NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly said:
Thanks for the offer. Theoretically, they would only be interested in responses from the viewing area, but others could carry some weight, and it may be possible that the person who filters these messages does not notice that the sender is not from the area, based upon their email address.

If a person is willing to send the email, I say "fire away".

P., I am so sorry I forgot Maura's two year date. I was out of town and realized it upon my return. I know you are close to the family.

With Hope,
Kelly
Dear Kelly,

You have been such a huge help to the Murrays and the Rausches that I am sure that no apology is necessary.

I was aware that you were out of town with the possibilty of little to no internet on 2/9 - I am sure that they were aware also. I know they feel a special closeness to you and to Jason.

P ~

http://www.ketv.com/news/7055771/detail.html

Web Site Aims To Bring Missing Home
Patrol Creates Missing Persons' Clearinghouse

POSTED: 5:11 pm CST February 14, 2006
UPDATED: 5:24 pm CST February 14, 2006

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Nebraska State Patrol is working to make it easier to bring missing persons home with a missing persons clearinghouse Web site that went online last month. Now, weekly updates go out from the patrol to the media on new cases in the state.

Investigators said the Web site is still a work in progress, but they believe it's one more way to help the missing.

"We update the Web site as soon as we get the information," said the patrol's Lt. John Shelton.

Shelton said the site has all the current missing persons in the state. Some include a photo. All of them give a physical description of the person, their age and other data.

"It's going to give basic information as to the events on the disappearance of the person," Shelton said.

Included on the site are some names ripped from the headlines, including Brendan Gonzalez, Amber Harris and Jason Jolkowski. Kelly Jolkowski, Jason's mother, was instrumental in making sure the need for the clearinghouse was clear to Nebraska lawmakers. She helped push through LB 111.

"Once the law went into effect, that gave us some resources to create all this," Shelton said.

The patrol is working with families of the missing to get more photos online. The tool has high hopes behind it as families work to bring loved ones home.

"Anytime you get more eyes on from the public, it can help us get that information out better, and that many more eyes looking for that person may lead to a resolution to the case," Shelton said.

The Nebraska State Patrol had a missing persons clearinghouse before LB 111, but it contained just children, and the public did not have access.

*bump*-ing for Jason

Kelly, have you ever heard back from the Solvemycase.com people?

No, which, according to their original email back to me, means they aren't interested. I've heard nothing at all about this show from anyone. Maybe they aren't going to do it at all.

Thanks for asking and for the bump.

Kelly

Today marks the start of the Project Jason Voice for the Missing blog series entitled "Psychics and Missing People". You will find the link in my signature.

There is not one proven case in which a psychic, using special powers or abilities not given to the typical person, has located a missing person, whether dead or alive. It may be possible that some persons have an ability that defies science and logic, but there is no known scientific evidence of this. These persons re-victimize families by taking away hope where it should stand, and giving hope where there is none. No person has the right to do this to another.

The goal of this series is to is to demonstrate to families of the missing the methods used by these persons. Understanding what goes on behind the scenes should decrease any guilt feelings for not accepting offers of "help" from these persons, whether it is fee-based or not. We want to lessen the pain already present in our every breath, and arm families with the information to defend themselves against these persons.

In reading the series you will discover how psychics do an excellent job of convincing you that their guesses derive from special powers or the aid of other worldly spirits. You will learn the methods they use and be able to spot those upon observance. If you believe in the claims of psychics, but are open to logic and science, you will not feel the same about them after this series.

Please note that the mission statement of Project Jason includes assistance for families of the missing. We do not exist to prove or disprove paranormal claims. The blog will provide a link where you may go to discuss your viewpoint if you wish. We are unable to discuss this with you, as that detracts from the time we need to spend helping the families of the missing.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/2446227.html

Amber Search Escalates
New tools put to use

Pictures of Amber Harris have been all over television, newspapers and the Internet. Now her picture and her story are going on the road.

Semi trucks make up a lot of the traffic we see on the interstate. Now, along with their cargo, truck drivers can take Amber's story and picture with them.

Project Jason teamed with Through the Gears, a free magazine for truck drivers, to make this possible.

Each month they put a missing person on the cover hoping truck drivers will spread the story. This is Amber's month on the front cover. Inside, there is a page devoted to information about the missing 12-year-old from Omaha.

Kelly Jolkowski has been working with the Harris family since the week Amber disappeared. She's the driving force behind Project Jason named for her son who disappeared as an adult five years ago.

On Friday night, Jolkowski and the Harris family announced several new initiatives to keep the search for the missing girl moving forward.

Aside from the magazine there's Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person campaign. They'll send Amber's bio and her picture on a pin to anyone who wants it. They're also encouraging people to Download amber's poster and keep putting it up.

Jolkowski says, "The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a poster campaign. Their stats are very good for having the person be found because of seeing the person on a poster. I believe they're running about 60%, which is very high."

Amber's father, Michael Harris says, "We're just trying to use every resource we can to bring our daughter home."

Amber's mother, Melissa Harris adds that, "I want her face embedded in people's minds; her pretty face. We don't want anyone to forget her face. Even after she's found, I'm going to work with Kelly. I'm not going to stop."

While still searching for their children, Harris and Jolkowski want the state to keep doing more for the hundreds of people listed as missing in Nebraska.

Jolkowski was instrumental in passing a law that created the state's new missing person clearing house Web site. They both want to know why there are only a handful of pictures on the site.

Jolkowski says, "That was never the intent of the law - just some text. It was photos too. I just don't understand why it would take so long to get the photos."

According to the state patrol's Web site, 168 people are listed as missing in Omaha alone. That includes Amber Harris. There is a substantial reward for information leading to Amber.

http://www.kptm.com/news/local/2446217.html

The Search Continues
More help for the family of missing 12 year-old Amber Harris.

And it comes from someone that can relate to their experience.

Kelly Jolkowski heads up “Project Jason” in memory of her son.

Jason Jolkowski disappeared back in 2001.

The Jolkowski's and Harris’s have teamed up to give Amber more attention by getting her picture and story out across the nation.

This is the face that the Harris' never want you to forget.

“I'm glad she's out there I want her embedded in people's mind,” says Amber’s mother Melissa Harris.

The first way is through the 18 Wheel Angel Program where posters are printed from the Project Jason’s website at projectjason.org.

“The program is geared towards truck drivers but we also highly encourage anyone and everyone to come to our website,” says Kelly Jolkowski of Project Jason.

So far, in it's first two years, this program has helped post over 40,000 posters of missing people.

Another place you'll find Amber's photo is in this month's “Through the Gears Magazine,” which reaches over 150,000 people.

Project Jason is also helping to find Amber and others through its Adopt a Missing Person Program.

If people want to adopt a person they can visit the project Jason website and click on the “adopt a missing person” link.

Once they submit their information they'll receive a button and biography telling the missing persons story.

“We ask them to pledge to wear there button whether its on their coat their blouse their purse their backpack,” Jolkowski says.

Kelly Jolkowski says the adoption program helps keep the missing cases fresh in peoples minds.

“They will take ownership they will want to continue to wear that button they will want to find out what's going on,” adds Jolkowski.

According to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, this type of publicity is quite successful.

“Their stats are very good for the person having been found because of seeing their face on a poster, I believe they're running at about 60 percent,” says Jolkowski.

The Harris' are just thankful to have such a helpful resource in Omaha.

“We want to use every resource we can to bring our daughter back home,” Amber’s father Michael Harris says.

Another vigil is planned for Amber this Tuesday at Trinty Church at 156th and Dodge Street starting at 7 p.m.

And Amber’s case will get more national exposure. America's Most Wanted is planning a trip to Omaha sometime this month to produce a story about the missing teen.

http://www.ketv.com/family/8026095/detail.html

Prayer Service Held For Harris

POSTED: 10:29 am CST March 15, 2006
UPDATED: 10:38 am CST March 15, 2006

OMAHA, Neb. -- There was a prayer service for a missing Omaha girl on Tuesday night.

Dozens of people attended the service at Trinity Church, near 156th Street and West Dodge Road for Amber Harris.

Harris' parents believe every vigil makes a difference in their quest to bring their daughter home, they said.

Kelly Jolkowski was at the event. Her son, Jason, is still missing, and she said she understands the Harris' crusade.

"This child belongs to the whole community," Jolkowski said. "Everyone should be pitching in no matter what part of town they live in. We're all one community."

A national TV show will be in town next week to profile the Harris case.

The 12-year-old was last seen on Nov. 29. If you have information about where she is, call (800) 78-CRIME or (402) 444-5600.

We're hoping this Columbia News Service Article gets picked up by newspapers all over the country. Jason's photo is front and center, which made me quite happy.

Here is an excerpt:

"It used to be that the faces of missing people showed up primarily on milk cartons and the occasional poster stapled to a telephone pole. But today Internet sites are proving to be an increasingly valuable resource for family members desperate to locate a loved one.

The FBI estimates that there are nearly 50,000 active missing adult cases in the United States. And according to the Department of Justice, nearly 800,000 children are currently missing. Today, with the help of technology like the Internet, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children estimates the recovery rate for missing children at 94 percent, up from 62 percent 15 years ago.

When 19-year-old Jason Jolkowski took out the trash at his parent’s Omaha, Neb., home one June morning in 2001 and disappeared, the police thought he had probably run away, but his parents were confident something else had happened.
“We didn’t know what to do,” said Jason’s mother, Kelly Jolkowski. “We wasted valuable time at the beginning. Time is the huge enemy for a missing person’s family.”

Kelly Jolkowski went online and discovered that her home state did not list missing people on its Web site, and there was little information available to guide people on what to do when a loved one goes missing. Out of frustration and a desire to help others in the same situation, the family founded the nonprofit organization Project Jason.

The group’s Web site features photos of missing people with information about their disappearances, links to resources for families and a section that allows people to “adopt” a missing person by wearing buttons with their photos. Project Jason also started a program in which truck drivers can download and print out posters of the missing to post as they cross the country. Jolkowski estimates that at least 40,000 posters have been distributed since January.

“I consider our success to be the things we do to give the families of missing hope to keep going on,” she said. “It lets them know people care, and that people are taking action for their missing loved one.”

When a loved one goes missing, Jolkowski says, many people incorrectly assume that law enforcement officials will take care of distributing posters, contacting media and spreading the word nationally.

“That’s not their job,” Jolkowski said. “It seems unfair that you’re going through this horrible thing and you have to do all these other steps, but you do.”

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2006-04-04/lemoult-missingpeople

clap.gif

May you get a lead on Jason's case soon
blowkises.gif

Kelly,
For some reason I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about you and your family. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for you. I pray that your find answers soon. God bless you for everything you are going through and everything you are doing to help other families.

Kelly,
What does LE consider Jason's case to be...runaway, endangered missing? Are they still investigating? Have you gotten any leads, sightings? Prayers to you and your family.

There is an actor out there... I don't know his name... he used to play a lawyer on NYPD Blue, and another lawyer on Law & Order. Most recently he played an "appeal lawyer" on the Death Row episode of Criminal Minds.

To me he ALWAYS reminds me of Jason. The resemblence is there but its not really overwhelming, as this actor is much older than Jason, but whenever I see him I always think "There's Jason".

Odd eh....

PonderingThings, I think I know who you're talking about. His name is Michael B. Silver (you can look at his photo on his IMDB page) and he does bear a slight resemblance to Jason. I think it's in the eyes and the shape of his face.

Thanks, everyone.

I was curious about this actor, so I went and looked, and I agree that there is a resemblance. My mom also says that singer Josh Groban reminds her of Jason.

Jason is considered endangered missing with LE, although at first, he was listed as a runaway. LE doesn't really do much proactive, as there isn't much more they can do. He is listed in the major crimes unit.

It seems like we don't get too many leads these days, or at least none I hear about.

Many blessings to you and your families,
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members