose illness, they tune you out. They stop listening, and stop caring, and they even stop believing you when you have something to add once several good attempts at treating and understanding the problem don't work.

It seems like if your problem isn't clear cut and solveable, the professionals walk away.

I think we all understand that mentality, but it hurts so much when its you and you need help.

Prayers for Jason.

Your analogy is dead on. Towards the beginning, I asked if Sex Offenders (SO) could possibly have anything to do with it, and was told no, this is not their m.o.

At a conference I attended last April, I met some higher level LE who told me that is not true and should be checked out. I came back home and requested the list of SO in the area at that time and was told that was not possible, as those records were not kept. I insisted they must be kept and pushed them to check again. They again said no. I went back to my LE helpers and they said "nonsense", so I tried again. Low and behold if they didn't get the records!

They wouldn't give them to me of course, as the list is now a part of the case records. I also have to trust they are actually even looking at the list and doing anything with it at all.

Kelly I read your update and my heart is breaking at your struggle. You just have to keep believing that LE is working on Jason's case. Perhaps they are not sharing some of the details with you because they don't want information to leak out? It might not seem like it from your perspective, but sometimes investigations are held very close to LE chests.

Sometims you just have to believe....

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Kelly said:
Your analogy is dead on. Towards the beginning, I asked if Sex Offenders (SO) could possibly have anything to do with it, and was told no, this is not their m.o.

At a conference I attended last April, I met some higher level LE who told me that is not true and should be checked out. I came back home and requested the list of SO in the area at that time and was told that was not possible, as those records were not kept. I insisted they must be kept and pushed them to check again. They again said no. I went back to my LE helpers and they said "nonsense", so I tried again. Low and behold if they didn't get the records!

They wouldn't give them to me of course, as the list is now a part of the case records. I also have to trust they are actually even looking at the list and doing anything with it at all.

You don't have access to a list of sex offenders in your area? When I lived in MI I used to check the Internet list every once in a while. I could view all listed SOs by the entire state or just search my neighborhood. I thought that was public knowledge in every state. If it isn't, it should be.

dulcinea said:
You don't have access to a list of sex offenders in your area? When I lived in MI I used to check the Internet list every once in a while. I could view all listed SOs by the entire state or just search my neighborhood. I thought that was public knowledge in every state. If it isn't, it should be.

Yes, we have access to a list of SO. WHat I was talking about was going back 4 years and getting a list of SO who lived in the area at that time. That was the difficulty.

PT: I will not give up...no way. I understand LE must keep things from the public eye. I just wish I had a way to know they truly are working on it. I can only trust them and hope that they are.

Thank you!

Kelly

Kelly,
I am so amazed at your spirit, that you work so hard to locate Jason yet you still find the time to give hope to others going through similar circumstances.

I hope you find Jason, the sooner the better. My heart goes out to you and your family-the not knowing has got to take it's toll on you.

Bless you,
Kat

The following is a piece you can copy and paste into an email and send to your friends:

"Your assistance is needed for an email campaign. The purpose of the campaign is to ask the Omaha, NE CBS affiliate, KM3, to move the Missing show to a better timeslot. Missing is a 30 minute syndicated show which features profiles of missing persons from all over the USA. (see www.usamissing.com)

Missing is currently on the programming schedule at 4:30am on Saturdays. In order for a show like this to be effective, it needs to be moved to a better timeframe. Finding missing persons is more important than generic, repeated news and infommercials. It's a proven fact that the more people see the face of the missing person, the greater the odds of location.

Two missing persons from Omaha will be featured on the Missing show in the near future. Jason Jolkowski's information will be shown on March 4th. Missing Amber Harris' profile is scheduled for the March 11th show.

We need your help to communicate the importance of a better airtime for the Missing show. Please write to KM3 and ask them to move this show to increase the odds for Amber and Jason. More viewers equals increased potential to solve these cases and bring them home to their loved ones.

KM3's email address is feedback@action3news.com

Thank you.
"

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Kelly said:
The following is a piece you can copy and paste into an email and send to your friends:

"Your assistance is needed for an email campaign. The purpose of the campaign is to ask the Omaha, NE CBS affiliate, KM3, to move the Missing show to a better timeslot. Missing is a 30 minute syndicated show which features profiles of missing persons from all over the USA. (see www.usamissing.com)

Missing is currently on the programming schedule at 4:30am on Saturdays. In order for a show like this to be effective, it needs to be moved to a better timeframe. Finding missing persons is more important than generic, repeated news and infommercials. It's a proven fact that the more people see the face of the missing person, the greater the odds of location.

Two missing persons from Omaha will be featured on the Missing show in the near future. Jason Jolkowski's information will be shown on March 4th. Missing Amber Harris' profile is scheduled for the March 11th show.

We need your help to communicate the importance of a better airtime for the Missing show. Please write to KM3 and ask them to move this show to increase the odds for Amber and Jason. More viewers equals increased potential to solve these cases and bring them home to their loved ones.

KM3's email address is feedback@action3news.com

Thank you."

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/
Kelly,

Does it matter if the email is from out of state?

I will be glad to assist, but not sure if the television station will be responsive to us outside of their viewing area.

Please let us know.

Prayers for Jason

Thanks for the offer. Theoretically, they would only be interested in responses from the viewing area, but others could carry some weight, and it may be possible that the person who filters these messages does not notice that the sender is not from the area, based upon their email address.

If a person is willing to send the email, I say "fire away".

P., I am so sorry I forgot Maura's two year date. I was out of town and realized it upon my return. I know you are close to the family.

With Hope,
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads