NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
base_image

Josh Groban... yep I see it!

Prayers to you and your family.... I think of you and Jason and offer prayers daily...

Kelly said:
Thanks, everyone.

I was curious about this actor, so I went and looked, and I agree that there is a resemblance. My mom also says that singer Josh Groban reminds her of Jason.

Jason is considered endangered missing with LE, although at first, he was listed as a runaway. LE doesn't really do much proactive, as there isn't much more they can do. He is listed in the major crimes unit.

It seems like we don't get too many leads these days, or at least none I hear about.

Many blessings to you and your families,
Kelly
Kelly,
Were there ever any leads on Jason's case (maybe when he first went missing)? Other missing young men in the area? Any witnesses? Any problems with people at his work? Sexual predators in the area? I'm sure every thread of info has been checked out....but there has to be someone who saw something....would there have been lots of folks around the neighborhood at the time Jason was abducted?

czechmate7 said:
Kelly,
Were there ever any leads on Jason's case (maybe when he first went missing)? Other missing young men in the area? Any witnesses? Any problems with people at his work? Sexual predators in the area? I'm sure every thread of info has been checked out....but there has to be someone who saw something....would there have been lots of folks around the neighborhood at the time Jason was abducted?

Not really on the leads....a couple of unconfirmed leads. No one else missing. The neighbor also saw Jason in the driveway. All of the neighbors in the area were questioned, but probably too late to remember. No problems at work...they were all questioned more than once, too. Sexual predators...I was told by LE that that had no bearing. I learned a year ago from some high level LE this isn't true, so I asked this to be checked out. Nothing has come of it at this point.

Thanks for asking and caring.

Kelly

Hi, Kelly, I spoke to my little brother today and was reminded of Jason's case. He is nineteen, the same age as Jason, and he also has learning disabilities-- not the ones that Jason struggled with, but my brother was often regarded as "weird" or "stupid" by other kids who didn't understand that he communicated in a different way.
It set me to wondering what Jason's school years were like. Was he ever picked on or bullied by other kids? Would he have confided to you or another family member if he had been? Did he have any close friends from school, and have they stayed in touch with your family?
Was anything else going on at the high school the day of Jason's disappearance? If he had only been out of high school a year (?), it's possibly he could have run into current students who remembered him and may have viewed him as an easy target for harassment. Has this angle ever been considered?
I read your blog every week, and I am always amazed by your strength and determination. I know Jason is very proud of you and the rest of his family.

Hello,

Jason went to 2 different high schools, splitting his HS years between them. The one he went to last was the rough one, and yes, he was bullied. He had a few friends there, who were questioned. I suppose it is possible that some bullies harrassed him, or worse. It was summer though, and school was out, so even if it was school kids, one cannot question every single kid in a school with over a thousand. It still boils down to someone telling what they know. We did have a student who passed out posters of him to the other students the next school year. I don't know if this was seriously considered, but there really isn't a practical way to investigate an entire student body. Somebody just needs to tell what they know. That's what it boils down to.

Thank you for your kindness and caring. Hug your 19 year-old for me, please.

Many blessings to you and yours,

Kelly I'm curious to know if you ever checked out the Johnny Gosch story. His mother swears there is a pedophile ring, based in Nebraska, that consist of many high profile people. She seems to think its still operational.

Some of the story is really bizarre - but then so are a great many missing child cases!

Jason would appear to have been a little old.... but then again....

Johnny's mother's website is here http://www.johnnygosch.com/

I know that story, too. I don't know how much of it is true. I have been told by several reputable persons in the know that his mother is not right, if you know what I mean. I was told it was a fabrication of her mind that he came home and visited her, etc. I have mentioned this story to my LE in the past.

The last story about psychics in Jason's case is being posted. You can read part I here: http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/04/42706-pmp-bitter-end-part-i.html

Part II is also posted. The series on Psychics and Missing People is winding down. I hope it was helpful to our target audience in letting them (families of the missing) know they don't need to subject themselves to this nonsense. I also hope it helped other readers understand what really goes on behind the scenes.

The families who are still doing this out of guilt still have no answers. They only have wasted time, resources, broken hearts and spirits.

It's not the answer for you. Faith and trust in God (and good detective work) is the only real answer.

For those who may have missed it, the series starts here: Psychics and Missing People

With hope for all of our missing loved ones,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2759506.html

Miles For The Missing

Bike ride keeps memories of missing children alive

An annual bike ride called "Miles For The Missing" is making sure missing children will never be forgotten.

Grief brought on by the mysterious disappearance of three teens is why family members, and supporters gathered in Council Bluffs Sunday.

November of 2005 is the last time anyone saw 12-year-old Amber Harris.

"Without these extra resources, we wouldn't have known to do anything but just put out fliers and just look all the time," said Melissa Harris, Amber's mom.

July of 2004 is the last time anyone saw 17-year-old Ashley Martinez of Saint Joseph Missouri.

"We have not heard a word. It's been a nightmare," said Tammy Navinsky. "I don't know how you want to describe it. We spend every day trying to get on the Web sites, trying to find organizations to help."

Jason Jolkowski, 19, of Omaha vanished in June of 2001.

"It's an ongoing trauma. It's also a process of grief that you get stuck in because you don't really know," said Kelly Jolkowski, Jason's mother. "What am I grieving for? Am I grieving because someone's deceased? Am I grieving because they went away from us?"

Project Jason, a support system for families of missing children, sponsors the event in which bikers ride from one to 44 miles.

Kelly Jolkowski, the founder of Project Jason set up Sunday's bike ride.

Four Years and eleven months without you, Jason. We pray daily for your safe return. We love you and miss you.

Mom

I wish the media could host a special for your son Jason; a documentory of sorts, it has to continue to be so painful at this late stage :( your sacrifices and time will pay off in time (and it already has). You have given so much.

Just know God has a purpose for everyone born to this earth and each baby born was intended. He has a plan for all of us.

http://www.ketv.com/news/9214517/detail.html

Autopsy Next Step In Investigation
Police Continue Their Investigation Into Hummel Park Remains

POSTED: 8:59 pm CDT May 14, 2006
UPDATED: 9:30 pm CDT May 14, 2006

OMAHA, Neb. -- Omaha police say the next step in the investigation into remains found Friday night in Hummel Park is an autopsy.

A tip led police to the remains in the park just north of town.

Police have said there's no indication that the remains are that of Amber Harris.

Police told Newswatch 7 they have notified other families with missing loved ones in the metro of the remains.

The family of Jason Jolkowski has been notified. He's been missing since June of 2001. Jolkowski's mother, Kelly, is also nervously waiting for investigators to identify the remains.

Amber Harris' parents told Newswatch 7 police have told them to stay home from work Monday.

http://www.kptm.com/video/2098442.html?id=439

Many More Missing Besides Amber
05/14/2006

The waiting game is not only affecting the Harris's, it's also raising concerns for other families who have missing loved ones.

While much of the attention has been focused here at the Harris home, they know they're not the only ones keeping a close eye on the investigation.

"It doesn't have to be Amber," Kelly Jolkowski says. "It could be anybody."

Kelly Jolkowski's son Jason disappeared almost 5 years ago. She called Omaha police detectives after the remains were found in Hummel park, but so far hasn't gotten much information.

"In this case we still don't know and that's very hard."

And it's hard for more families than you might think.

Currently there are more than 160 cases in Omaha involving a person's disappearance.

Our cameras caught police detectives meeting with the Harris family on Friday.

The question is why they were singled out.

Omaha police tell us that decision is made by individual detectives and so far there's nothing to officially link Hummel Park to any particular case.

Jolkowski tells us it's common for police and families to keep in contact.

"At first when he went missing there were a couple of these situation where it was frightening and it still is," Jolkowski says.

But that fear doesn't compare to the hope still inside many Omaha families.

Hope that detectives will uncover the clues that put their anxieties to rest.

These are just a few buttons some family members wear day in and day out.

They help families remain hopeful for a couple of things-above all that they'll see their loved ones again, but also they want to learn the truth behind the disappearances.

The Jolkowski's and Harris' have been in touch during the past couple of days.

Kelly Jolkowski stopped by the Harris home today as well as Friday.

They say they're leaning on each other to get thru this trying time.

***** Thank you to fl_sun and all the other who have emailed me with your kind thoughts and prayers.

http://www.kptm.com/video/2098442.html?id=445

Harris Family, Families of Other Missing People Wait For Information
05/15/2006

Four days and nights, and still no new information for the family of Amber Harris.

Last week, human remains were discovered in Hummel Park. Since then, the Harris's have been on edge, wondering if the remains are Amber.

An Omaha Police detective suggested Melissa Harris stay home from work on Monday to wait for information. A call came at 5:15pm, but the detective could only say that they're still working on identifying the body.

OPD detectives tell the Harris's that the department is still working on the DNA process, and still can't tell if the remains are male or female, or what the age is.

In the meantime, the Harris family and relatives of other missing people in the metro have worried and wondered if it is their loved one that was found.

Melissa Harris says she's done what she can to pass the time, but that waiting is not easy.

"It seems to be harder when you first wake up in the morning," she says. "Your stomach's in knots. Then as friends and people take to you during the day it gets a little easier, but Amber's face is right there in front of you all the time."

Detectives have told Melissa Harris that they will call again on Tuesday, with any updates. She was also told that she could go back to work.

Melissa says that with everything that is going on, she is better off at home.

Amber Harris isn't the only missing person in the metro. Kelly Jolkowski from Project Jason has been in contact with detectives.

It's been almost five years since her son Jason disappeared.

She's also waiting to see if the remains are her son. It's the same feeling for many families.

Thank you all. I'm doing better right now. I am hoping the day goes fast and that we do not have to wait another one for the news.

God bless,
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members