NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great idea Kelly. Did you and Melissa put your heads together and come up with it? It would be wonderful if this idea would catch on in every state. The word would get out right away that someone is missing. What other info would be on the ticker...age, height, weight, clothing? If an Amber Alert went out along with the ticker that would be twice as good. If not, at least some info would be out right away. Good for you for coming up with this.

I can't sleep for some reason. It must be all the excitement. Tomorrow, well, actually today, is my meeting with the Nebraska State Patrol, too. I'd better be awake for that. Things are indeed happening in Nebraska.

To answer Bobbie, the idea came from my co-worker. She is from eastern Iowa and when we talked about the frustration of the Amber Alert system, she told me about the one in IA. It's been in place there for 20 years. I've never heard of anything similar in the country, other than one for the elderly called Mattie's Call. I believe that may be used in the Atlanta area.

While we can't have an Amber Alert for every missing person, I knew there had to be some compromise, an in-between. When my co-worker told me about the special system in IA, it was hard to stop thinking about it. I started to research it and get information from the media and LE in IA. I received permission from the board last week to go after it, and that is what I am doing.

After the board approved it, I asked Melissa if she wanted to help with it. Prior to this, she and her mom were going to go on a day trip to visit the LE up in the area north and west of here where she grew up. They were going to take the flyer about the LE training we are bringing to Omaha in October. It seemed like a good idea to have her take the alert proposal with her as well, so that's what she did. They are friends with many of the LE up there, so it was a way for them to kill 2 birds with one stone: visit the old stomping grounds and disseminate our info. They were all very receptive to Melissa and her mom. I know they did a fantastic job presenting it.

The ticker would tell all basic physical data. It would run in between newscasts and the photo and data would be shown on the next local news program.

The Omaha viewing area will be a beta test. Once established, I plan on taking it west and cover Nebraska. Of course, anyone can initiate it anywhere in the country.

I think it would be wise at this point to get it going here and have better written guidelines than the almost non-existent ones from IA.

We're still in the beginning stages of seeking the participants. They all just received the letter on Tuesday. Already though, we have one LE with a firm yes, and several in discussion. We have WOWT as the first official media participant. KPTM did the first news story and we are certain we will get their official yes on Wednesday. The WOWT story should air today. It was bumped last night because of a train accident.

Once we get the participants we need, I will call a meeting for all of us to create the guidelines. After that, it will be up to the media and LE how fast they can implement it. My personal target date is August 1st.

At this time, we need people to pray for this to go smoothly and for media and LE to easily say yes. I prayed as I dropped the batch of letters into the mailbox and all day Tuesday. So far, it looks like a YES!!!!

I'd better try to get some sleep. Thanks for the support!

Let us know how the meeting goes today! We are with you in spirit.....great job once again Kelly!

Prayers for Kelly and all those involved with this new project..... Godspeed

I am so very proud of you Kelly and all that are involved. I think this is a fabulous idea and all states should implement it!:dance:

Thanks, all.

The meeting went quite well. I learned several things about what is going on behind the scenes in repsect to how things should be and why they are not. I'll just say that it is not the NSP's fault. We're going to work on some things to get cooperation from the info providers. I truly feel that the NSP people do want the site to be worthy of Jason's legacy.

WOWT did have the Project Jason Alert story on tonight, but have not posted it on the web. I will transcribe it myself if I need to. It was the second story at 5pm.

We did get another LE on board today. This is only day 2, so I'm pleased.

Let's keep praying though.

For Omaha area readers:

BOWLING FUN RAISER

SUNDAY, AUGUST 6TH, 1:30 P.M.
Plaza Bowl, Hwy 30 Fremont, NE

Omaha based nonprofit organization, Project Jason, which assists families of missing persons and provides educational materials, will be hosting a bowling “fun raiser”. Bowlers can play up to three games for $10. Door and other prizes will be given away throughout the afternoon. Space is limited, so bowlers will need to sign up ahead of time. To sign up, or to get additional information, please email bowling@projectjason.org or call 402-932-0095.

www.projectjason.org
Sponsored by Project Jason

Kelly I have been taking some time off but I had to check for updates about Jason - because I dreamed of him last night. This was NOT a psychic dream but instead one where Jason just appeared, doing "normal" stuff.

Why? I have no idea. Perhaps its because he lives in my mind and I unconciously search for him. I don't know, but it was pleasant to have him "visit".
smile.gif

Best wishes to Jason's family. Your strength is awesome!

PonderingThings said:
Kelly I have been taking some time off but I had to check for updates about Jason - because I dreamed of him last night. This was NOT a psychic dream but instead one where Jason just appeared, doing "normal" stuff.

Why? I have no idea. Perhaps its because he lives in my mind and I unconciously search for him. I don't know, but it was pleasant to have him "visit".
smile.gif

Best wishes to Jason's family. Your strength is awesome!

Hello,

You're not alone in this. Many "normal" people have dreams where he is alive and well. It's only the "psychics" who all say he is dead.

In fact, just last week, a family member had a very vivid dream that he was alive. That's the dream I have too. I just don't have it while I am sleeping.

Many blessings to you and yours,
Kelly

I agree, I too had a dream that Jennifer Kesse was sleeping soundly while her boyfriend (not Rob Allen for some reason) woke up early to be to work on time. They seemed very happy and self assured.

I don't believe in psychics, especially ones who advertise. But I do believe there are powers of perception (not extra sensory perception). God speaks to his children through dreams and we are surrounded by his angels.
I know God will answer all of our prayers and his mercy endures forever.

I got my order from Pampered Chef today.... It is wonderful.... It was spices and Mr. G. is going to use them at the BBQ cookoff this weekend.

Kelly said:
Hello,

You're not alone in this. Many "normal" people have dreams where he is alive and well. It's only the "psychics" who all say he is dead.

In fact, just last week, a family member had a very vivid dream that he was alive. That's the dream I have too. I just don't have it while I am sleeping.

Many blessings to you and yours,
Kelly

This is my dream also Kelly.....as with you, not while I am sleeping....

Bumping for Jason... You are NOT forgotten....

Hugs to his family & friends who continue to miss him each day.

Thank you Gabby...I too, am thinking of Jason, and Kelly. Hugs and love to you both.

Kelly, Everytime I see a new post to Jason's thread, my heart leaps thinking maybe you will finally have some answers. It's not to be just yet but I'm still praying. Miracles do happen and I pray for blessings for your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Juliana

Never give up even though it is hard. Kelly,I wish I could wrap my arms around you and make it OK. I can't ,again another I can't post. That is not where my heart is it is the realization of what I can do. Does love count at the venture? Stupid, I know. This is such a hardship but never think that others are not hoping and praying.

Not enough...just not enough! Kelly, please don't take a platitude and think we aren't thinking about Jason. We are!

I know that none of you forget Jason and my situation.

He's in my thoughts more often lately. I'm not sure why. (Not that a day goes by without thinking of him)

Yesterday I was driving and saw a young kid walking on the sidewalk. He looked very similar to Jason, same build, height, hair color, etc. My eyes locked on him and did not let go until I was past him and in that split second knew it was not him. His eyes met mine in that passing moment. He probably wondered why I was staring at him. I hoped he had a home with a loving family to go to.

Kelly said:
I know that none of you forget Jason and my situation.

He's in my thoughts more often lately. I'm not sure why. (Not that a day goes by without thinking of him)

Yesterday I was driving and saw a young kid walking on the sidewalk. He looked very similar to Jason, same build, height, hair color, etc. My eyes locked on him and did not let go until I was past him and in that split second knew it was not him. His eyes met mine in that passing moment. He probably wondered why I was staring at him. I hoped he had a home with a loving family to go to.

Kelly, one day, in God's time, whether it be soon or later, you will be with your son again... whether it be in this life or the next... I just have a feeling it will be in this life.. I pray this feeling is fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties